Arbroath vs United

did anyone notice united player that needed the trainer in 1st half stayed on the park , but in 2nd half our player Stewart , i think , was made to go off and utd broke up the park and he was still standing on the touchline , usual inconsistency from officials

12 minutes ago, kenwood65 said:

did anyone notice united player that needed the trainer in 1st half stayed on the park , but in 2nd half our player Stewart , i think , was made to go off and utd broke up the park and he was still standing on the touchline , usual inconsistency from officials

If I remember correctly your player was booked for the tackle, the new rules mean the injured player does not have to leave the field if the opposition is cautioned.

If we think Luke Donnelly has been superb then it just shows big a problem we have.

He’s been alright in a few games, that’s about it really. We don’t have anyone we can rely on up there.

Would rather have a striker like Donnelly who can get the best out of bobby with his link play than one who’ll score a few more but not contribute to the team tbh

Arbroath matched United yesterday and should have collected a point - there was absolutely nothing between the two teams.

United had the advantage of having a bigger squad with both teams having played 3 games within 7 days, but for all that, Arbroath were really unfortunate not to get a point.

This is perhaps the best Arbroath team in a generation and they were well up for the challenge .

It was also great to have United and their big support at Gayfield - I doubt United will be in this league next season, but their fans helped to contribute to the match atmosphere, which had a cup tie feeling about it.

United are the only team Arbroath have not taken points off this season - but we still have 2 matches against them to address this matter.

1 minute ago, clashcityrocker said:

Arbroath matched United yesterday and should have collected a point - there was absolutely nothing between the two teams.

United had the advantage of having a bigger squad with both teams having played 3 games within 7 days, but for all that, Arbroath were really unfortunate not to get a point.

This is perhaps the best Arbroath team in a generation and they were well up for the challenge .

It was also great to have United and their big support at Gayfield - I doubt United will be in this league next season, but their fans helped to contribute to the match atmosphere, which had a cup tie feeling about it.

United are the only team Arbroath have not taken points off this season - but we still have 2 matches against them to address this matter.

There was a goal between the two teams.

HTH.

3 minutes ago, clashcityrocker said:

was also great to have United and their big support at Gayfield - I doubt United will be in this league next season, but their fans helped to contribute to the match atmosphere

Most had to travel a shorter distance than they do to get to Tannadice, tbf.

5 minutes ago, Dele said:

Most had to travel a shorter distance than they do to get to Tannadice, tbf.

Yeah we all live in Angus and all Dundee supporters live in Dundee.

Mind you that doesn’t explain why our home crowds are outnumbering yours by about 2,000 each game though.

15 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Yeah we all live in Angus and all Dundee supporters live in Dundee.

Mind you that doesn’t explain why our home crowds are outnumbering yours by about 2,000 each game though.

I think you do know why that is and you're just - once again - trying to derail the thread into an inane argument with things nothing to do with football. 

Textbook Danger.