Dundee FC vs Dunfermline Athletic

Edged it.  Dunfermline were laughably bad at the back for 51% of the game, whereas we were only laughably bad at the back for 49% of it.

Good finishes from the frontmen to demonstrate once again that they'd be an excellent strike-force at this level if they had some service from someone other than the opposition defenders. I also thought that was the most influential performance I've seen from Dorrans so far.

Hamilton, however, is legitimately one of the worst professional keepers I've ever seen, and I've seen Shrewsbury Town play every bunch of diddies from Carlisle down to Plymouth multiple times. Most lower league players have a mixture of deficiencies and positive attributes - that's why they're in the lower leagues.

McGowan, for example, is slow as f**k and prone to a meltdown, but does at least have some vision and generally tries to control possession. McDaid is a bit of a headless chicken, but is at least rapid and direct. Forster isn't very good at football, but is at least good at fetching things down from high shelves. In Hamilton's case though, I honestly don't really get what it is he's supposed to be good at. He doesn't stop shots and he can't control his box or organise his back line.

I don't feel good about the slagging the boy so harshly, but at least I'm doing it online where he hopefully won't see it. Those laying into him at the game when we're 4-3 up and the whole team's probably shitting it need to stop and ask themselves if that's really more or less likely to make us hold on.

A lot of odd "diddy" chat from the Dee's today, not taking their fall to the second tier too well. 

Terrible defending today, hopefully we don't need Devine in the team again with Murray and Martin proving a more stable CB. Apart from Dundee United this league is dross top to bottom. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the league stays as tight as it is now all season.

1 minute ago, Chewing Taffies said:

It was a serious question 

Thankfully none.  If it had happened at Gayfield it would have been most uncomfortable.

Here’s a serious question in return, have you stopped beating your wife?

7 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Here’s a serious question in return, have you stopped beating your wife?

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

At least she does it to you for free; some of us have to pay her.

12 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

That’s really shite ‘patter’.  You must be capable of a wittier response.

Just now, Chewing Taffies said:

More fool you. I would ask your wife but she has been in a nursing home for 20 years.

Who the f**k is that I hand my wages over to each week then?

(Alzheimers is obviously worse than I thought). 

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

^^^^ Not a member of the Dundee sado masochism club.  Which is surprising for a Funster.

Just now, Granny Danger said:

Who the f**k is that I hand my wages over to each week then?

(Alzheimers is obviously worse than I thought). 

18 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

That’s really shite ‘patter’.  You must be capable of a wittier response.