Mo v Clyde

Ranks expected back in January. He's hungry for football.

Dry brittle plasticine.

No idea why we keep re-signing him. He's played less than 40 games in two and a half seasons (including many sub appearances). He doesn't often impress me when he does play.

We've also given McNiff, another poor fullback, a two year contract.

Added to Rankin, who appears to still be some distance from full fitness, that's a lot of our available funding gone.

To be fair, Lennon has also signed the excellent Grant and Rumsby.

In my opinion we re-signed too many League two quality players after the euphoria of the playoff final.

I think 8th is now our target and that looks optimistic on current form.

We can't pin our hopes to John Rankin coming back and suddenly turning it around, we need to ship a few of players out mainly the constantly injured duffie and Tony Wallace who just is a waste of money sitting on the bench and doesn't suit our style of play but then again both Wallace and Smith are on 2 year deals and can say f**k right off and see out their deals. The left back has been a problem since the summer Mcniff is not going to cut it there at league 1 level he would be an okay back up centre half and it doesn't help when Mcstay and Grant are not showing up lately. I didn't go yesterday and the result didn't surprise me after the last couple of weeks showings. I want to say more but it's just depressing to even think about it. 

8 minutes ago, Clyde85 said:

What's everyone's thoughts on Norway then? I know he shows promise but he's constantly injured and taking up a wage that could be put to better use.

A work in progress who was developing well and looked to have hit some good form in the summer, then gets a long term injury.  Second half of last season, him and Banks swapping wings caused the opposition a lot of problems, and pretty sure idea was that would continue with him and Johnston

I'd say he's been one of the bigger losses as those two playing together would've provided DGW a much better service.

We'll just have to see what effect the long term injury's had when he's due back around February, not playing for that length of time might also have set back his general progress. Hope not obviously as we'd then carry equal threat down both wings

The new fella McMullan looked decent, but in an advanced position. Clearly just filling in yesterday so wouldn't judge him on that.

As Danny acknowledged they're going through a rough spell, but he's never had his preferred first XI to pick and constantly had injuries or illness to deal with.  But Howie can't be far away now and the defence generally has been good enough.  As the Mo fan said, our main problem's been up front, converting chances, but Love's back in the frame now also.  Though it's been a frustrating season due to having numerous players out, on assumption we've had our 'luck' for one season, I think we'll start to pick up again from January and be OK.  And with how tight this league is, anyone who goes on a run could still end up Top 4.