Airdrie Diamonds vs. Peters Head Blues.

16 hours ago, stuartcraig said:

What kind of deviant eats cakes at a football match?

Nothing sweet will ever pass my lips at Brookfield, with the possible exception of a bar of macaroon or a Wagon Wheel.

Hahaha, this kind of deviant right here. 

Granted, it'll be the first time, but there are very few situations I can think of that would not be improved by some cake. 

5 hours ago, Blue-Toon said:

Airdrie supporters are so charming.

It's just a bit of wind up banter from these posters but I don't identify Peterhead in this way-after al the legend that is Andy Smith came to us from playing with Peterhead. Indeed much our pre season stuff was for many years in that area and the welcome was friendly. I do associate the town with the fishing industry (and oil and gas) which made me smile a few years ago when Michael Gove described it as  Peterburgh and Fraserhead,. I still hope we win .

23 minutes ago, peternapper said:

Do Airdrie publish programmes still, quite a few clubs don't bother now & have been asked to get some if you do them for somebody that cant make the game.

Yes they do, On sale for £2.00 and there is an eager guy who pounces on the punters before they reach the main stand. Lots of sellers inside as well. The club shop also has them I think. Good quality colour and articles. £ 2.00 for parking in the away and home ends and lots of spaces!

24 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Yes they do, On sale for £2.00 and there is an eager guy who pounces on the punters before they reach the main stand. Lots of sellers inside as well. The club shop also has them I think. Good quality colour and articles. £ 2.00 for parking in the away and home ends and lots of spaces!

Cheers was asked to get some for a guy that normally goes but there is a Xmas bash on at Balmoor on Sat night so could be a few of our regulars missing as doing both not an option. A good set up at Airdrie with the lounge at the ground fine. Our programme is now done online but is free to all as was deemed uneconomic to produce a option in print.

29 minutes ago, peternapper said:

Cheers was asked to get some for a guy that normally goes but there is a Xmas bash on at Balmoor on Sat night so could be a few of our regulars missing as doing both not an option. A good set up at Airdrie with the lounge at the ground fine. Our programme is now done online but is free to all as was deemed uneconomic to produce a option in print.

Don't want to start rumours still I herd that god is so impressed by the facilities and the warm hearted fans he is an Airdrie fan 

31 minutes ago, peternapper said:

Yes I read it online before our last visit. It is a long trip indeed so hope your regulars enjoy their night out. I am sure  a drink in the lounge will go down nicely . 

3 minutes ago, Eric the half a b said:

Don't want to start rumours still I herd that god is so impressed by the facilities and the warm hearted fans he is an Airdrie fan 

Eric. You will need to capitalise "God" to really impress "Him" . Let's hope as Dylan sang ( vocalised) that "God's on our side" on Saturday!

3 hours ago, cb_diamond said:

Good start!

We have had a few this season and we did end up with three points. It's quite a significant win as we now have the most wins in L1 ; that would have surprised many of us 2 months ago, We have lost more than the others in the top 4 but wins are way better than draws. Back to sharing top spot only GD keeping Raith ahead. Clyde got thumped by Montrose who must be the form team but thankfully we visit Broadwood next week,

The game itself was affected by the windy conditions and we did seem to toil to get any passing moves going. It was just our first touch in the middle that stopped us getting a real grip. Despite that we did have the best shots and Millar was unlucky when his lob hit the bar, It was good to see both Gallagher and Carrick get goals- two in double figures already- but I was a bit tense having given away that stupid goal just seconds before half time.As a form team, Peterhead did build up better and McCallister was his usual physical handful but our CBs stood up well. Their close free kicks in the second half did keep me on edge.  Peterhead certainly had more possession after that, and I would have liked a third. Gallagher just kept on the edge of onside most of the time and we should have scored when he muscled his way through. It was a pleasing when the Ref blew for time up. There were lots of howls at some of his decisions over "shoving" but he made the crucial one in awarding that penalty. No one complained even if I never spotted the foul. Good to see Carrick score. 

I thought Roberts was not quite fit today when he was benched so it was good to see he kept battling away. McCann was top notch but it was hardly flowing football today and it was a "good end! . The ex Diamonds on show were largely unseen by me and for once I did not need to moan at Conroy  Peterhead do look likely to pose problems for other teams and must be happy the bottom two did not close on them.On to Broadwood for more fun.

Pretty poor game today, never really managed to get the ball down and play as we can.

1st goal given to Gallacher looked to me like an OG off the post and then the keepers back.

Penalty I didn't see what happened and really don't think anyone was claiming but the ref must have seen holding or such like to give it.

McDonald was very unfortunate with his shot off the bar and then us losing right on half time made for a nervy second half.

Ref was poor, despite giving us the penalty, seemed happy to penalise us for wee nudges but not so much when Peterhead were at the same thing. McAllister is really good at these nudges and has always managed to get away with them so has clearly been teaching his teammates.

Brown I think who got the yellow for Peterhead was fortunate that it wasn't last weeks ref who would've shown a red for it.

Pleased with the points and the Falkirk Raith draw was probably the best result allowing us to draw level with Raith yet move further away from Falkirk.

17 minutes ago, Eric the half a b said:

God was on our side today only thing was he forgot to turn the water of .... I think he wants summer football 

Glad to see your a capital chap and with global warming and rising sea levels, we might be glad to be amongst the highest grounds above them. I do like floodlit Saturdays but it was a wee bit too much water today. It was quite funny to see McCann take out the corner flag and then have the Ref explain to him later on the reason. I remember Scott McKenna kicking the corner flag once at Firhill-that metal pole today poses a real problem. If divine intervention helped today then this agnostic might think again,

Best get the important things out of the way first, tried one of your Scotch Pies & it was pretty good, your staff are certainly better than the Grinch at Forfar 😛. Arrived in good time & spent around 10 minutes speaking to the auld guy at the car park gate, had a bit of banter with a programme seller & a steward before going into the game. That's when things started going wrong, we had not worked up a sweat & found ourselves one down, it seemed like delayed action as after a scramble on the goal line play carried on briefly & the ref then pointed to the centre spot giving a goal, don't know if it was his decision as he did not do it right away & never saw the linesman raise his flag for it either, don't know if it was clear cut or not cant say I could tell either way. The penalty seemed to catch everyone unawares as well, presume it was given for holding but nobody seemed to have seen it. A glimmer of hope scoring just before the break but that was probably all we deserved really. It was a bit like the Forfar game when we did not really have any player worth more than 6/10. Thought we needed to get  either Armour on wide to give some pace or the Bulgarian youngster that we have not seen yet the subs used did not change things & think we need to look for somebody to help Rory out as he has a thankless task just now. It could have been worse but disappointed we did not push Airdrie harder. 

1 hour ago, peternapper said:

Best get the important things out of the way first, tried one of your Scotch Pies & it was pretty good, your staff are certainly better than the Grinch at Forfar 😛. Arrived in good time & spent around 10 minutes speaking to the auld guy at the car park gate, had a bit of banter with a programme seller & a steward before going into the game. That's when things started going wrong, we had not worked up a sweat & found ourselves one down, it seemed like delayed action as after a scramble on the goal line play carried on briefly & the ref then pointed to the centre spot giving a goal, don't know if it was his decision as he did not do it right away & never saw the linesman raise his flag for it either, don't know if it was clear cut or not cant say I could tell either way. The penalty seemed to catch everyone unawares as well, presume it was given for holding but nobody seemed to have seen it. A glimmer of hope scoring just before the break but that was probably all we deserved really. It was a bit like the Forfar game when we did not really have any player worth more than 6/10. Thought we needed to get  either Armour on wide to give some pace or the Bulgarian youngster that we have not seen yet the subs used did not change things & think we need to look for somebody to help Rory out as he has a thankless task just now. It could have been worse but disappointed we did not push Airdrie harder. 

Glad you got back home on a dreich day. The Scotch pie is from a local baker and the quiet end you were at, makes it easier to get served. I often wonder about the kid on segregation barrier on days like this but heh hoh. I also got a Xmas card from "the auld guy" as I am also the same demographic. Glad you got your programmes and I still have to read mine. We have scored early recently and I think it was over the line as soon as the lino headed to the centre spot-they don't have to raise a flag but it might help. You're right about the penalty being a surprise to us fans, and highlights will show if the Ref did indeed see holding. Your goal was also a case of the lino heading to the centre spot, so three officials doing their job-who would believe it!  Obviously I don't know your subs etc but I think you did push us quite a bit, thankfully not enough. Look forward to our next Balmoor visit- the chips were very good