The ‘Clearly Nobody Cares’ Battle Of Station Park

I'll probably write up loads tomorrow, but I've had ten hours sleep since Wednesday night and I need my bed. Here's my report from today for all the Sons fans who couldn't make it - and there must be a few of you. 

Also got a bonus double player interview in this week's Lennox you'll all be very excited to hear. I might've had no sleep, but I was in a mega productive mood today.

Defensively we were diabolical today, arguably as bad as we have been all season at the back ( and that covers some ground). Thought Dumbarton were as bad but they had the sense to shoot on sight and got their rewards for doing that.

If we don’t add to our squad in January the best we will get is relegation play-off, next week huge and if no Travis do not fancy us at all.

Ross Forbes is a fantastic set piece taker, and he can play a sensational pass but he does tend to be a passenger when the going is tough. Also Forbes is only starting (I think) because Kirkpatrick is injured, before Kirky got injured Stuart started him alongside Hilson with Forbes on the bench. Our attacking options are very limited, see my comprehensive report 😋:

Dale Hilson - only decent striker we have.

Ross Forbes - great at set pieces, doesn't offer much else.

Jordan Kirkpatrick - has some good days but has more bad.

Connor Coupe - great player but can't score and is definitely a winger not a striker.

Andy Jackson - been ineffective all season, and has created nothing since his return from injury.

Rory Currie - Waste of time getting him on loan.

Russell McLean - Scored a nice goal on his debut, but has been useless since, was a desperation signing after all our strikers got injured.

Nice bit of control from Bain for their 3rd goal.

Shambles at the back, slow in midfield and nothing up front.  No Travis, who is our best defender & attacker it seems, for next weekend. Not a Merry Christmas.

Can't see us getting anything there.  Bleak times ahead.

Edited by SlipperyP

11 hours ago, Bridie Vision said:

Ross Forbes is a fantastic set piece taker, and he can play a sensational pass but he does tend to be a passenger when the going is tough. 

He's a luxury at this level because more often than not the going gets tough in this league.

See our start to last season as the prime example.

4th goal shouldn't have counted, according to the highlights it doesn't cross the line. Ref had no clue, linesman was awful so they just decided to give Dumbarton the 3 points. I know our defending was bad but I think a draw would've been fair. Let's hope that referee decision doesn't prove to be a costly mistake come the end of the season!

4th goal shouldn't have counted, according to the highlights it doesn't cross the line. Ref had no clue, linesman was awful so they just decided to give Dumbarton the 3 points. I know our defending was bad but I think a draw would've been fair. Let's hope that referee decision doesn't prove to be a costly mistake come the end of the season!

Looked to me like it had crossed the line..i take it there is only one goal cam and it was up the other end? Might have cleared it up

Delighted with the 3 points though

40 minutes ago, Bridie Vision said:

14 minutes ago, aftershocker said:

Looked to me like it had crossed the line..i take it there is only one goal cam and it was up the other end? Might have cleared it up

Delighted with the 3 points though

It's not easy to tell on the Goal Cam - and I have no clue how the assistant could be sure enough to give it, but I think it looks just over. Think Forfar had a GoPro behind the goal that it was scored into too so that might help clear things up.

GH020065_Moment.thumb.jpg.b2c2eed87023c34043761d77a58e102e.jpg

GH020065_Moment(3).thumb.jpg.06c46a5f853c3da1e1028c92021bccf6.jpg

It's not easy to tell on the Goal Cam - and I have no clue how the assistant could be sure enough to give it, but I think it looks just over. Think Forfar had a GoPro behind the goal that it was scored into too so that might help clear things up.
GH020065_Moment.thumb.jpg.b2c2eed87023c34043761d77a58e102e.jpg
GH020065_Moment(3).thumb.jpg.06c46a5f853c3da1e1028c92021bccf6.jpg
That certainly looks over to me

Either a great decision by the linesman, though it also looked like the ref gave it straight away, or just a fluke they got the right decision [emoji2957]

1 minute ago, Bridie Vision said:

Think that was Dumbarton's camera on that goal. From those pictures I stand corrected. Still think the linesman was useless though.

We only have one GoPro which those stills are from - because it's my brother's and me who put it up! The big camera behind the goal is a stills one from Andy Scott, our Facebook photographer, but I have no idea who the other GoPro beside it belonged to.

It looks like the officials got it right...But there's no chance they could be sure imo so we probably got a bit of fortune there.

6 hours ago, Bridie Vision said:

You+call+that+a+smug+face+_c286d7b563cf00389bec85ba7c773f73.jpg

6 hours ago, Bridie Vision said:

It was over the line. I had a nice view just along from the pie stall on the far side. The fact that neither Gary Irvine nor Marc McCallum had any complaints tells its own story.  Yes, a draw would have been fair overall, but them's the breaks.:rolleyes: