The Well v A club from Govan

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Just because people have got off with it before doesn't mean it's the wrong decision. 

The usual reaction to anything involving Sevco. 

Apart from the inconsistency,  we have a player who takes high levels of abuse in every game giving a small  a fist pump after scoring and shutting them up.

A quick PnB search shows quite a few hypocrites, I'm sure posts won't be deleted. 

Just now, 54_and_counting said:

What whataboutery, its a simple question, had that was from the away fans section this place would be in uproar, its happened before and you know it

CSI Motherwell have lifted prints off the Bovril cup and it is the same person who poked Big Jig in the eye during the 6-1 playoff demolition.

Unfortunately the suspect remains at large.

2 minutes ago, sugna said:

There can be some blurring of the lines when comparing the Morelos incident to others that are "similar", unless it's done in the context of the applicable part of the Laws:

The key word there is "must". I don't think anyone would say that the bullet isn't applicable, as it exactly matches the gesture involved. Pundits are fond of saying: "We've all seen them given!", when I suspect they usually mean: "We've all seen incidents that appear comparable to this one, due to my proud ignorance of the Laws, with referees making a different decision which appears inconsistent to me, again because of my ignorance!" In some places, such as this, the Laws say "must" - and that isn't sloppiness on the part of the legislators.

Today's gesture, despite what people might claim, didn't "give the ref a decision to make", any more than if Morelos had removed his short after scoring.

On a side note, the word "gesture" can be a significant between this and to other cases. Running to the opposition fans is, as far as I can tell, not specified to be sanctioned at all.

According to the SFA this wasn't deemed a rule break, go figure

WV35_Rangers_v_Hibs.jpg

1 minute ago, bennett said:

The usual reaction to anything involving Sevco. 

Apart from the inconsistency,  we have a player who takes high levels of abuse in every game giving a small  a fist pump after scoring and shutting them up.

A quick PnB search shows quite a few hypocrites, I'm sure posts won't be deleted. 

Get the hypocrites outed mate.

2 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

CSI Motherwell have lifted prints off the Bovril cup and it is the same person who poked Big Jig in the eye during the 6-1 playoff demolition.

That's exactly where the auld angry c**t sits, too.

Image result for simpsons dog eyes shifty

Edited by Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo

Just now, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Ah well let's just move on then until the next player gets stuffed launched at him

But fucking hell mend a player that gestures towards said fans that abuse him all game, thats a big no no

2 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

Thats the issue, theres absolutely no consistency, the SFA and their rules are a fucking shambles

Either every gesture to away fans is a booking or it isn't, how hard is that to implement

It is incorrect to say that every gesture ["to away fans" - not part of the Laws] is a booking.

It is correct to say that some gestures in the context of celebrating are bookings. Those are gestures that in the opinion of the referee, are provocative, derisory or inflammatory.

That's defined by FIFA, not the SFA.

2 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

According to the SFA this wasn't deemed a rule break, go figure

WV35_Rangers_v_Hibs.jpg

So we agree, the part of the Laws that I quoted was applied correctly to Morelos; but was inapplicable to Lennon.

Read the part that you quoted. It begins: "A player must be cautioned..."

4 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The SFA don't give out yellow cards after the fact.

No they could give out touchline bans, the fact is lennon aimed that gesture to the rangers fans after hibs scored and he was cleared by the SFA, 

The gesture is exactly the same so why is one player punished while one manager wasnt

4 minutes ago, sugna said:

So we agree, the part of the Laws that I quoted was applied correctly to Morelos; but was inapplicable to Lennon.

Read the part that you quoted. It begins: "A player must be cautioned..."

I never said the ref failed to punish lennon, i said the SFA cleared him, an inflammatory gesture is still an inflammatory gesture, he could easily have been punished but wasnt

You'd think rangers had lost the match, given the state of this whataboutery.

Let's keep it concomitant.

Well were off the pace, rangers also but just had that bit more about them to make something happen. Incredible save by McGregor to deny Long. He's still just an absolutely awful c**t though.

18 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Even Rangers fans on RangersMedia are saying it was a yellow card offence...

I've never claimed doing what he done in front of their fans isn't a yellow card offence. 

The celebration in isolation isn't. 

1 minute ago, 54_and_counting said:

No they could give out touchline bans, the fact is lennon aimed that gesture to the rangers fans after hibs scored and he was cleared by the SFA, 

The gesture is exactly the same so why is one player punished while one manager wasnt

It is a yellow card offence. Morelos was given a yellow card. The SFA can't give out a yellow card after the fact.

1 minute ago, Dele said:

I've never claimed doing what he done in front of their fans isn't a yellow card offence. 

The celebration in isolation isn't. 

What? 

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

What? 

Which part are you looking for me to simplify for you? 

If Morelos does the exact same celebration in front of the Rangers fans, he remains on the park. 

The fact he went out of his way to go toward the Motherwell fans means it is a yellow card. 

I've said it before and I will say it one last time for you - it isn't an obscene gesture he should be getting cautioned and in turn, sent off for. It's for where he went out of his way (basically doubling back on himself) to celebrate that is. 

Edited by Dele