The Well v A club from Govan

Just now, Dele said:

Which part are you looking for me to simplify for you? 

If Morelos does the exact same celebration in front of the Rangers fans, he remains on the park. 

The fact he went out of his way to go toward the Motherwell fans means it is a yellow card. 

I've said it before and I will say it one last time for you - it isn't an obscene gesture he should be getting sent off for. It's for where he went out of his way (basically doubling back on himself) to celebrate that is. 

So if it's not an obscene gesture, are you claiming anyone who celebrates in front of opposition fans should be booked?

1 minute ago, 54_and_counting said:

So managers are free to gesture to opposing fans because they cannot be yellow carded? 

His point is it's not an offence that gets players suspended, so why should a manager be suspended for it?

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

So if it's not an obscene gesture, are you claiming anyone who celebrates in front of opposition fans should be booked?

Anyone who starts celebrating and then turns back to go to another stand which houses opposition fans to essentially goad should be booked, yes. 

Would you not agree? 

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

His point is it's not an offence that gets players suspended, so why should a manager be suspended for it?

Who said suspended is the issue, as CK has basically said

Players gestures to opposing fans, he can be punished 

Manager gestures to opposing fans, he cannot be punished

If this is indeed correct then the rules are an even bigger shambles than i previously indicated in a past page of this thread

Imagine that was morelos kicking out at the motherwell player........ 

Countless replays on sky sports, journalists and pundits demanding that the compliance officer take action and sportscene spending half show highlighting it.

If this is indeed correct then the rules are an even bigger shambles than i previously indicated in a past page of this thread

The player gets punished with a yellow. Managers cant get booked.

What punishment should Lennon have got?

4 minutes ago, Dele said:

Anyone who starts celebrating and then turns back to go to another stand which houses opposition fans to essentially goad should be booked, yes. 

Would you not agree? 

Not necessarily. A cupped ear celebration would be fine.

As long as the player doesnt make an offensive gesture, WUMmming fans shouldn't be punished.

8 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

I imagine that would be something like when he kicked out at Gallagher towards the end of the first half.......

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

The player gets punished with a yellow. Managers cant get booked.

What punishment should Lennon have got?

Thats my point, next time morelos scores he should calmly walk back to the centre circle while gerrard runs in front of opposing fans giving it the GIRUY gesture

Is that okay, or would it indicate the rules are a joke

6 minutes ago, Dele said:

That would require referees to make up a Law. There is nothing in the Laws under cautionable offences that mentions opposition fans. In fact, there's no mention of "fans" or "supporters" anywhere in the Laws, neither does the word "obscene" appear anywhere.

But the guidelines on gestures that must be sanctioned during celebrations is very clear. Such gestures are " provocative, derisory or inflammatory".

14 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

So managers are free to gesture to opposing fans because they cannot be yellow carded? 

10 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

Managers can be yellow carded, and if a referee saw an incident like this then I would expect a yellow card to be given out.

However, neither players nor managers can be punished with a yellow card after the fact - only during the game. If the referee had missed Morelos' gesture today then the SFA could not have gone back and punished him after the match.

4 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

Thats my point, next time morelos scores he should calmly walk back to the centre circle while gerrard runs in front of opposing fans giving it the GIRUY gesture

It would indicate the rules are a joke. The same rules all the clubs play under.

4 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

Gerrard would probably slip and get his good suit dirty.

25 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

:lol: goodness me.

We were crap today, offered nothing, with a couple of them having their poorest games of the season thus far.

That said I just saw someone say they'd wish we'd held onto Tanner over Polworth, so maybe life isn't all that bad.