Traces

eindhovendee

New Detective series starts tomorrow on Alibi at 9.00pm.

Starring  Martin Compston it is set in Dundee and looks decent.

As a Dundonian living away I'll be watching to see how the home town is looking.

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2019-09-27/traces-alibi-trailer/

Sky 132

Virgin 126

BT 312

Talk Tal 312

Edited by eindhovendee
Spacing

12 hours ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

Have they got Dundee accents or is it Jute City all over again?

Didnt hear one Dundonian accent. It would show a Dundee landmark then next thing they were in a completely different place 😂

Edited by AlanPartridge

11 hours ago, AlanPartridge said:

Didnt hear one Dundonian accent. It would show a Dundee landmark then next thing they were in a completely different place 😂

I was wondering about the locations. I watched the trailer on YouTube and it showed a scene in a nightclub that I didn't recognise so that was probably a studio some where.

Dundee seems to be the in place for tv and films these days. Succession, starring Brian Cox, filmed  an episode in the V&A recently. There's a film in the pipeline called Schemers, about a music promoter putting on gigs at the Caird Hall. There's another on its way called PTSD, starring the boxer Marc Navarro as a forces veteran whose sister has been kidnapped by the Albanian mafia. Kinda like a Dundonian version of Taken. A mate witnessed the kidnap scene being filmed outside Borzoni's chippy in Douglas.

it seems that Hollywood can't get enough of the iconic Dundee landmarks, like the V&A, the Caird Hall..... and Borzoni's. 

Edited by tongue_tied_danny

I've not been around Dundee for a while but since when has Dundee Law been called "Law Hill"? 

And where is Lock Kee? 

And not one mention of a peh. 

Overall though, it was ok. 

19 minutes ago, Trackdaybob said:

I've not been around Dundee for a while but since when has Dundee Law been called "Law Hill"? 

And where is Lock Kee? 

And not one mention of a peh. 

Overall though, it was ok. 

Locals always referred to it as the Lah Hill or going awah up the Lah. That's until 1980 anyway.

20 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Binged the whole lot in an evening then the following morning. Really enjoyable series.

That's exactly what I did. I was enjoyable for sure. 

• 2 years later...