Elgin v Albion

Poor performance all round. Shane had a good 2nd half, Bronsky had his poorest game imo, McKay was awful and should've been punted at HT. Aitken isn't a footballer and for his size, doesn't old up a ball and is too easily knocked over. 5pts off a playoff spot sounds better than 6pts off bottom.

Bronsky supposedly off work sick all week, so perhaps not surprising that he wasn't on top of his game come Saturday. That said, if struggling for fit bodies at centre back, then why not recall the one that's on loan in the Highland League?

Mainly because he can't come back and play in the 1st Xi I would guess

1 hour ago, Highland ITFC said:

Why would that be? As I've always understood & observed the loan system, with the vast majority of loans the parent club can cancel it & recall the player if they choose to do so.  

Ask Clyde. That worked well for them last season...

Almost as if rules change. 

SPFL Player Regulation 65 (Expiry / termination of Temporary Transfers)

“On the expiry of the term or other termination of a Temporary Transfer, the Registration of the Player concerned shall revert to his transferor Club or, as the case may be, his Football club:
(i) where such expiry or termination occurs outside of a Registration Period, on the first day of the next succeeding Registration Period; or
(ii) where such expiry or termination occurs during a Registration Period, on the date of such expiry or termination.“(emphasis added)

The effect of this provision is that a ‘loan’ Player who returns to his lending Club on early termination of his loan agreement is not eligible to play for his lending Club until the first day of the next Registration Period. The only exception to this is where an exceptional order may be made by the Board,

Yes

Clyde player was out on loan and recalled played v us (setting up a goal in a 1-0 win for clyde) and queens park (in a 1-1 draw) before january window opened

Both games results were overturned with rovers and qp being awarded 3-0 wins

Emergency loans are for 30 days maximum and only for goalkeepers I'm sure

20 hours ago, Thom & Gerry said:

We’ve also got McGowan on loan at Linlithgow so suppose same with him?

True...forgot about him. That said, unless he comes back into the squad after his current loan period ends shortly, then as he's now based in Glasgow, I can't imagine that he'll be seen in an Elgin shirt again, & will be more likely to seek regular football down there on a permanent basis.