St Mirren vs Livingston, 14/12/19 15:00

Shocking goals to give away for both sides but really pleased at Saints for getting back in the game and not letting their heads go down.

With Morias and Obika starting to get goals, we finally look a threat upfront.........just need some fit defenders now!

Would’ve taken a point before the game but f**k me. 

Yet again we have thrown away a 2 goal lead, we could’ve been safe by Christmas if we had won the games we should’ve won this season. 

We absolutely shit ourselves every time we go ahead and it was absolutely no surprise when St Mirren got a 2nd that the game was ending up a draw. 

We looked absolutely petrified all day in defence, the first goal probably the worst out the lot, just put the fucking ball out of play. 

Extremely frustrating afternoon yet again, big game next week. 

The conditions played a massive part today, all the goals were really quite soft. Livi recognised much earlier than us that the weather made the bounce of the ball difficult and mistakes inevitable so getting the ball forward and making it happen in the opposition half was smarter than trying to play any type of football. I'm maybe being harsh, but I think 5 of the 6 goals came from defensive errors and not being able to clear your lines effectively (the other being a free header from 6 yards, which is just as bad).

Still, can't complain too much to take a point from 3-1 down. Just think if we'd adapted a bit quicker and had got the ball forward with a bit more urgency earlier on we could have taken all 3.

23 minutes ago, Silvio said:

All 6 goals were absolutely avoidable. Mistakes all over the place due to conditions but got to be happy with a point after 3-1 down.

Need to pick up something next week to keep the momentum going. 

Need some natural defenders.  

That's a very good point considering we were 3-1 down with a threadbare defence, that was some Tom Hendrie shit at the end. I thought Magennis was the unsung hero today, he was our only good player in the first half and made some really good interceptions and blocks while the rest of the team was flapping. Morias had a great second half and looked like he was enjoying his role on the right wing after Cooke came on. Obika is inconsistent but he showed real quality to set up the first goal and is getting in the right positions more often. Waters was more physical than usual today and did well in the back three at the end of the game.

Ryan Flynn's a great midfielder but an awful right back, he was all over the place today. I would swap him and Cammy MacPherson around next week, which is probably harsh on Cammy who provided some much needed dig in midfield in Foley's absence. Weird to see Hladky have such an off day. Kyle McAllister isn't offering anything this season, his decision making is rank and he has a bad habit of grinding to a halt when we lose the ball which left Flynn and Glover even more exposed today.

I was really impressed with Souda for Livi and surprised when he went off. Also enjoyed Alan Lithgow's huge grin during the usual pelters when he came over for a shy. 😄

Edited by Gareth_Glasgow

This has got to be one of the most frustrating seasons I've ever witnessed. 

I would have definitely taken a point at the beginning of the game and, to be honest, we didn't play particularly well so it's not a bad outcome in that sense. But, f**k me, we need to learn how to defend a lead. Yes, the conditions made it difficult for both sets of defences today but it's happened too many times this season for that to be the excuse. I love Gary Holt, I love the team, I'm fairly confident that we won't go down this season...but I just can't stop thinking about the points we've dropped. It's so frustrating! Still, that's four games unbeaten and hopefully we take all three points against County next weekend.  I don't think anyone played particularly well for us today, bar Souda. Don't understand why Alan Lithgow came on at half time and wasn't impressed with his contribution. St Mirren have looked decent in both games we've played them this season, despite only taking a point from us. I would back them to stay up. 

2 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

If Aaron taylor-sinclair isn't injured then serious questions need to be asked of Holt's decision to bring on an unfit Lithgow. This team seem to be experts in shitting the bed against teams we should be burying

He was brought on for his long throw since our defence are midgets and players in un natural poistions

1 hour ago, Uncle Scan said:

He was brought on for his long throw since our defence are midgets and players in un natural poistions

Dykes can take long throws so that's not it. I can only imagine ATS took a knock and Holt felt the need to rest him.

A decent point given that we were 3-1 down. Conditions horrendous and nearly all 6 goals are either scrappy or have some shocking defending.

The defensive injuries are really causing us problems. Flynn isn't a RB. McPherson needs to go there if McGinn is out. Good to see the strikers performing however and Morais is good when he's not played up top on his own. Glover struggled but not easy conditions and up against a physical team. We need to keep McLaughlin in January!

1 hour ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Agreed, he's arguably been better at leftback than his natural rightback position

Depends if Lamie moved over to LB for Lithgow, that's usually where Lamie played. If not then McMillan would've been a more suitable replacement for Taylor-Sinclair. 

3 hours ago, hoobahabba said:

This has got to be one of the most frustrating seasons I've ever witnessed. 

I would have definitely taken a point at the beginning of the game and, to be honest, we didn't play particularly well so it's not a bad outcome in that sense. But, f**k me, we need to learn how to defend a lead. Yes, the conditions made it difficult for both sets of defences today but it's happened too many times this season for that to be the excuse. I love Gary Holt, I love the team, I'm fairly confident that we won't go down this season...but I just can't stop thinking about the points we've dropped. It's so frustrating! Still, that's four games unbeaten and hopefully we take all three points against County next weekend.  I don't think anyone played particularly well for us today, bar Souda. Don't understand why Alan Lithgow came on at half time and wasn't impressed with his contribution. St Mirren have looked decent in both games we've played them this season, despite only taking a point from us. I would back them to stay up. 

Yeah it really is frustrating seeing us 2 goals up against St Johnstone, Hibs, St Mirren, and even the equaliser in the1-1 against Hearts came in the 88th min for them. But it's happening too often for us to think we should be better than we are.

10 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Depends if Lamie moved over to LB for Lithgow, that's usually where Lamie played. If not then McMillan would've been a more suitable replacement for Taylor-Sinclair. 

That's what happened as far as I could tell but Lamie is a much better player at centre back than he is at left back. I still would have brought McMillan on for ATS if he was injured.