Jump to content
wellinwigan

The Well v A club from Govan

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, wellinwigan said:

I didn't pal I'm an out of towner I was scholed in the metropolis of Falkirk 

I bet you fitted in well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

If I could get a ticket to a cup final v Rangers with a diddy supporting friend I would.

doesn't really stand up that people hate Rangers more than they like their team though.

Well that depends on the individual but in my opinion it's still a pretty sad thing to do. Someone getting a ticket to sit in the end of a team they don't actually support just so they can cheer said team on against Rangers is very strange behaviour imo, but as I said each to their own.

It doesn't half give some credence to their dafties singing "Yer only here tae see The Rainjurz" mind you. :rolleyes:

I personally prefer to reserve my money and support for the team that I actually follow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went to the Hearts end at the 1987 cup semi-final and cheered St Mirren on, I now seek forgiveness

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rangers have looked very good v Celtic and Young Boys (so far). 

As much as I would like to be ballsy they play like this and we will struggle big time. But then given the respective budgets no real surprise. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I only saw the last twenty minutes but they looked really poor. They couldn’t pass it to each other at all.

Into them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know this is negative as f**k but Severence Company 5088 not on a great run where we are means it's almost certain to be an away win. Feel free to prove me wrong with facts but history shows (in my memory) we only really get results in big games when it's unexpected. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Geedub-MFC said:

I know this is negative as f**k but Severence Company 5088 not on a great run where we are means it's almost certain to be an away win. Feel free to prove me wrong with facts but history shows (in my memory) we only really get results in big games when it's unexpected. 

Correct and indeed our last two(three) wins against them came when they were heavy favourites  and no one was giving us a hope in hell. Before the playoffs we had just had come off of an awful season and had that awful penultimate game at St.Mirren and not only were the media not giving us any chance, you'd have been hard pushed to find a Motherwell fan who wasn't resigned to relegation by this point. In the 2017 League Cup Semi Final we were a bit more confident but they went into the game on good form and it was as good as a home game to them given the crowd and of course you had BT Sports build up which had the Old Firm final as a dead cert by the midweek before the game.

Any time over the past seventeen years that there has been any sort of expectation that we would beat them it's never happened. These types of games have tended to be when we have went into the game on good form whilst they have had some sort of on or off-field crisis and the odd draw apart, we have almost always ended up frustrated and disappointed. God, even some of the draws we've had in that time have been frustrating as f**k - Jim O'Brien's last minute penalty miss, the Forbes (non) offside goal/Reynolds howler 1-1 game, 2-0 up at half time end up 2-2 with Jamie Murphy scoring.

As I said, a draw is the best we can hope for on Sunday but we'll be lucky to get that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nae flegs.
 
I assume this is the fallout from the Bois not being allowed to take a previously approved banner into Fir Park last week when it was deemed too large. Rather than discuss the matter the club/ safety officer has just banned all flags- seems a well-considered approach.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a good laugh to myself on twitter just replying to some **** though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, MJC said:

Correct and indeed our last two(three) wins against them came when they were heavy favourites  and no one was giving us a hope in hell. Before the playoffs we had just had come off of an awful season and had that awful penultimate game at St.Mirren and not only were the media not giving us any chance, you'd have been hard pushed to find a Motherwell fan who wasn't resigned to relegation by this point. In the 2017 League Cup Semi Final we were a bit more confident but they went into the game on good form and it was as good as a home game to them given the crowd and of course you had BT Sports build up which had the Old Firm final as a dead cert by the midweek before the game.

Any time over the past seventeen years that there has been any sort of expectation that we would beat them it's never happened. These types of games have tended to be when we have went into the game on good form whilst they have had some sort of on or off-field crisis and the odd draw apart, we have almost always ended up frustrated and disappointed. God, even some of the draws we've had in that time have been frustrating as f**k - Jim O'Brien's last minute penalty miss, the Forbes (non) offside goal/Reynolds howler 1-1 game, 2-0 up at half time end up 2-2 with Jamie Murphy scoring.

As I said, a draw is the best we can hope for on Sunday but we'll be lucky to get that.

You're trying way too hard there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

You're trying way too hard there. 

This thread does not concern you, go away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MJC said:

This thread does not concern you, go away.

No problem, I’m off. (Just remember not to darken any Motherwell thread in the future)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, kingjoey said:

You're trying way too hard there. 

He posted about twice in their match thread with us, yet posts essays in here 3 times a day, then mocks folk for their obsession with Rangers.

Hes gone full Monkey Tennis. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will MJC be properly raging if Motherwell prove him wrong by winning?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He posted about twice in their match thread with us, yet posts essays in here 3 times a day, then mocks folk for their obsession with Rangers.

Hes gone full Monkey Tennis. 

I didn't realise you anyalysed my post frequency so closely. 

And a Motherwell fan posting regularly in a match thread involving the team he actually supports, and Rangers, is an indicator of obsession with Rangers? It's strange you should pick up on that, yet ignore the several 'neutrals' who are on this thread which doesn't involve their team. The same 'neutrals' that can usually be found on just about every Rangers match thread on here.

14 minutes ago, nsr said:

Will MJC be properly raging if Motherwell prove him wrong by winning?

Believe whatever you want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, MJC said:

I didn't realise you anyalysed my post frequency so closely. 

And a Motherwell fan posting regularly in a match thread involving the team he actually supports, and Rangers, is an indicator of obsession with Rangers?

My point is I literally didn't see you post anything at all in a Motherwell v St Johnstone thread, apart from the pre-match moan about how Motherwell always lose, and then the post-match gloat, yet in a Motherwell v Rangers thread you've posted about five, multi-paragraph, posts. 

Just a curious thing to do, whilst moaning about non-Rangers fans who post more about Rangers than they do about their own club...

But-Thats-None-Of-My-Business.jpg.ebc18f92f763fd858f0871f919b6ea13.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He posted about twice in their match thread with us, yet posts essays in here 3 times a day, then mocks folk for their obsession with Rangers.

Hes gone full Monkey Tennis. 

Never go full monkey tennis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...