Dundee FC vs Dunfermline Athletic

Byrne is a complete ghost and I’m surprised it’s took this long for Dundee fans to realise this.

Anyway, 3 points is definitely within our grasp. When Dow, Kiltie and Nisbet are on form we are exceptional going forward. I do hope we have some centre-backs available again as Martin is wasted there and is much more effective at left-back. If Ashcroft is fit then he should walk back in the team in place of Devine. Is Murray anywhere near fitness? Noticed on social media the players were all out on the piss in fancy dress, presumably on their Christmas night out, and he was among those on the swally.

Good result for Dundee yesterday but can they continue their good run of form against one of the giants of the division?
Certainly hope so.

A big game. Very negative on this thread sadly. Would love to get a win against a team higher than us in the league.
Hemmings to carry on with his goal scoring and get on the scoresheet with a brace of goals.
Get a badly needed clean sheet and we will be getting ourselves ready for the next Dundee derby. Disappointed however it being on a friday as got fives.

Was geared up for going to this but £34 for me and the laddie + fuel + food. So £50 for a couple of hours "entertainment" in the cauld. Giving it a miss, pure greed. Don't even get me started about our two home Friday night fixtures that allow Dundee fans to get their away fixtures against us free.

Hoping someone goes to the game in a submarine [emoji6]

2 hours ago, The Master said:

I can't begin to express how delighted I am to be missing this.

That's the measure of where we're at for me. Time was I would have avoided arranging anything to clash with a home game, but now I don't even bother checking the fixture list.

Absolutely this...

4 hours ago, Shadow Play said:

We haven’t even got to this stage yet:

77106A92-3CCE-477B-9C71-EA955B3C35A4.jpeg

Yeah, trying to get Thompson out certainly won’t help you.

As an aside, the five stages of grief are: denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance.  Some Funsters seem to have skipped the first one but but I can see them going back.

49 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Got work night out and I'm no paying more than twenty quid to watch a game at this level. Fancy us to win if am honest, a draw isn't a disaster by any stretch of the imagination though!

Wish we were on a roll. I certainly wouldn't be whining and whinging about £4.

Thank you.

Pars players' Christmas night out after-effects may temporarily slow our runaway promotion juggernaut here. 
I'd doubt that. 8 fully pished Sunday footballer types could trouble our backline just now.

It's a miracle that big neep Forster didn't get sent off last week within a few minutes of play. Total liability.

1 hour ago, Big Gus said:

I'd doubt that. 8 fully pished Sunday footballer types could trouble our backline just now.

It's a miracle that big neep Forster didn't get sent off last week within a few minutes of play. Total liability.

Don't sell yourselves short. You got a very creditable draw against Arbroath at the weekend and of that you should be very proud. 

1 minute ago, Shandon Par said:

Don't sell yourselves short. You got a very creditable draw against Arbroath at the weekend and of that you should be very proud. 

I guess, considering it's a difficult place to get a result, as you lot no doubt know.

I stated my belief that McPake needs a change in philosophy in our own threat, so I won't reiterate it here. However, he needs to show some more fire and maybe get a little bit more arrogant. If he wants to be the man in charge and show he can do the job then he needs to believe in himself to be that man rather than sulking with his hands in his pockets. If he believes, the players will believe, and the play will be more positive.

Largely same team as the one against Arbroath, but swap out Byrne for Gowser (as well as Mackie out for Marshall is the latter is fit). The pieces are there, just need to work together again.

I'll be going. 

Wife is a Dundee ST holder and we're staying in Dundee Saturday night.  Totally understand folk drawing a line at prices though.  Still think we will bring 500 or so.  Not sure if that's enough to open the Bob Shankly.

Edited by Chubbychops