The Well v A club from Govan

13 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

If I could get a ticket to a cup final v Rangers with a diddy supporting friend I would.

doesn't really stand up that people hate Rangers more than they like their team though.

Well that depends on the individual but in my opinion it's still a pretty sad thing to do. Someone getting a ticket to sit in the end of a team they don't actually support just so they can cheer said team on against Rangers is very strange behaviour imo, but as I said each to their own.

It doesn't half give some credence to their dafties singing "Yer only here tae see The Rainjurz" mind you. :rolleyes:

I personally prefer to reserve my money and support for the team that I actually follow.

I know this is negative as f**k but Severence Company 5088 not on a great run where we are means it's almost certain to be an away win. Feel free to prove me wrong with facts but history shows (in my memory) we only really get results in big games when it's unexpected. 

6 hours ago, Geedub-MFC said:

I know this is negative as f**k but Severence Company 5088 not on a great run where we are means it's almost certain to be an away win. Feel free to prove me wrong with facts but history shows (in my memory) we only really get results in big games when it's unexpected. 

Correct and indeed our last two(three) wins against them came when they were heavy favourites  and no one was giving us a hope in hell. Before the playoffs we had just had come off of an awful season and had that awful penultimate game at St.Mirren and not only were the media not giving us any chance, you'd have been hard pushed to find a Motherwell fan who wasn't resigned to relegation by this point. In the 2017 League Cup Semi Final we were a bit more confident but they went into the game on good form and it was as good as a home game to them given the crowd and of course you had BT Sports build up which had the Old Firm final as a dead cert by the midweek before the game.

Any time over the past seventeen years that there has been any sort of expectation that we would beat them it's never happened. These types of games have tended to be when we have went into the game on good form whilst they have had some sort of on or off-field crisis and the odd draw apart, we have almost always ended up frustrated and disappointed. God, even some of the draws we've had in that time have been frustrating as f**k - Jim O'Brien's last minute penalty miss, the Forbes (non) offside goal/Reynolds howler 1-1 game, 2-0 up at half time end up 2-2 with Jamie Murphy scoring.

As I said, a draw is the best we can hope for on Sunday but we'll be lucky to get that.

13 hours ago, MJC said:

Correct and indeed our last two(three) wins against them came when they were heavy favourites  and no one was giving us a hope in hell. Before the playoffs we had just had come off of an awful season and had that awful penultimate game at St.Mirren and not only were the media not giving us any chance, you'd have been hard pushed to find a Motherwell fan who wasn't resigned to relegation by this point. In the 2017 League Cup Semi Final we were a bit more confident but they went into the game on good form and it was as good as a home game to them given the crowd and of course you had BT Sports build up which had the Old Firm final as a dead cert by the midweek before the game.

Any time over the past seventeen years that there has been any sort of expectation that we would beat them it's never happened. These types of games have tended to be when we have went into the game on good form whilst they have had some sort of on or off-field crisis and the odd draw apart, we have almost always ended up frustrated and disappointed. God, even some of the draws we've had in that time have been frustrating as f**k - Jim O'Brien's last minute penalty miss, the Forbes (non) offside goal/Reynolds howler 1-1 game, 2-0 up at half time end up 2-2 with Jamie Murphy scoring.

As I said, a draw is the best we can hope for on Sunday but we'll be lucky to get that.

You're trying way too hard there. 

4 hours ago, kingjoey said:

You're trying way too hard there. 

He posted about twice in their match thread with us, yet posts essays in here 3 times a day, then mocks folk for their obsession with Rangers.

Hes gone full Monkey Tennis. 

22 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He posted about twice in their match thread with us, yet posts essays in here 3 times a day, then mocks folk for their obsession with Rangers.

Hes gone full Monkey Tennis. 

I didn't realise you anyalysed my post frequency so closely. 

And a Motherwell fan posting regularly in a match thread involving the team he actually supports, and Rangers, is an indicator of obsession with Rangers? It's strange you should pick up on that, yet ignore the several 'neutrals' who are on this thread which doesn't involve their team. The same 'neutrals' that can usually be found on just about every Rangers match thread on here.

14 minutes ago, nsr said:

Will MJC be properly raging if Motherwell prove him wrong by winning?

Believe whatever you want.

9 minutes ago, MJC said:

I didn't realise you anyalysed my post frequency so closely. 

And a Motherwell fan posting regularly in a match thread involving the team he actually supports, and Rangers, is an indicator of obsession with Rangers?

My point is I literally didn't see you post anything at all in a Motherwell v St Johnstone thread, apart from the pre-match moan about how Motherwell always lose, and then the post-match gloat, yet in a Motherwell v Rangers thread you've posted about five, multi-paragraph, posts. 

Just a curious thing to do, whilst moaning about non-Rangers fans who post more about Rangers than they do about their own club...

But-Thats-None-Of-My-Business.jpg.ebc18f92f763fd858f0871f919b6ea13.jpg