Mo v Clyde

25 minutes ago, bullyweehutch said:

We are 4-0 down. Telling me there isn't changes needed in the window? We'll go down with no changes. We haven't won in the league since the 26th of October now. Beyond relegation form

Not saying there’s no need- how would we offload players such as Wallace- Lyons- Lamont- who’d take them? Fitzpatrick- and Allison and poss McMullin on amateur terms - so no saving.

it’s not that we don’t need new blood- no argument there- it’s how it would be achieved that is the huge challenge

Easy victory in the end for Montrose 

Like the home game against Raith we dominated the first half but unlike that game we had a goal to show for it. Thought Steeves had scored but all websites had credited Blair Lyons with it. 

Clyde started the second half the better team and some good saves, one particularly outstanding from Lennox kept Clyde at bay. Second goal from Lyons killed it and 2 good (hopefully confidence building) goals from Martin Rennie completed the scoring. 

Great performances from all in blue, thought Lennox perhaps deserved the MOTM award over Lyons 

looking forward to Falkirk next week

spotted some Santa’s looking for a scrap in the middle of the road after the game as well,  defeat must have ripped the Christmas spirit from them

Edited by broomiesniper

Ironically, it's our goals-for stat that says it all about us, not our goals-conceded stat. It's now the third worst in the league despite keeping an absurdly prolific forward on the books; and another pedigreed goalscorer in Smith. Of course, if you forgot the Stranraer game or assumed a Goodwillie injury, even they (Stranraer) could be relaxed about avoiding automatic relegation at our expense.

Point being: our whole approach is heavily hedged in favour of protecting our defenders, all of whom - even those out today - play as though they've got gout.

Some serious shopping and selling needing done in the window if we're going to avoid the backdoor.

1 minute ago, HughieMc said:

Just the same.......🙄

Tell them we can't afford to keep them, be pragmatic about helping them find them new clubs and negotiate low-to-no settlement for contract termination.

If you thought I meant push them onto a plane, you've just convicted yourself of stupidity; no jury required on that.

1 minute ago, Sao Paulo said:

Tell them we can't afford to keep them, be pragmatic about helping them find them new clubs and negotiate low-to-no settlement for contract termination.

If you thought I meant push them onto a plane, you've just convicted yourself of stupidity; no jury required on that.

If it were as easy as you suggest- I’m sure it will be done- as for the stupidity comment- it says a lot more about you than me. 

If money is so tight why did we gamble on giving Rankin a new deal. He must be one of our highest earners and hasn’t kicked a ball yet. By the time he is back up to speed most of the season will be done and will he play on for another?

Harsh perhaps but a major waste of resources so far.

Just now, HughieMc said:

If it were as easy as you suggest- I’m sure it will be done- as for the stupidity comment- it says a lot more about you than me. 

Is your purpose on here just to be a club partisan then? You're the first to tell us how difficult it'll all be; I don't think I've ever read you even speculate on a way out; a solution, a trade-off.

8 minutes ago, Sao Paulo said:

Is your purpose on here just to be a club partisan then? You're the first to tell us how difficult it'll all be; I don't think I've ever read you even speculate on a way out; a solution, a trade-off.

Maybe a dose of realism that is required.

9 minutes ago, Harry Haddock said:

Our financial problems may be in part to being stitched up by a previous board member.Many amongst us saw him as the new messiah.

Also,budgeting for a cup run last year came back to bite us.

“Stitched up” explain that one please 

15 minutes ago, Harry Haddock said:

Our financial problems may be in part to being stitched up by a previous board member.Many amongst us saw him as the new messiah.

Also,budgeting for a cup run last year came back to bite us.

Oh, Harold. 

One deeply clouded matter which hasn't yet manifested a single outcome, inspiring rage....

And yet a factual, openly- declared gamble is merely a dogbite on the arse. 

What a place this is.