St Mirren vs Livingston, 14/12/19 15:00

Yeah it really is frustrating seeing us 2 goals up against St Johnstone, Hibs, St Mirren, and even the equaliser in the1-1 against Hearts came in the 88th min for them. But it's happening too often for us to think we should be better than we are.
No, I agree. We are where we deserve to be in the league and clearly there is a problem with our ability to defend a lead away from home. It's not just a case of bad luck on multiple occasions. However, you can't help but think about "what could have been" when you look at our away form.

6 minutes ago, hoobahabba said:

No, I agree. We are where we deserve to be in the league and clearly there is a problem with our ability to defend a lead away from home. It's not just a case of bad luck on multiple occasions. However, you can't help but think about "what could have been" when you look at our away form.

In terms of the "Home/Away" table, you're higher up in the Away table (6th), than the Home (8th). 

Averaging less than a goal a game at home.

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

In terms of the "Home/Away" table, you're higher up in the Away table (6th), than the Home (8th). 

What I'm trying to say is that all the occasions on which we've thrown away a lead have been away from home. I'm not claiming that we have a poor away record in relation to other teams. Just the way that the games have panned out on the road leads you to think about how much further up we'd be in the league if we'd managed to hold on in certain matches. Mainly St Johnstone, Hibs, Hearts and St Mirren. We picked up four draws in these games and, on the face of it, you'd say that's not bad going for a club like Livingston. However, the overriding feeling coming away from each has been frustration and the sense of two points lost, rather than a point gained. 

McMillan must have an injury that he's being nursed through, given how well he performed earlier in the season at left-back. 

Very frustrating that clownshoes substitutions are costing us a place in the top 6. We should have so many more points on the board.

4 hours ago, hoobahabba said:
11 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:
Yeah it really is frustrating seeing us 2 goals up against St Johnstone, Hibs, St Mirren, and even the equaliser in the1-1 against Hearts came in the 88th min for them. But it's happening too often for us to think we should be better than we are.

Yeah it is really frustrating at the time, the St Johnstone and Hibs games were the worst, we had a penalty in ET to grab all 3 points after being pegged back from a HT 2-0 lead, and  missed it. Against Hibs, even with the dodgy pen with Allan dropping to his knees inside our box giving them an undeserved foothole into the game, we were into ET when we conceded the equaliser, getting caught flat footed by a ball over the top of our defence. But I dare say every team in the league has games where they think what if, and results that could've been better had they just been able to...………………………….. .

The second St Mirren got their 2nd goal I doubt any Livi fan thought we'd hold out for the 3 points, we'd all have been hoping we'd get a 4th goal, thinking it was our only chance of getting the win. We really need to be 3 goals up in games before any of us can relax.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

The other team must have really shit away forms.:lol:

That table just shows that there are seven teams that have better home forms than us, and surprisingly six with worse away forms than us.

Seriously though, we've played ten away games and eight home ones, and most of our points have come from the home games, with our only away win being Ross County. 7 points from ten away games and 12 points from eight home game, so our home form is def better than our away form.

Every team can claim where they would be if they had not dropped stupid points. I am sick of the number of 1 goal defeats we have had this season that we should have a least taken a point from. But they were defeats. Shit happens. We are all where we are.

2 hours ago, NorthBank said:

Every team can claim where they would be if they had not dropped stupid points. I am sick of the number of 1 goal defeats we have had this season that we should have a least taken a point from. But they were defeats. Shit happens. We are all where we are.

Yep that's what I said. Bet you would be a lot sicker with 4 or 5 of your games ending in draws after you had a 2 goal lead though.;)

Thought Tony Andreu coming on the park yesterday was the turning point. Looked a bit more threatening going forward when he started playing wee 1-2s and running off Obika looking for knockdowns .

It was his  shot that hits Obika for the second goal and busts a gut to get the ball ahead of the defender to then put it back across the box for the 3rd as well. 

Seems to be better off the bench for us than he does when he starts games. 

17 minutes ago, crispy said:

Not that it matters now but was Obika definitely on side for that 2nd goal? Not suggesting it was a pass to him but certainly interfering with play. It was Dykes mistake that put St Mirren in their so cant really complain.

Yep Scotty P was behind him when it was hit.

Watched the sportscene highlights, at least our attack is looking good, nice finishes by Souda, Guthrie could've had 2 and Dykes had a decent header saved, added to the 3 last week our goals has really picked up. Wasn't that long ago we were struggling to score.

Obika is a strong lad, reminds me of Dolly the way he bullied defenders and his strength to hold off players.

Thought Tony Andreu coming on the park yesterday was the turning point. Looked a bit more threatening going forward when he started playing wee 1-2s and running off Obika looking for knockdowns .
It was his  shot that hits Obika for the second goal and busts a gut to get the ball ahead of the defender to then put it back across the box for the 3rd as well. 
Seems to be better off the bench for us than he does when he starts games. 
Really no starting place for Andreu now in my opinion. Supposedly an attacking midfielder. Earlier in the season he was playing off a striker but played too deep and did not work nearly hard enough. If we play two up top then he is probably now fourth or fifth choice.

He was decent when he came on on Saturday but the last few games he looked like he couldn't be arsed. An impact sub is the only way I would use him bar injuries.

6 hours ago, NorthBank said:

Really no starting place for Andreu now in my opinion. Supposedly an attacking midfielder. Earlier in the season he was playing off a striker but played too deep and did not work nearly hard enough. If we play two up top then he is probably now fourth or fifth choice.

He was decent when he came on on Saturday but the last few games he looked like he couldn't be arsed. An impact sub is the only way I would use him bar injuries.

Yeah I agree 

9 hours ago, NorthBank said:

Starting to think the same of McAllister. Lot of talent there but really ineffectual if you compare him with Durmas at the moment. 

13 minutes ago, flyingscot said:

Starting to think the same of McAllister. Lot of talent there but really ineffectual if you compare him with Durmas at the moment. 

As we seem to be playing 4-4-2 at the moment, and it's going ok, my priorities for January would actually be another wide player and a defender.

Not sure we need another striker; I'm happy with the four we have and I think they'll score if our midfield can settle and start creating.

2 hours ago, flyingscot said:

McAllister has been very poor the last couple of games. Terrible work rate and shirks out of tackles to avoid injury. I would play Morias wide right as the guy looks a far better player when he has space around him. Been excellent the last two games when he moved out wide to replace McAllister.

2 hours ago, NorthBank said:

McAllister has been very poor the last couple of games. Terrible work rate and shirks out of tackles to avoid injury. I would play Morias wide right as the guy looks a far better player when he has space around him. Been excellent the last two games when he moved out wide to replace McAllister.

Sad to say, but in relation to McAllister I completely agree with this.

I'd go further though ans say his attitude just hasn't been right for the whole season.

Summed up for me in the 'challenge' which gave away the foul from which Livvy scored their second.

On our defence, yeah, we've been very unlucky with injury, but shows how little cover we have in that area.

Assuming we don't get those players back in the next 2 weeks, any points between now and when we resume after the winter break will be a bonus.