Arbroath vs United

How come everytime we get beat you have a pop at Donnelly?
Seems more of a personal thing to me, if you look at your comments, your constantly on at him, you sit there and say nothing when goals are going in, i dont think you have the brain power or football knowledge to realise playing with one upfront and playing it to someones head ( bare in mind its hard to control or pass a ball with your head ) that you expect anyone to be banging goals in left right and centre. With all due respect i dont think you will ever have any striker playing that kinda game being prolific, but Donnelly has done a great job yet you want him dropped for not scoring in the last 5. 
Who you replacing him with? 
Bit of positivity is always welcome, not whining like a little bitch constantly about a specific player, especially when you dont have the brain cells to appreciate the overall play or the job that player does for the team. Hes being played up top whilst hes a midfielder as hes about the only one who can do any kind of job doing that graveyard shift.
Dick doesnt want to play with 2 up top he has stated that publically and its always going to be a case of hit and hope and dig out results, now you will argue that Dicks a genius for such tactics as he will likely grind out some results and keep us in the league, yet you want to slaughter players specifically.
We dont have the same strength as other teams in the league and need to do something so we dont get battered on a weekly basis.
Its not going to be the first time you have done this, and im sure it wont be the last, and you are entitled to whatever opinion you have, but personal dislikes or whatever seems to be your agenda, which shows you kinda bloke you are, and also the fact your football knowledge could be written on the back of a fag packet and you hand pick people out on a regular basis, seems a bit odd its always the same 2-3 players you bitch about, which is fine by the way, the irritaing part is you have no fucking clue what your on about and just talk pish about the game.
Maybe with such a big ego and gob you should give Dick a call and maybe get yourself a game.

Well said mate

Big LD been superb this season

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Well said mate

Big LD been superb this season

The big mans been bursting his chops up there, giving it 100% which we can start to see, couple of games and people are slamming him is annoying, even big Shankland can have a quiet game at times, fairly easy to mark these guys out of a game when your up top on your own against 4 defenders :D

Dear o dear lichteee I have prob been supporting Arbroath longer than you have been born . Such an immature post reflects your age or lack of intelligence. Why be personal when that’s my opinion about Donnelly and also iam not alone in that but hey couldn’t really give a f..k what you think. Thank you and sleep tight

26 minutes ago, Mexico said:

If we think Luke Donnelly has been superb then it just shows big a problem we have.

He’s been alright in a few games, that’s about it really. We don’t have anyone we can rely on up there.

What problem do we have? Enlighten me?

Donnelly and Mckenna are doing well for me, I don’t see a ready made replacement out there for free. Yes a Shankland, nisbet or dobbie would be great for us but not going to happen. I think it’s up to the manager to move spence and Doris on and try and do a bit wheeling and dealing in January so we have a genuine challenge to the jersey for Luke and Michael. 

We were good today agin, actually don’t think 2 points out the last 3 games have been fair to us which shows how far we’ve come.

7 minutes ago, gone fishing said:

Dear o dear lichteee I have prob been supporting Arbroath longer than you have been born . Such an immature post reflects your age or lack of intelligence. Why be personal when that’s my opinion about Donnelly and also iam not alone in that but hey couldn’t really give a f..k what you think. Thank you and sleep tight

Haha the whole dear o dear passive agressive good night may work for most.

anyone who can read can see i said opinions are all good and welcome.

you make assumptions on my age, intellegence and so on, clearly a man who makes assumptions.

heres mine, you are a sad pathetic old man, single of course and not a lot going on in life with nothing better to do than chip in with snide comments on a team he allegedly supports.

a loser to the extreme where you wont sleep tight and the fact ive called you out as a pathetic sad old man who has a one track opinion and little to no knowledge of the game this will annoy the life out of you and you do care about what others think. Thats why your on here bashing others as your insecure about yourself.

smile old boy it might never happen

you sleep well 😂🤣

First, need to applause the Arabs for a great away support, double and a half more than yer neighbours last week, now a deflect goal all that was between teams, I hate the wind, I’m already looking forward to our next visit to yer ground. Btw, when you go up you’ve got two jobs to do, pummel the **** and halt Celtics progress (do the ****).

1 hour ago, Lichteeeeee said:

How come everytime we get beat you have a pop at Donnelly?

Seems more of a personal thing to me, if you look at your comments, your constantly on at him, you sit there and say nothing when goals are going in, i dont think you have the brain power or football knowledge to realise playing with one upfront and playing it to someones head ( bare in mind its hard to control or pass a ball with your head ) that you expect anyone to be banging goals in left right and centre. With all due respect i dont think you will ever have any striker playing that kinda game being prolific, but Donnelly has done a great job yet you want him dropped for not scoring in the last 5. 

What is his goals ratio per game? Pretty poor for a forward who plays in a strikers role.

It's not personal, but I just don't think that he is a Championship level player. At the moment we don't have an out and out striker and when Mikey McKenna is asked to do that he does a better job of it than Donnelly. We really need to get someone who can score regularly from central striking position in, hopefully in the January transfer window.

Having said that, what quality striker at Championship level would be willing to come to a part time club? So getting one may not be possible, but if Donnelly is to keep his place in the team it would be better to play him in a position he is more suited to instead of up front on his own. Then, if he gets more involved in games I'd be happy to change my opinion of him

But as it is he just isn't up to the role he is being asked to play up front. Not at this level anyway. But that's just my opinion. Don't expect everyone to agree with them.

But thanks for your opinions, personal as they are and basing them on having no actual knowledge of me (or my ego). 

Edited by SotesBornalichtie

Not sure the back 3 really suited us today. I take it Gold is injured as would be a strange one for him not to feature. The triple substitution was baffling to me with all the width removed from the team and Linn always capable of having a magic moment. A very good performance overall somewhat spoiled a bit by the wind. Miko had a great game and I think he could easily be playing in a Premier league team no problem and Whatley seems to be everywhere on the park. We are missing a clinical finisher but not sure what the answer is to be honest as they don't tend to be lying around in January. That was a blatent dive for the penalty on first reaction but I will wait to see it again to confirm. Some tough games coming up but we can mix it with anyone in this league.

21 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Not as comfortable as it could have been today but when was the last time we won 8 in a row? 

Ayr and the Fun at home next as we go for 10 (ten).

Is there a statistician in our ranks who can answer this?

21 minutes ago, SotesBornalichtie said:

What is his goals ratio per game? Pretty poor for a forward who plays in a strikers role.

It's not personal, but I just don't think that he is a Championship level player. At the moment we don't have an out and out striker and when Mikey McKenna is asked to do that he does a better job of it than Donnelly. We really need to get someone who can score regularly from central striking position in, hopefully in the January transfer window.

Having said that, what quality striker at Championship level would be willing to come to a part time club? So getting one may not be possible, but if Donnelly is to keep his place in the team it would be better to play him in a position he is more suited to instead of up front on his own. Then, if he gets more involved in games I'd be happy to change my opinion of him

But as it is he just isn't up to the role he is being asked to play up front. Not at this level anyway. But that's just my opinion. Don't expect everyone to agree with them.

But thanks for your opinions, personal as they are and basing them on having no actual knowledge of me (or my ego). 

Ahh so you use two accounts on here?

Opinions are always part of the game and we all pay our money to follow and watch the team and have an opinion.

Goals to games ratio is as high as any other striker in the team, noone is saying anyone is a championship standard player or not the crux of the team is in the same boat. 

its just weird when donnelly was scoring the gone fishing account goes very quiet, when games are not won the same player kops the abuse.

but each to their own ill just stick my 2p worth in too.

4 minutes ago, Lichteeeeee said:

Ahh so you use two accounts on here?

Sad to say you are wrong I'm afraid.  No reason why I would have 2 accounts. But if someone else has similar views to mine, so be it, just as others have similar views to you. 

But you really should avoid jumping to conclusions without factual basis. 

3 minutes ago, SotesBornalichtie said:

Sad to say you are wrong I'm afraid.  No reason why I would have 2 accounts. But if someone else has similar views to mine, so be it, just as others have similar views to you. 

But you really should avoid jumping to conclusions without factual basis. 

Bit hard to pull facts up on strangers on a forum.

but the fact you thanks me for my opinions personal or not at the end of the post is what made me jump to that conclusion. Given i was speaking to the “ gone fishing “ account and you thanked me for those opinions theres not really any other conclusion i can jump to.

but gone fishing was the one making assumptions and now your telling me what i should or shouldnt do.

real bossy bunch you two eh

its a forum where you can say as you please but telling people what they shoilr or shouldnt do does make you both sound two of a kind.

enjoy your saturday night, and thanks for the input, ill sleep a whole lot better tonight having had some of your wise words.

Quick post on my thoughts of today's game. 

Arbroath very unlucky to get nothing from the game. Aside from minute zero to ten, they were the better team. 

Surprised to see others post that the penalty was a dive / undeserved. From my vantage point in the stand, it looked a stonewaller.  Will be interesting to see it on YouTube / TV. 

My first time at Gayfield since 1994 - doubt it's changed at all since then, and all the better for it.