The Well v A club from Govan

"Best chance ever

They're there for the taking

They are demolraised

We are playing well

Can't wait

We're going to win."

I've seen this movie far, far too many times over the past seventeen years to know how this one pans out. And in that time the worst let downs have tended to happen when we have faced them when they are coming off a bad run of results and we are playing well, ie. top of the League in 2012, them just been papped out the challenge cup by QoTS. 

I've no crystal ball and I'm no psychic but I can confidently say this without any fear of being proved wrong whatsoever. Motherwell will not beat Rangers this coming Sunday. We might scrape a draw but that'll be our lot.

3-0 to Rangers.

Edited by MJC

24 minutes ago, MJC said:

"Best chance ever

They're there for the taking

They are demolraised

We are playing well

Can't wait

We're going to win."

I've seen this movie far, far too many times over the past seventeen years to know how this one pans out. And in that time the worst let downs have tended to happen when we have faced them when they are coming off a bad run of results and we are playing well, ie. top of the League in 2012, them just been papped out the challenge cup by QoTS. 

I've no crystal ball and I'm no psychic but I can confidently say this without any fear of being proved wrong whatsoever. Motherwell will not beat Rangers this coming Sunday. We might scrape a draw but that'll be our lot.

3-0 to Rangers.

They have a team of multi million pound players. So the odds of us beating them aren't good but you say we are getting beat most weeks so your predictions mean bollocks really... according to you Hearts are better than us all over the park which you have said 2 or 3 times this season. You talk absolute gubbins pal so will take your predictions with a bit of salt

You can take my predictions any way you like, I'll still be giving them and like everyone else sometimes I will be right and sometimes I will be wrong.

And just for the record, irrelevant as it is here, Hearts with a fully fit, injury free squad ARE better than us man for man.

10 minutes ago, MJC said:

You can take my predictions any way you like, I'll still be giving them and like everyone else sometimes I will be right and sometimes I will be wrong.

And just for the record, irrelevant as it is here, Hearts with a fully fit, injury free squad ARE better than us man for man.

Aye as I said absolute bollocks

We're doing well by our standards and are a decently high scoring team - but I doubt anyone at the club or in our support would argue that we're world beaters (in fact, I think there has been a lot of realism about the whole "work in progress" thing lately) so there's no reason to be making rash predictions here.

In Robinson's time, he's had a good attitude to these games unlike some of his predecessors and so I think that we'll give Rangers a good game at least. I'd love to see us getting at them with a bit of pace - which we have a lot of - as I think that is when they have looked suspect at times this season against better opposition than us. It would be nice to come out of this with a point to keep pace with Aberdeen in 3rd after the weekend but I honestly can't see more than that.

We've improved a good bit since the beginning of the season, indeed Hylton has really came onto a.game over the past month. We're still nowhere near clinical or sharp enough up front and also lack decisiveness in that area. Against Rangers who are quite a physical side we will struggle to create much, if anything in the final third and as ever, our best bet will be set pieces as I still think they struggle with that from what I've seen of them this season.

We've improved a good bit since the beginning of the season, indeed Hylton has really came onto a.game over the past month. We're still nowhere near clinical or sharp enough up front and also lack decisiveness in that area. Against Rangers who are quite a physical side we will struggle to create much, if anything in the final third and as ever, our best bet will be set pieces as I still think they struggle with that from what I've seen of them this season.
We've scored 8 goals in 3 games and the strikers have scored 11 of our last 17. What would you consider "clinical"?

28 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:
42 minutes ago, MJC said:

We've scored 8 goals in 3 games and the strikers have scored 11 of our last 17. What would you consider "clinical"?

We're slow in the final third and indecisive in the final third. That was evident again on Saturday and although we did score seven in the prior two matches, it is crystal clear that we still lack that finisher, that striker who will get you goals on a regular basis, ie a Louis Moult type player. (I'm not advocating us trying to resign Moult btw).

20 minutes ago, wellfan09 said:

Would love to see MJCs betting account profit/loss. Boy couldn’t correctly predict what date christmas is

I rarely bet.