Arbroath vs United

3 hours ago, Dele said:

Most had to travel a shorter distance than they do to get to Tannadice, tbf.

2 hours ago, Dele said:

I think you do know why that is and you're just - once again - trying to derail the thread into an inane argument with things nothing to do with football. 

Textbook Danger. 

Oh the irony.

Would rather have a striker like Donnelly who can get the best out of bobby with his link play than one who’ll score a few more but not contribute to the team tbh

That’s a fair point, I guess what I’m describing in the striker I desire is all of the positives with none of the negatives.

If we could get a loan in that had the same impact we got from Lee Erwin that’d be fantastic but every team out there is looking for the same perfect striker.

That’s a fair point, I guess what I’m describing in the striker I desire is all of the positives with none of the negatives.

If we could get a loan in that had the same impact we got from Lee Erwin that’d be fantastic but every team out there is looking for the same perfect striker.

Agreed. Would think we are in a decent bargaining position for a few loans in January, don’t think either of the Hibs boys were on the bench yesterday so imagine they’ll be getting the punt. Had heard in the summer we struggled to get loanees in because premiership teams preferred their players going to full time teams, not sure how true that was though. Ideally we could get someone who’s a combination of McKenna’s athleticism and energy, and LD’s touch and vision.

On 13/12/2019 at 19:46, Dundee Hibernian said:

I don't want to unnecessarily bring election chat into a football forum, but do you know yesterday's result may mean the European Commission ruling on your smokies having to originate in the town could be quashed, meaning Arbroath will no longer have exclusive production status?

That could be right,but the advertising slogan "Hung for a week,in a shed  foo 'o' reek" is under copywrite control.Unfortunate that we dont have a monument like the one for Wallaces pies at Stirling.

Just take a minute to reflect how far Arbroath fc have come under DC, the last time we were any kind of opposition to United they still played in black and white and Jerry Kerr was their manager,  i think i was at a Tannadice when we won 4/ 2...circa 1970?... however Dundee  Fc ,were " sleeping giants "  at that time too ,49 years later,  yawn, Billy Steel,  yawn, Alan Gilzean, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzsakes its £24 to get in to buy into that myth.

11 hours ago, Dele said:

I think you do know why that is and you're just - once again - trying to derail the thread into an inane argument with things nothing to do with football. 

Textbook Danger. 

It’s quite clear you’re the one instigating this nonsense. It’s clear Dundee fans are full of rage and anger because you’re clearly the wee team in the city.

8 hours ago, kdyteejay said:

It’s quite clear you’re the one instigating this nonsense. It’s clear Dundee fans are full of rage and anger because you’re clearly the wee team in the city.

^^^ Another Dundee United poster always wanting to talk about Dundee.

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Having just thawed out after Saturday I have developed a grudging respect for the Arbroath fans who attend Gayfield on a regular basis during the winter period.

Real dedication.

Cheers mate 🇱🇻 All the best for the rest of the season