Pictures not loading on mobile app

FalkirkBairn93

Question

17 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn93 said:

For some reason most pictures just appear with the broken image logo. Any ideas why?

I get that too. No idea why.

I seem to remember somebody mentioned reinstalling the app last time this came up, but I'm too lazy to try it. Go, my test subject; give it a go and report back. And peel me a grape while you're at it.

I get that too. No idea why.
I seem to remember somebody mentioned reinstalling the app last time this came up, but I'm too lazy to try it. Go, my test subject; give it a go and report back. And peel me a grape while you're at it.

I did this and it worked for a day or two but now it’s broken again.

Yep, vast majority of pics broken for me too.

One weird thing I've noticed is that, even if a pic is broken in the thread, it'll still display as the thread thumbnail if it's the last picture posted. Very strange.

3 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Yep, vast majority of pics broken for me too.

One weird thing I've noticed is that, even if a pic is broken in the thread, it'll still display as the thread thumbnail if it's the last picture posted. Very strange.

Unfortunately the 3rd party branded app we use is no longer supported so no bug fixes being applied.

In the near future (hopefully first quarter of the new year) we will be removing it completely and replacing it with the new app that the forum developers are launching.

You have two options meantime which should resolve your issues;

1) Download the free "Tapatalk" app from Google Play and use it to connect to our forum. OR

2) Use your mobile browser and just use the site in mobile form which offers all the same functionality as the desktop version

Either of those should fix your immediate problems.

Can you give me an example thread with the broken pics mate?

Sorry, just seen that you requested this.

The PTTGOYN thread is a good example just now. I have some pictures that I can see and some which are broken on the same thread. I.e:

This is broken:

IMG_4454.thumb.jpg.ac8959effd4a5303774d25f181ad5ac5.jpg

I can see this:

IMG_4455.thumb.jpg.c878b1224d0583d1546a4c080553bb6a.jpg

Although, a good old fashioned clear of the cache and data in the app and they are now showing for now anyway.

Wish they weren't after that shite Div posted on this thread though.
Clearing cache doesn't work for me. Almost all images are now appearing as broken link.@Div Any update when new App version is coming into play. You mentioned Q1.