The Giants of Ross County vs The Titans of Kilmarnock

20 minutes ago, Staggie52 said:

Probably a fair result, County looked better in the first half, Killie came back in the second half, but it was never going to be a goal fest. Cautiously optimistic thar we’ve found our line up now. 

Well we haven't. Not until Grivosti replaces Fontaine. 

Great performance from Ross County today, they were clearly up for it and Spence and Co were snaping into tackles from the first whistle. 

Fair play to Killie, it was a very open game both teams went at it and had a real go and there were good saves from both keepers. I just feel County were MORE on top in a ding dong game, delighted with another three points, the lads effort deserved it. 

14 minutes ago, CountyFan said:

Well we haven't. Not until Grivosti replaces Fontaine. 

Sorry, was discounting injuries, but was looking more at full backs and central midfield. There won’t just be eleven players for the rest of the season and I’d have started with Mackay instead of Graham, but what would I know. We also need to see how Erwin develops. In any case, I’m more confident about the season than I was before the Celtic game.

Up to 91st minute, I’d say that was one of the most enjoyable nil nil games I’ve watched and then big Lee sprinkled some fairy dust. A few around me in the West Stand had to eat their words with some of the spiteful shite they spouted when he came on. He’s nowhere near up to speed but think we have an absolute star there. As good as Ross Stewart was, he was nowhere near MotM. Thought big Calum was brilliant and authoritative but just edging him was Sean Kelly. That 70yard cross field pass to Josh had me slevering and his general play was excellent.

Erwin can barely run but he's got one hell of a first touch.

A decent game that looked liked it was heading for a 0-0 until Erwin pounced. County shaded it without ever looking great in front of goal while Kilmarnock alternated between a first half o blootering wild long balls at Brophy in the first half and playing incredibly slow in the second.

I will take six points from two home games with Killie and Hibs with delight!

1 hour ago, humbleheart said:

but just edging him was Sean Kelly. That 70yard cross field pass to Josh had me slevering and his general play was excellent.

I've eaten my words on Sean Kelly this season. He's been consistently solid. 

Guest Moomintroll

We are on a bit of a shite run at the moment but some of our support need to accept reality, we are comfortable in 5th place, potentially 1 or 2 creative or goalscoring signings in January away from building on a strong defensive base & comfortably achieving a top 6 finish. The last 2 years, statistically speaking, were a blip, we are still in a far better place than we have usually been during our long unbroken run in the top division. I always want the best from the team & aspire for European qualification but I will take this over spending most of the season stuck in 11th place anyday.

FWIW Kilmarnock are doing what we usually do, start on fire, dip in the middle, then start picking up results after the break.

You'll easily be top half.

1 hour ago, Moomintroll said:

We are on a bit of a shite run at the moment but some of our support need to accept reality, we are comfortable in 5th place, potentially 1 or 2 creative or goalscoring signings in January away from building on a strong defensive base & comfortably achieving a top 6 finish. The last 2 years, statistically speaking, were a blip, we are still in a far better place than we have usually been during our long unbroken run in the top division. I always want the best from the team & aspire for European qualification but I will take this over spending most of the season stuck in 11th place anyday.

Can you take this rubbing to kickback please? We are absolutely not comfortable in 5th place - and just because we used to be shite is no excuse for the gigantic missed opportunity that this season is.

Guest Moomintroll
Can you take this rubbing to kickback please? We are absolutely not comfortable in 5th place - and just because we used to be shite is no excuse for the gigantic missed opportunity that this season is.
I get that but I am still in glass half full mode at the moment, if we don't get a couple of creative/attacking players in through January & get rid of huddies like St Clair, Sow & Jackson then my pitchfork is well & truly sharpened. This season really could go either way at the moment but I am thankful we aren't down in Hertz territory.

18 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
45 minutes ago, Estragon said:

I get that but I am still in glass half full mode at the moment, if we don't get a couple of creative/attacking players in through January & get rid of huddies like St Clair, Sow & Jackson then my pitchfork is well & truly sharpened. This season really could go either way at the moment but I am thankful we aren't down in Hertz territory.

Oh come on, Hearts are the worst team in the league. You're happy we're not as bad as them?!

Last season we were the best of a group of ten teams, each of which (with one exception) has deteriorated and despite that we're absolutely nowhere. It's ok to be fucking totally scunnered at this without being dismissed as a triumph of lost perspective.