Brechin v Cowdenbeath

8 minutes ago, Citytillidie said:

Thought we were really good best I've seen us play for a long time the link up play McCord really seemed to make us tick today pretty sure he started the moves for both our goals

Cowden were hopeless. No RB for first goal, no LB for second . Brechin should have had a penalty when Pyper ( again ) wrestled one of the Brechin players to the ground. McCord strolled the game, his legs have gone  but that didn’t matter. Wish we had someone like that.

The last ten minutes were great!

16 minutes ago, Infirmary Street said:

Great stuff City. Wasn’t at the game today but sounds like a good performance as well as the right result - well done everyone and hopefully we can keep  it up and get off the bottom before the end of the year

Great performance today - not a failure in the side. The work rate was fantastic typified by Olly Hamilton. He never stopped running and his second goal finished off a great move brilliantly. Fully deserved his man of the match. Referee spoiled the last 5 minutes with his meltdown - totally inept after a reasonable performance for 85 minutes. Well done City - keep it up.

City deserved their win. With far less of the ball, they looked far more dangerous. Their experienced players, mc manus McCord Hill all played well. We contributed to our own downfall. Keeper (and others ) at fault for the first goal. McCord given all the room he wanted to pick his passes, whilst our own midfield continually misplaced or overhit theirs. All these cards we are picking up are going to hurt us, and so many of them are for really stupid things. City seem to have found a way of playing th a suits the players they have, and have a fighting chance of beating the drop. From a pie and soup eating perspective I hope so 

7 minutes ago, iateallthepies said:

City deserved their win. With far less of the ball, they looked far more dangerous. Their experienced players, mc manus McCord Hill all played well. We contributed to our own downfall. Keeper (and others ) at fault for the first goal. McCord given all the room he wanted to pick his passes, whilst our own midfield continually misplaced or overhit theirs. All these cards we are picking up are going to hurt us, and so many of them are for really stupid things. City seem to have found a way of playing th a suits the players they have, and have a fighting chance of beating the drop. From a pie and soup eating perspective I hope so 

McCord is clearly a talented guy and could still be playing at least a level above this if his fitness was up to it. He won’t be the first footballer to not quite live up to his potential but he’s only 30 and if he knuckles down he could be a serious asset for us this year - not just in terms of results. People want to be entertained and we desperately need as many folk as possible through the gates every week (says the man who didn’t make it today). Folk who are undecided might just come out on the off chance that they could see a bit of McCord magic. When we won away at Albion Rovers early in the season he hit the bar with an awesome effort that I don’t think anyone else would have even contemplated 

26 minutes ago, iateallthepies said:

One small point. Whilst nobody puts much store in the BBC stats they do say City had 55% possession. Doesn’t fit with your “far less of the ball”!

I couldn't make it yesterday due to family commitments but reaaly encouraged by all the positive reports on our performance.  Mark Wilson seems to be doing a fantastic job in regaining the team's confidence . There is a very noticeable improvement week by week and results are starting to show that. Glad to see young Olly starting to show his real potential now.  He is obviously one who thrives  on confidence. 

Need to go on a bit of a run now if we are to get away from this fucking trapdoor . Hopefully a few new additions in the January window might help .  But keep up the good work Mark . :thumsup2

1 hour ago, charlie king mvp said:

Yesterday’s performance gives me real hope, the best I have seen in a long time.  Not often in recent times we have really dominated a game and been such worthy winners.

You knocked it about really well in the last game as well, better than us. You don't look like a team that should be bottom, but you seem to concede goals far too easily. Even yesterday, we could have easily snatched an undeserved draw.

3 minutes ago, PELE said:

You knocked it about really well in the last game as well, better than us. You don't look like a team that should be bottom, but you seem to concede goals far too easily. Even yesterday, we could have easily snatched an undeserved draw.

Brechin looked decent until Cowden scored then some of their players completely lost it. Strange, they were never really in danger of losing.

10 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Brechin looked decent until Cowden scored then some of their players completely lost it. Strange, they were never really in danger of losing.

Just before we scored, some of the Brechin fans were still worried about losing! I had to reassure them that the points were in the bag.

21 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

I think players from both teams lost it to be fair, and the ref completely lost control of the situation, which is a shame as I thought he'd been reasonably good, penalty incident aside.

Highlights will be interesting as I didn't see what Hill did to deserve his red card.

I think players from both teams lost it to be fair, and the ref completely lost control of the situation, which is a shame as I thought he'd been reasonably good, penalty incident aside.
Highlights will be interesting as I didn't see what Hill did to deserve his red card.

Sent off for arguing with a spectator - Dougie told me that himself after the game

2 minutes ago, RedintheBed said:

If that's true, it's a bit hypocritical by the ref since he was arguing with a spectator earlier in the game.

Didn’t hear any complaints from anyone about the ref until the last 5mins. The guy really didn’t know what to do.

Wasn’t a dirty game, no bad fouls. Weird.