Queen's P. V Stirling A.

After last week's disappointment, it's hopefully back to winning ways against the Bino's. Hopefully the park survived the Old Firm carthorses ploughing it up, allowing us to return to silky soccer ways. I'd stick to last week's team.

Edited to add: home win.

After our defeat to bottom club Brechin on Saturday, this is a game we must take something from. Hopefully we get a reaction to that poor display and get at least a point from this game but it is usually difficult against a Queens side who are very inconsistent at the moment. 

Be quite happy with a share of the points but you never know we might be leaving Hampden with all 3 points on  Saturday but then again you never know. ☹️

I’m sure Jamieson will be back in the heart of defence. His presence, ability and leadership was missed on Saturday. Finnie deserves a run in at right-back now. I’m sure Mark didn’t recruit him to warm the bench. Hopefully he stays on the park[emoji23]

We’ve breezed past Brechin twice and Stirling had a tough time as we know last week. QP win 2-0.

Conditions were atrocious so it would be unfair to be too critical. I would like an explanation from the referee why that was not a penalty. He must be the only referee in Britain who would not have given that. I thought that Queens shaded it on quality and their goal was the only bit of real football in the whole game. Stirling were a couthy bunch but showed very little going forward. They were too robust for our midfield but produced little further up the field. For me, after a nervy start, Finnie really looked the part. He has good anticipation and can cross a ball powerfully with either foot. On that showing he was the best we have had this season in that position. Poorest game I have seen from Main but as said the conditions did not suit him.

Felt overall a point each was a fair result in the end. First half would say Albion were the slightly better team and deserved to go in leading 1-0 from a Dylan Mackin goal. Second half felt Queens got into the match more and on reflection deserved the equaliser. 

Stupid 2nd yellow card for James Crainey near the end but it did not cause us any problems. Given the conditions today a draw was inevitable. 

Good goal by finnie but thought he struggled throughout the game was amazed he got man of the match . Queens poor again today seems we have a slow start each game and we know if we go a goal down we will struggle.
Will be interesting to see what happens with transfers in January.
Every fan knows the front two should play close to each other but yet again it seems the players did not .
For me Jamieson was by far our best player and should have got man of the match.

Never had a chance to post last night, however I felt a draw was the fair result yesterday.

First Half, I thought we were on top of the game, looked comfortable and Mackin was doing well as the focal point of the team. He looked like the player that we signed last season, held the ball up well bringing Bikey & Willis into the game, and it came as no surprise when he opened the scoring.

The Queens Park Goalkeeper has to look lively with a couple of efforts in the half but when Bikey hit the post just before Half Time, I thought we would come out after the break and up another gear, but it never really happened.

Inevitably Queens Park came back into things in the Second Half, and other than a Mackin drive that was tipped over the bar, we never really created much, but at the same time it didn’t look like Queens would score either, until Finnie danced around Creaney, cut inside the box and put the ball past Binnie.

The number of silly yellows we were picking up was concerning, and when a red was shown to Creaney, it was all a little cringeworthy and disappointing, especially when he took forever to trapes off the pitch. Nicol was possibly lucky not to have followed him on a couple of occasions and the disappointing thing was there was not a rash tackle in the game.

As the Second Half wore on, we became the walking wounded, which is concerning for the next few weeks. Creaney and Lowdon are obviously suspended and injured, so Cammy Thomson is the only player available for Left Back, but Mackin also hobbled and limped about up top and seemed to be struggling, as did Bikey and Jardine, and obviously Currie was subbed early in the First Half. Let’s hope most can recover in time for Edinburgh next week.

I never describe going to Hampden to watch Queens Park an enjoyable experience but when the conditions are as bad as they were yesterday, I’m it sure players from either team enjoy it themselves, so it’s probably no surprise that the game was anything but a thriller.

Decent point I would say, but the game could have been out of sight in the First Half.

Again, when we play a team who dig in at Hampden we struggle. The Stirling goal was awful from our perspective. Finnie moved out to mark the touchline player leaving a gap for the SA player to get goalside of Louderen. It's a coaching rule that the midfielder stays at the touchline and the defender closer to the box. And then what happened when the ball came into the centre was just really poor. I don't know who else picked up Roberts' rant in the first half but it was uncomplimentary about Foy. Nicky didn't have his best game but still the best of the bunch and it's clear to me now we're at our best with him, Little and Clark.

The conditions definitely featured though. The amount of wasted passes by both teams, poor ball control etc was too much not to have the weather involved. That and the referee blowing for needless issues (and missing the big one) made it a dysfunctional game. Thought Finnie looked promising but made a few errors as well so we'll get a better look next week. Great show of confidence and conviction for his goal though. Good interaction with Galt and connected well with Lidouren (going forward at least).

Yet another Saturday though where two points dropped. SA weren't great and sadly Finnie's goal was an unexpected bit of individualism rather than a product of pressure and build-up. I've been wondering for a while if ref's have a Whistle and Card forum where they swap notes on players. Sal never seems to get anything. If you're marked as diver you lose the real fouls too.

Could someone who is familiar with the bookmaker business let me know the odds now for Galt scoring from a free-kick more than 20 metres from goal?

Can someone please tell me what Alfie gives to the team. Tommy is a shadow of the player he was at start of the season. . Willie had a good game yesterday. I thought Cammy Foy defended well but what about they crossfield passes.  Finnie looked okay. Just think he some games to get up to speed. We had 2 many players off it yesterday. What has Reagan done not to be in the squad?