The Well v A club from Govan

24 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Managers can be yellow carded, and if a referee saw an incident like this then I would expect a yellow card to be given out.

However, neither players nor managers can be punished with a yellow card after the fact - only during the game. If the referee had missed Morelos' gesture today then the SFA could not have gone back and punished him after the match.

Didnt mcfadden get punished after the game when the ref missed his gesture? 

About five years ago when the SFA were taking a harder line on this stuff. In particularly serious or offensive cases it could still be a red card offence (in which case the SFA could still step in after the fact), but what Morelos did today certainly didn't fall into that category for me. I think it would need to be making a "w****r" gesture or sticking the fingers up or something worse than that.

1 hour ago, TavTastic said:

Another great save from McGregor today. Aging like a fine wine... #McGregor2021

Just as crucial to the team as Alfredo is up the other end.

7 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Morelos is some boy, not only giving it up yas to the Motherwell fans but stealing a punter's cup of coffee with his Jedi powers as part of the celebration and floating it right there. The other Rangers players there are in awe.

Stealing hot beverages, his next SFA ban.

1 minute ago, Andrew Wells said:

Whoever flung the cup should be rewarded with a season ticket for next season.

A fine from the courts and a fitba ban or a season watching Motherwell. 

What would be the biggest deterrent?

1 minute ago, 54_and_counting said:

Or the case of lennon not being banned? 

Lennon wasn't playing as far as I know. It's not equivalent and I don't know the laws about folk on the sideline. I didn't know the laws about players until today when @craigkillie kindly posted them. You can yabber on about Lennon all you like, but it is completely irrelevant when discussing whether that should have been a card today. And it 100% should have been.

36 minutes ago, Well Well said:

the Whataboutery from Gers fans is glorious.

Its great. @54_and_counting mewling about how its unfair Morelos got booked, while theres evidence of other players getting multi-game suspensions for the same offence, takes the biscuit. Literal proof that, if Morelos escapes without further punishment, Rangers get an easier ride than smaller clubs from the authorites, yet he's so utterly obsessed with Celtic he's ranting and raving about Lennon.