Dundee FC vs Dunfermline Athletic

No, this is not what I saved my club twice for.
Should have just sat on your hands and let them die, would have been playing in a cup final today if you had.

(I jest, Pars fans like yourselves stood up when needed to and saved their respective clubs. A fact we can all be proud of. Take the shite times when they come because the good times will be worth it - we know after a crappy last 5 years)

Just now, Chicken Wing said:

Should have just sat on your hands and let them die, would have been playing in a cup final today if you had.

(I jest, Pars fans like yourselves stood up when needed to and saved their respective clubs. A fact we can all be proud of. Take the shite times when they come because the good times will be worth it - we know after a crappy last 5 years)

True mate.

They may be a shite football club but they're oor shite football club.

1 minute ago, Chicken Wing said:
3 minutes ago, johnnydun said:
True mate.
They may be a shite football club but they're oor shite football club.

That's it!! Prepeare yourself for mid-table obscurity

Sorry, can't do that.

I am preparing for a loss in the play offs/mid table/shite season, then a ba's oot promotion next season. 

We have saved them twice already we can do it again. Yay.

Sorry, can't do that.
I am preparing for a loss in the play offs/mid table/shite season, then a ba's oot promotion next season. 
We have saved them twice already we can do it again. Yay.
Buy the league, United have tried that the last 3. What could possibly go wrong!! Haha!

Too close to christmas for me to spend money on a trip up to Dundee. Feeling fairly confident, I imagine any team in the division would be worried about a Dow, Kiltie and Nisbet attacking unit just now. Nisbet must be looking forward to a similar game as Saturday against another hopeless huddie in Jordon Forster.

Realistically a draw is an acceptable result but it's a great opportunity.

Given the form book, the current fan attitude on display, and the reverse fixture earlier in the season, I’d say 3 pts for us should be well up for grabs.

Will settle for a point, but 3 would be so helpful moving forward if playoffs are a legitimate target.

No chance I can make the trip though, I get the impression that the attendance from us may be well under the standard we’ve set for tannadice.

Given the form book, the current fan attitude on display, and the reverse fixture earlier in the season, I’d say 3 pts for us should be well up for grabs.

Will settle for a point, but 3 would be so helpful moving forward if playoffs are a legitimate target.

No chance I can make the trip though, I get the impression that the attendance from us may be well under the standard we’ve set for tannadice.

There was a big drop in our crowd we took to tannadice last time and even with our good run of form anyone thinking of going about it is likely to see the piss taking entry price and decide not too bother.

This has to be the most apathetic I’ve felt as a Dundee fan for as long as I can remember. The team has absolutely no identity or personality, a mirror reflection of the manager himself. We have, on paper, some very good players for this level but we do admittedly also have some absolute garbage (ala Hamilton, Forster, Mackie, Byrne, Meekings). Nevertheless. a half decent manager would be able to cultivate a team from what we have that could challenge for a crack at the play-offs. We don’t have that though unfortunately - Dundee 1-3 Dunfermline.

2 minutes ago, Worktheshaft said:

You Dundee fans sure are a contemptuous bunch.

I wouldn't call it being contemptuous, but there's a definite frustration and apathy with our team. Straight up, we believe we deserve better than we're getting, considering the monetary advantage we have. Big-headed as it may seem, that's the truth of it.

Seeing as Shaun Byrne was a standout at this level with Livi only a couple of years ago, I'm going to blame McPake for being out of his depth.

Also, a reminder that anyone paying £24 to watch a game in Scotland's second tier loses any right to ever complain about fans being overcharged and fully deserves to be ripped off.

1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Seeing as Shaun Byrne was a standout at this level with Livi only a couple of years ago, I'm going to blame McPake for being out of his depth.

Also, a reminder that anyone paying £24 to watch a game in Scotland's second tier loses any right to ever complain about fans being overcharged and fully deserves to be ripped off.

Was he not a bit shit for you lads too? Not saying it is, but it could be the case of one of those players that just fit in at a certain club. He doesn't seem to add anything at all.

I can't begin to express how delighted I am to be missing this.

That's the measure of where we're at for me. Time was I would have avoided arranging anything to clash with a home game, but now I don't even bother checking the fixture list.

27 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Was he not a bit shit for you lads too? Not saying it is, but it could be the case of one of those players that just fit in at a certain club. He doesn't seem to add anything at all.

He looked good at times but would often be anonymous. Never seemed to kick on, which was disappointing. When he starred at Livi, I assumed he had just needed a fresh start to show what he could do.

He's maybe been poor for you lot but I doubt there are many impressing in a season where you find yourself behind us and 14 points behind United.

He looked good at times but would often be anonymous. Never seemed to kick on, which was disappointing. When he starred at Livi, I assumed he had just needed a fresh start to show what he could do.
He's maybe been poor for you lot but I doubt there are many impressing in a season where you find yourself behind us and 14 points behind United.

Yeah I don’t think it’s easy to compare his time at Livi with Dundee. Livi were brilliantly drilled, and he was a crucial part of a midfield 5 that caused everyone in the division serious problems.

While his performances may be poor now, it doesn’t seem much of a stretch to think it’s maybe a by-product of poor coaching and management.

Cue Shaun Byrne masterclass and hat-trick on Saturday.