Arbroath vs United

Thought we were the better team but its united that got the goal that matters. No particular standouts but great team performance.

We still have the same problem we did at the start of the season, nobody of real quality up top to put the ball in the back of the net

Thought we were the better team but its united that got the goal that matters. No particular standouts but great team performance.

We still have the same problem we did at the start of the season, nobody of real quality up top to put the ball in the back of the net

Have to say, at the start of the season this was my one concern, were we going to score enough goals

Donnelly has had the longest run in the team regarding our strikers think that’s 5 without scoring.

I’d rather have donnelly than fat Doris or spence who hasn’t scored a league goal for us. Big LD is at least a baller with intelligence and nicks a few goals.

Just now, Alert Mongoose said:

^  ^  ^

Finally thawed out.

My younger son said it was the coldest he’s been at a football match.  My memory’s not good enough to know if I agree.

But it was Baltic.

As an aside I thought I was going to have a very good few from the goal end until about 30 seconds before kick off when a 6’ 6” guy decided to stand right in front of me.

Another good team performance and I thought we deserved a draw against the top team in the league, but since we don't have a penalty box striker we are always going to find it difficult to score. Didn't expect to see us playing with 3 at the back, was it a tactical decision by the manager or was it due to injuries?

United closed our players down so quickly that we hardly had a clear shot at goal and their goal came from a deflected shot that wrong footed Gaston, who then saved a penalty in the second half. It was a harsh decision by the ref to give the penalty and justice was done when Gaston saved it. Other than the penalty decision I though the ref had a good game. Quite unusual given the standards we normally see.

Thought Shankland was about as effective as Luke Donnelly today, both were hardly in the game. United were better than us but not by that much and if we can keep up this standard of performance for the rest of the season we should have no problems staying in this league.

Best for us were the usual suspects, Bobby Linn, Miko Virtanen, Tom O'Brien and Michael McKenna.

Edited by SotesBornalichtie

42 minutes ago, gone fishing said:

Donnelly has had the longest run in the team regarding our strikers think that’s 5 without scoring.

How come everytime we get beat you have a pop at Donnelly?

Seems more of a personal thing to me, if you look at your comments, your constantly on at him, you sit there and say nothing when goals are going in, i dont think you have the brain power or football knowledge to realise playing with one upfront and playing it to someones head ( bare in mind its hard to control or pass a ball with your head ) that you expect anyone to be banging goals in left right and centre. With all due respect i dont think you will ever have any striker playing that kinda game being prolific, but Donnelly has done a great job yet you want him dropped for not scoring in the last 5. 

Who you replacing him with? 

Bit of positivity is always welcome, not whining like a little bitch constantly about a specific player, especially when you dont have the brain cells to appreciate the overall play or the job that player does for the team. Hes being played up top whilst hes a midfielder as hes about the only one who can do any kind of job doing that graveyard shift.

Dick doesnt want to play with 2 up top he has stated that publically and its always going to be a case of hit and hope and dig out results, now you will argue that Dicks a genius for such tactics as he will likely grind out some results and keep us in the league, yet you want to slaughter players specifically.

We dont have the same strength as other teams in the league and need to do something so we dont get battered on a weekly basis.

Its not going to be the first time you have done this, and im sure it wont be the last, and you are entitled to whatever opinion you have, but personal dislikes or whatever seems to be your agenda, which shows you kinda bloke you are, and also the fact your football knowledge could be written on the back of a fag packet and you hand pick people out on a regular basis, seems a bit odd its always the same 2-3 players you bitch about, which is fine by the way, the irritaing part is you have no fucking clue what your on about and just talk pish about the game.

Maybe with such a big ego and gob you should give Dick a call and maybe get yourself a game.