Arbroath vs United

24 minutes ago, Lichteeeeee said:

Bit hard to pull facts up on strangers on a forum.

but the fact you thanks me for my opinions personal or not at the end of the post is what made me jump to that conclusion. Given i was speaking to the “ gone fishing “ account and you thanked me for those opinions theres not really any other conclusion i can jump to.

but gone fishing was the one making assumptions and now your telling me what i should or shouldnt do.

real bossy bunch you two eh

its a forum where you can say as you please but telling people what they shoilr or shouldnt do does make you both sound two of a kind.

enjoy your saturday night, and thanks for the input, ill sleep a whole lot better tonight having had some of your wise words.

I think you are a little confused, your post was in reply to my initial post about today's game and you gave some personal opinions at the end of it.

I'm not telling anyone what they should or shouldn't do, merely making a suggestion, but it seems that I should have said that "Perhaps you should avoid jumping to conclusions based on no factual evidence". Would that suit you better?

Glad to hear that you will rest easy in your bed tonight, maybe dreaming of big Luke someday being Man of the Match.

Another suggestion, maybe it's time to put this conversation to an end . I'm quite happy for you to have the last word if you wish and I won't pay any more attention to your posts

Edited by SotesBornalichtie

55 minutes ago, Lichteeeeee said:

Ahh so you use two accounts on here?

Opinions are always part of the game and we all pay our money to follow and watch the team and have an opinion.

Goals to games ratio is as high as any other striker in the team, noone is saying anyone is a championship standard player or not the crux of the team is in the same boat. 

its just weird when donnelly was scoring the gone fishing account goes very quiet, when games are not won the same player kops the abuse.

but each to their own ill just stick my 2p worth in too.

The gone fishing account goes quiet when we get a good result also. All a bit odd

Thought we played well today gutted we could not find the net for the equaliser. Only thing i was disapointed in was the subs what a awful decision to take off linn and kader too all width from the game and last 15 mins we did not even barley cross the half way line after subs went off. Total wrong call from big dick but we move on to next week MON THE LICHTIES

14 minutes ago, lichtiedaft1993 said:

Thought we played well today gutted we could not find the net for the equaliser. Only thing i was disapointed in was the subs what a awful decision to take off linn and kader too all width from the game and last 15 mins we did not even barley cross the half way line after subs went off. Total wrong call from big dick but we move on to next week MON THE LICHTIES

On the face of it it was a big bold move doing all three subs at one time, but as you say, Linn and Kader off was a wrong move. As a United fan to see them removed was no bad thing. 

Apologies to Lichteeeeeee.

I didn't look at what you quoted and assumed, that since your post was immediately after my post regarding the game, that you were referring to me. Also because I have criticised Donnelly in the past and said today that he and Shankland were hardly in the game I again assumed that you took that as a direct criticism of Donnelly, which it was but only a faint criticism.

So, In future I'll pay more attention before firing off replies. But I stick by what I said in other posts and I definitely do not have 2 accounts or an alter ego of "gone fishing".

Well done to United today, fantastic crowd and great atmosphere, great boost to all the local boozers as they were all mobbed before and after the game which was great to see. All the best for the rest of the season and hopefully you return to the premiership where you belong.

Onto the game I thought we were absolutely superb, very unlucky to not get anything out the game today, Considering this was our 3rd game in a week we looked great and our fitness levels are superb, would be hard pushed again today to tell who was the full time team, Definitely the better team but it’s goals that win games and United grinded it out so fair play to them, It’s results like today that will win them the title, Thought it looked a penalty sadly from where I was stood but excellent save from Gaston, whole team like I said did fantastic but big standouts for me were Miko McKenna TOB & Whatley, Onwards and upwards, 3 great performances this week that have 100% shown we belong in this championship and this is our level. 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

Edited by 36-0 Maroon

What problem do we have? Enlighten me?
Donnelly and Mckenna are doing well for me, I don’t see a ready made replacement out there for free. Yes a Shankland, nisbet or dobbie would be great for us but not going to happen. I think it’s up to the manager to move spence and Doris on and try and do a bit wheeling and dealing in January so we have a genuine challenge to the jersey for Luke and Michael. 

We were good today agin, actually don’t think 2 points out the last 3 games have been fair to us which shows how far we’ve come.

I’ve already said in my post, we don’t have anyone up top we can rely on, I’m not sure how to say it any clearer than that.

Obviously a Shankland or Nisbet isn’t realistically going to happen but we could vastly improve what we have up there.

You said it yourself we really should’ve had 6 points this week if we were more ruthless, we are letting some games pass us by.

Can't fault any of our players yesterday, Thought the worst after the early goal but no one could deny we deserved a draw,
Didn't agree with 3 at back, especially when that makes Linn a wing back, Hammy was left exposed to many times,
Last 3 games show again our only problem is taking our chances, Donnelly and McKenna done well yesterday but don't score enough, Agree the subs didn't work yesterday, If we need a goal Linn should stay on, Bringing Spence on to play on the left was never gonna work,
Absolutely fantastic crowd and hopefully that gives us a wee bit of money to get a few players in January

Can't fault any of our players yesterday, Thought the worst after the early goal but no one could deny we deserved a draw,
Didn't agree with 3 at back, especially when that makes Linn a wing back, Hammy was left exposed to many times,
Last 3 games show again our only problem is taking our chances, Donnelly and McKenna done well yesterday but don't score enough, Agree the subs didn't work yesterday, If we need a goal Linn should stay on, Bringing Spence on to play on the left was never gonna work,
Absolutely fantastic crowd and hopefully that gives us a wee bit of money to get a few players in January

Nearly 7k through the gates in the last 8 days

What exactly happened at that short corner that United made a complete hash of in the first half. Couldn't quite see from where I was sat. Guessing the player (can't remember who - Staunton or Clark I think) who received the ball was offside? Either way it quite embarrassing, but a little amusing. Noticed the linesman having a chuckle 

4 minutes ago, Steven W said:

What exactly happened at that short corner that United made a complete hash of in the first half. Couldn't quite see from where I was sat. Guessing the player (can't remember who - Staunton or Clark I think) who received the ball was offside? Either way it quite embarrassing, but a little amusing. Noticed the linesman having a chuckle 

Those corners were doing my box in. Arbroath defenders obviously clocked it the first couple of times we did it and moved men off the post so Stanton was offside after the ball came back to him. They made an arse of 1 or 2 in the 2nd half as well. Definitely a case of overthinking it in my own humble opinion.

As someone else mentioned boozers across the town seemed to be jumping before and after the game, we walked up to Westport at full time and everywhere was rammed. Nice wee early Christmas present for the local landlords.

A right okd Barney going in here.... superb game, Miko,whatley linn McKenna stand outs for me! Gutted we didn't get anything from that game we 100% deserved it. Very surprised how quiet shankland was, was expecting a showboating performance from him. 

anyway we all have our own views/ opinions  but who would of guessed we would be where we are now 😍

16 minutes ago, coppola said:

Those corners were doing my box in. Arbroath defenders obviously clocked it the first couple of times we did it and moved men off the post so Stanton was offside after the ball came back to him. They made an arse of 1 or 2 in the 2nd half as well. Definitely a case of overthinking it in my own humble opinion.

As someone else mentioned boozers across the town seemed to be jumping before and after the game, we walked up to Westport at full time and everywhere was rammed. Nice wee early Christmas present for the local landlords.

I didnt think the ball came back to him at that corner though. Stanton took it and Clark stopped it dead then Stanton crosses it. I was the other side of the goal though so might be wrong. Did Clark move it forward?

6 minutes ago, Tap in 94 said:

I didnt think the ball came back to him at that corner though. Stanton took it and Clark stopped it dead then Stanton crosses it. I was the other side of the goal though so might be wrong. Did Clark move it forward?

I was watching through the haze of a few pints but have to assume Clark has rolled it forward slightly. The Arbroath players all reacted straight away, could clearly hear them shouting for offside when it came back to Stanton.

15 hours ago, Lichteeeeee said:

How come everytime we get beat you have a pop at Donnelly?

Seems more of a personal thing to me, if you look at your comments, your constantly on at him, you sit there and say nothing when goals are going in, i dont think you have the brain power or football knowledge to realise playing with one upfront and playing it to someones head ( bare in mind its hard to control or pass a ball with your head ) that you expect anyone to be banging goals in left right and centre. With all due respect i dont think you will ever have any striker playing that kinda game being prolific, but Donnelly has done a great job yet you want him dropped for not scoring in the last 5. 

Who you replacing him with? 

Bit of positivity is always welcome, not whining like a little bitch constantly about a specific player, especially when you dont have the brain cells to appreciate the overall play or the job that player does for the team. Hes being played up top whilst hes a midfielder as hes about the only one who can do any kind of job doing that graveyard shift.

Dick doesnt want to play with 2 up top he has stated that publically and its always going to be a case of hit and hope and dig out results, now you will argue that Dicks a genius for such tactics as he will likely grind out some results and keep us in the league, yet you want to slaughter players specifically.

We dont have the same strength as other teams in the league and need to do something so we dont get battered on a weekly basis.

Its not going to be the first time you have done this, and im sure it wont be the last, and you are entitled to whatever opinion you have, but personal dislikes or whatever seems to be your agenda, which shows you kinda bloke you are, and also the fact your football knowledge could be written on the back of a fag packet and you hand pick people out on a regular basis, seems a bit odd its always the same 2-3 players you bitch about, which is fine by the way, the irritaing part is you have no fucking clue what your on about and just talk pish about the game.

Maybe with such a big ego and gob you should give Dick a call and maybe get yourself a game.

Get him telt Mrs Donnelly.

6 minutes ago, coppola said:

I was watching through the haze of a few pints but have to assume Clark has rolled it forward slightly. The Arbroath players all reacted straight away, could clearly hear them shouting for offside when it came back to Stanton.

Yeah fair enough, happened at my side a couple of times and it worked fine. I think it's a good tactic because it brings 2 defenders away from the box