The Well v A club from Govan

1 hour ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

I think you will find this thread is full of Gers fans greeting over wee Alfie's latest tantrum.

Motherwell fans unable to deal with a Rangers player scoring a goal. 

Pretty poor stuff.

Far too many players just didn’t do themselves justice today. Only really Gillespie and Gallagher produced anything like the level we required. Felt Long worked tirelessly, his pace and movement continued to cause problems but unfortunately he passed up our two big chances when they came- some save by McGregor mind 2nd half. None of our other creative players were really up to much. 

Another soft opening goal to lose as well. Poor decision making and distribution from Gillespie led to a needless corner. Then Mugabi lost his man at a set piece again just like at Ibrox.

Ultimately these games won’t define our season but it was a very flat performance, lacking in any real quality and riddled with basic errors. 

Edited by Casagolda

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Its great. @54_and_counting mewling about how its unfair Morelos got booked, while theres evidence of other players getting multi-game suspensions for the same offence, takes the biscuit. Literal proof that, if Morelos escapes without further punishment, Rangers get an easier ride than smaller clubs from the authorites, yet he's so utterly obsessed with Celtic he's ranting and raving about Lennon.

Lennon was hibs boss when he committed the offence against us, i havent once mentioned celtic 😂😂

6 hours ago, bennett said:

Morelos stays on the pitch, pumps his fist ( after taking abuse throughout the match) gets pelted by missiles by fans who can dish it out but can't take it back.

Donny runs in and sends him off, if that's the standard then players should be getting sent off in every game.

You do realise that it wasn’t actually a red card for his typical goading celebration. It was the correct yellow card, and, because he already had a yellow, then he was sent off for collecting two yellows in the same match. That doesn’t fit with your agenda though.

2 hours ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

I think you will find this thread is full of Gers fans greeting over wee Alfie's latest tantrum.

Only thing worse than a poor loser is a piss poor winner and the winner of the award goes to the greeting bluenoses. 

The Wee fat fanny is a good goalscorer but his anger management needs addressing. 

The Well fans that threw objects should take a look at themselves but on behalf of Motherwell Fans we will not take any lecturing from Rangers fans on this subject or fan behaviour in general - thanks.

As to the game. We were poor. Too many players were a level of crap we were not expecting. Gallacher a class act and every game I wonder how we managed to entice him to Motherwell. Probably down to his previous history but I wonder if he will be with us for long. Gillespie was his usual solid self when making crucial saves and his usual indifferent self when it comes to distribution. I like Long he bursts a gut and is a decent player for Motherwell. Scott also when he came on showed more in 10 minutes than many did all game. Seedorf came on - why I ask ? If he ever wins a 50/50 challenge I will nail my bollox to the flagpole. Hell if he ever wins a challenge 80/20 in his favour I will do same. 

We move on and hopefully pick up enough points to in next 3 games to maintain gap between us and Hibs / Killie. 

19 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

You do realise that it wasn’t actually a red card for his typical goading celebration. It was the correct yellow card, and, because he already had a yellow, then he was sent off for collecting two yellows in the same match. That doesn’t fit with your agenda though.

Everything I said was correct.

It was a fist pump after scoring, to call that goading is insane. 

8 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Seedorf came on - why I ask ? If he ever wins a 50/50 challenge I will nail my bollox to the flagpole. Hell if he ever wins a challenge 80/20 in his favour I will do same. 

I thought it was the wrong sub at the wrong time. 

Not for the first time, Robinson’s decision to simply chuck on as many attacking players as possible when chasing the game backfired. 

At that point, we were still in it and just starting to get some joy with Scott making an impact. Effectively going 424 with half an hour to go was kamikaze stuff and we were picked off for the 2nd before Seedorf even touched the ball. 

Guest Moomintroll
Benny, gies peace, it was a GIRUY all the way, the Motherwell fans who threw stuff at him need banned but it was an utterly stupid thing to do & he deservedly got a second caution for it. He needs to stop that shite & I am sure Slippy will be raging at him for his indiscipline. I think he is a good striker but no one will touch him while he is still behaving that way.

28 minutes ago, Casagolda said:

I thought it was the wrong sub at the wrong time. 

Not for the first time, Robinson’s decision to simply chuck on as many attacking players as possible when chasing the game backfired. 

At that point, we were still in it and just starting to get some joy with Scott making an impact. Effectively going 424 with half an hour to go was kamikaze stuff and we were picked off for the 2nd before Seedorf even touched the ball. 

Agreed. I said at the time we should try O’Hara and shore up midfield a little. Keep us in the game at 1-0. O’Hara also has legs to be a threat. Seedorf has pace but little else and he would not tackle a fish supper. 

Robinson said he will freshen it up a little and I hope he does. I think Gallacher is suspended after his yellow card although he is the last person I would choose to be missing from the team. 

1 hour ago, Moomintroll said:
1 hour ago, bennett said:

Benny, gies peace, it was a GIRUY all the way, the Motherwell fans who threw stuff at him need banned but it was an utterly stupid thing to do & he deservedly got a second caution for it. He needs to stop that shite & I am sure Slippy will be raging at him for his indiscipline. I think he is a good striker but no one will touch him while he is still behaving that way.

A Colombian with very little English isn't going to be running around giving it "giruy", give yourself peace.

It was a fist pump after scoring which he's done after every goal and it's never been a problem till now.

Precious wee motherwell thugs.

14 hours ago, 54_and_counting said:

What whataboutery

According to the SFA this wasn't deemed a rule break, go figure

WV35_Rangers_v_Hibs.jpg

e fact is lennon aimed that gesture

failed to punish lennon,

So managers are free to gesture

Manager gestures to opposing fans

12 hours ago, 54_and_counting said:

Or the case of lennon not being banned? 

9 hours ago, 54_and_counting said:

Lennon was hibs boss when he committed the offence 

This is great.

Lennon is living in you and most **** heads not only rent free but he's getting his gas and electric paid for too.