The ‘Clearly Nobody Cares’ Battle Of Station Park

On 13/12/2019 at 10:17, iamnotgarybollan said:

It’ll be goalless, wet, windy, poor with barely any chances. Stevie Aitken and Scott Booth to appear for their interview for the tea lady job and the ghost of Grant Adam to be sent off.

U got the nights lottery numbers aye?

26 minutes ago, iamnotgarybollan said:

Two things wrong from the seven named suggests I could be more wrong

Cold? Yes
Wet? Yes
Windy? Yes
Aitken and Booth there and the ghost of Grant Adam sent off? You can’t prove they werent

Archie Knox was there in their place

Horrendous defending by Forfar at times today. Hope Travis's injury doesn't keep him out long. He might not be in great form (despite scoring twice)  but he's the best CB we've got at the moment. Just when I thought we were starting to make progress we go and humiliate ourselves by chucking the lead away 3 times!

On a positive note, we at least scored 3 times today, all from set pieces.

Not the result I wanted but for all the faults it was an entertaining game. At last some goals, good forward play and tidy interlinking passes. Ross Forbes with some excellent passes and, as usual, great placement from corners and free kicks. Dumbarton third goal was a cracker. Ah well, maybe next week.

Not the result I wanted but for all the faults it was an entertaining game. At last some goals, good forward play and tidy interlinking passes. Ross Forbes with some excellent passes and, as usual, great placement from corners and free kicks. Dumbarton third goal was a cracker. Ah well, maybe next week.
Are you ross forbes?

The bloke is a complete waste of a shirt. We still cant create anything from open play & yet he continues to start.

Not to mention his laziness is on another level.

7 minutes ago, TheClosingArguement said:

Are you ross forbes?

The bloke is a complete waste of a shirt. We still cant create anything from open play & yet he continues to start.

Not to mention his laziness is on another level.

Eh?

Forbes was one of the few positives in an otherwise grim watch.

Guessing you liked easton too.

Classy player or not, hes no use unless he's scored twice and you're 3-0 up

Selfish p***k, doesn't care about the team result.

Fact remains since he's been at the club, for the most oart, we've been horrendous at creating & scoring.

[emoji23] No, I just think he's a classy player. Can pick out players with cutting passes, great at free kicks, and where some see laziness I see poise and control. 

Forbes has some talent, no doubt about that but he is a lazy player which ties in with what I believe was a Dumbarton fan pretending to be a journalist said on a podcast a few weeks ago that he is a luxury player. Good when you’re 3-0 up but when you’re in a game such as the one today he’s a passenger and doesn’t put in the effort, that was shown when he couldn’t be bothered to chase a ball five yards in front of him and Dumbarton started a counter attack. This happened on more than one occasion, that’s not poise and control, that’s just lazy and can see some of his teammates getting frustrated with him

Ross Forbes scored some important goals for us last season along with quite a few assists (not my area, Jan Vojacek will provide the exact number) and we'd probably be in League 2 just now if not for him. I don't know how he's been performing for you as I don't watch your games but I wouldn't confuse a lack of pace with laziness.

13 minutes ago, iamnotgarybollan said:

Forbes has some talent, no doubt about that but he is a lazy player which ties in with what I believe was a Dumbarton fan pretending to be a journalist said on a podcast a few weeks ago that he is a luxury player. Good when you’re 3-0 up but when you’re in a game such as the one today he’s a passenger and doesn’t put in the effort, that was shown when he couldn’t be bothered to chase a ball five yards in front of him and Dumbarton started a counter attack. This happened on more than one occasion, that’s not poise and control, that’s just lazy and can see some of his teammates getting frustrated with him

I'm actually a journalist who pretends to be a Dumbarton fan m9.