Airdrie Diamonds vs. Peters Head Blues.

Just now, Diamonds are Forever said:

Crighton is definitely being fouled, the guy has his arms wrapped round him for a good few seconds. 

However it's one of those ones that every now and then gets given by a referee, but then you'll go weeks and weeks of watching similar fouls in the box and never being given.

Counted about 5 fouls at that one corner.  The ref choose to give one but a booking was OTT.

15 hours ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Glad to see your a capital chap and with global warming and rising sea levels, we might be glad to be amongst the highest grounds above them. I do like floodlit Saturdays but it was a wee bit too much water today. It was quite funny to see McCann take out the corner flag and then have the Ref explain to him later on the reason. I remember Scott McKenna kicking the corner flag once at Firhill-that metal pole today poses a real problem. If divine intervention helped today then this agnostic might think again,

This is true lol 

40 minutes ago, strichener said:

Counted about 5 fouls at that one corner.  The ref choose to give one but a booking was OTT.

It is something Jason needs to learn to avoid getting involved in especially in the box as you cannot rely on consistency from any ref in the league, a card was ott. Noticed yesterday that the old fashioned shoulder charge is surely allowed again whether the ball in anywhere near or not, nearly cost us a goal late on when our player was taken out happened a few times.

4 hours ago, peternapper said:

It is something Jason needs to learn to avoid getting involved in especially in the box as you cannot rely on consistency from any ref in the league, a card was ott. Noticed yesterday that the old fashioned shoulder charge is surely allowed again whether the ball in anywhere near or not, nearly cost us a goal late on when our player was taken out happened a few times.

It happened quite a few times both ways yesterday.  I put it down to the ref letting players scrap a bit.  Both crighton and McAllister were quite physical so if he let's it go at one end he has to let it at the other.   The only thing was gallacher didn't really try to out muscle his man.  Probably because he was offside everytime we tried to play the ball up to him. 

8 hours ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:
23 hours ago, Chapelhall chap said:
I thought it was Millar and the bar especially as I have never seen him score!  Hot water bottle and now warm feet! 

Think you may be right, club match review has it as Millar, I'll watch the highlights soon.

Highlights confirm for me it was Millar so my eyesight is not so bad/ The penalty is also clearly for holding on so that Crighton's jump is impeded. The yellow card is now almost mandatory when no attempt has been made to make a genuine challenge. It was right in the line of vision of the Ref. If McInally is blaming the pitch , I find it hard to agree as Peterhead actually played better passing moves than we did.  The Gallagher shoulder dunt is one that any strong CB should cope with and indeed he was offside a lot, but who can complain,  when he scores yet again. 

1 hour ago, Diamond Oracle said:

Our pitch isn’t brilliant by any means, but I don’t think I’ve heard too many complaints about it over the years?

Its a bit odd with plastic pitches you would think they should all be the same depending on age etc, for some reason they all seem to have their own idiosyncrasies on Saturday later on the ball seemed to bounce up now and then rather than roll over the surface, at Forfar a few weeks back the pitch seemed to ice up during the game which was not good. Anyway with 7 out of 10 plastic pitches in this league we should know what to expect.

2 hours ago, peternapper said:

Its a bit odd with plastic pitches you would think they should all be the same depending on age etc, for some reason they all seem to have their own idiosyncrasies on Saturday later on the ball seemed to bounce up now and then rather than roll over the surface, at Forfar a few weeks back the pitch seemed to ice up during the game which was not good. Anyway with 7 out of 10 plastic pitches in this league we should know what to expect.

It totally depends how wet it is. It's better when there is moisture on it as the bounce is more consistent and it's a lot quicker. When it's dry it's slow, bobbly and the bounce is weird.

Agree with the comment above that Peterhead passed the ball a lot better than us, so if it affected anyone it was us and not Peterhead. Also, our far superior record away from home shows that there is no advantage to us playing on it. Over the years I've actually felt it's a disadvantage as it generally suits teams who pass the ball which, most of the time, hasn't been us.

Edited by Diamonds are Forever