The Well v A club from Govan

That yellow card for Morelos' trademark goal celebration was always coming.

I'm just surprised its taken this long. Even in the card happy Europa League he gets away with it.

Hibs away in the next game though. Would have preferred Morelos up front for that rather than Defoe.

Not actually much different from recent performances. Rangers are just a better side than the ones we have been beating.

Disappointing lack of chances today and I don't think our game plan was sound. Having Hylton and Cole out on the wings didn't really effect the game and left Long isolated. The midfield 3 didn't do themselves justice today. Polworth was sloppy and couldn't pick a pass, Donnelly's shooting was woeful and they let Rangers get on top of them.

Gillespie had a great game though but left with no chance at either goal.

We needed to step up in effort and quality today and couldn't do it. Still think our season is going to be defined by smashing the poor sides in the league.

-

Morelos is a moron. Should have been booked much earlier than he was. Then making an obscene gesture is as stick on a booking as it gets.

6 minutes ago, bennett said:

Sevco win, the tears start flowing...

Makes no odds to me, doesn't effect Livi in the slightest Motherwell losing. You're a strange person.

29 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He does it almost every time he's at McDiarmid (even after a last minute winner directly in front of his own fans, he proceeded to change direction and sprint 20 yards to goad opposition fans), so presumably does it elsewhere too, yet has never been sent off for it. Likely had no idea it was a yellow due to shitebag refs in the past.

Yeah he kicked out at one of our players off the ball at the TMA and didn't get booked, his petulant behaviour hasn't calmed down at all this season, he's just getting away with it a lot more.

1 minute ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Makes no odds to me, doesn't effect Livi in the slightest Motherwell losing. You're a strange person.

Yeah he kicked out at one of our players off the ball at the TMA and didn't get booked, his petulant behaviour hasn't calmed down at all this season, he's just getting away with it a lot more.

It obviously did, tho you're not alone. 

1 minute ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

his petulant behaviour hasn't calmed down at all this season, he's just getting away with it a lot more.

Can't say I agree with that at all.

You can see opposition players doing their best to wind him up every game and he very rarely reacts, if ever.

I was going to use a popular P&B metaphor to describe Motherwell - but dugshite doesn't deserve that.

Professional performance from us and a thoroughly merited three points with some decent football at times.

Also, the away fans were in great voice with the added bonus that a lot of them will have a short journey home.

7 minutes ago, bennett said:

It obviously did, tho you're not alone. 

Only to you mate, only to you.  

2 minutes ago, thepundit said:

Can't say I agree with that at all.

You can see opposition players doing their best to wind him up every game and he very rarely reacts, if ever.

He does in the games I've seen, his petulance gets the better of him all the time, whenever he's frustrated in games he just kicks an opposition player. Did it last season and still does it this season. As I said, he kicked one of our players off the ball in our last match against you, right in front of the linesman and 4th official, both chose to ignore the incident.

Morelos is lucky if he only gets a one match ban

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/30716038

KsGLpa8.jpg

St Johnstone's James McFadden will miss three games through suspension after the club accepted his notice of complaint for an offensive gesture.

McFadden was given a two-match ban for the gesture on top of the automatic penalty for the red card he received against Hamilton on Sunday.

The former Scotland star, 31, was sent off for two yellow card offences as Saints lost 1-0 at home on Sunday.

McFadden moved to McDiarmid Park on a short-term deal in October.

He will sit out games against Partick Thistle, Inverness and Aberdeen before being available for a return to Fir Park to face former club Motherwell on 31 January.

Edited by Jim McLean's Ghost

Another absolutely meh performance against this lot at home. 

Although Rangers had several players not at it ( Kent, Kamara to name 2), we managed to be absolutely shite and fail to take advantage. 

When Mcgregor clawed out the point blank header from Long you just knew it wasn't going to happen. Even with all our attacking options on the park against 10 men we were utterly toothless. 

In midfield we were scrappy and lost almost every second ball, and if it weren't for a few good stops by Gillespie it could have been more. 

Disappointing but not unexpected result. Hopefully back to some semblance of our previous form for the kiddy-on Lanarkshire derby. I really wish Airdrie would get their shit together a wee bit to give us back a rivalry that we used to get worked up about, instead of the far less inspiring tussle with the shitey South Lanarkshire gang. 

29 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

That would be a very odd and demoralising sign to put up. I certainly hope we don't do it.

You don't say. :rolleyes:

I was of course being sarcastic and wasn't actually calling for such a sign to be installed. But it is however, a very frustrating part of supporting Motherwell and has been for the best part of seventeen years bar three occasions since then.

1 minute ago, MJC said:

I was of course being sarcastic and wasn't actually calling for such a sign to be installed. But it is however, a very frustrating part of supporting Motherwell and has been for the best part of seventeen years bar three occasions since then.

I just think the sign would be a bad idea is all. Lets agree to disagree.

5 minutes ago, MJC said:

You've beaten them four times in the past 17 years, fwiw.

2 minutes ago, Dele said:

Are folk genuinely thinking Morelos' celebration is an 'obscene gesture'? 

He quite clearly does the GIRUY gesture to Motherwell fans, the exact same thing McFadden was given a three game suspension for with us.

Are folk genuinely thinking Morelos' celebration is an 'obscene gesture'? 
Shooshing fans or cupping your ear isnt obscene but if you make a point of changing direction and running up to opposing fans and doing that, you are liable to be booked. Thems the rules. Only an idiot breaks rules they know about then complains.

I think refs are generally lenient with the celebrations rules tbh. He can have absolutely no complaints having made the gesture he did.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You've beaten them four times in the past 17 years, fwiw.

Our last league win against them was the 26th December 2002 so if you are going by the exact date then yes, we have beaten them four times. 

That is still a pretty stinking record especially given that we have had sides which have regularly finished top six and qualified for Europe in that time, whilst they have had some of their worst sides ever. Meanwhile our peer sides have been able to regularly beat them in that same period.

To put it in context, the last time Motherwell beat Rangers in the league it was still legal to smoke inside football grounds and James McFadden was a teenager.