Miguel Sanchez

The Pie & Bovril Dead Pool 2020

Arnold Spielberg, father of Steven, and inventor of early computerized Point of Sale and library systems, has checked out.

15 hours ago, Aim Here said:

Arnold Spielberg, father of Steven, and inventor of early computerized Point of Sale and library systems, has checked out.

those are not the points I was looking for.

15 hours ago, Aim Here said:

Wonder if he'll beep going through the curtain?

Judge Deadd

Barbara Judge, former Head of the Institute of Directors and not someone I would have got on with I think.

2 hours ago, chomp my root said:

You can get 'rape kits' ??? Surely that's just going to encourage folk. 🤔

Incoming...

Spoiler

2018-19 Playing Kit Design | 3 Jun 2018 | News | Official Mobile Website | Clyde  FC

David Graeber, aged 59.

He wrote a book called "Bullshit jobs" which a lot of P&Bers might identify with, myself included.

On 02/09/2020 at 12:19, The DA said:

Bye Bye, Baby.

He's said bye bye to a "t", too, by the looks of things.

6 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Week 35 update

Nothing. Best I can do is a guy who used to play for Burnley and Leicester called Albert Cheesebrough: https://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/news/2020/september/albert-cheesebrough-1935-2020/

It's a shame Cheesebrough never played in the Juniors. He could have worn the Lanark Blue ...

12 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Week 35 update

Nothing. Best I can do is a guy who used to play for Burnley and Leicester called Albert Cheesebrough: https://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/news/2020/september/albert-cheesebrough-1935-2020/

According to his Wikipedia, he became a butcher after football, because 'he had learned the ropes of the meat trade whilst playing at Port Vale'. Which just opens up a world of interesting questions about lower-league English fitba in the 1960s.

12 hours ago, Aim Here said:

According to his Wikipedia, he became a butcher after football, because 'he had learned the ropes of the meat trade whilst playing at Port Vale'. Which just opens up a world of interesting questions about lower-league English fitba in the 1960s.

Well, considering that Canada's most famous donut shop chain was founded by one of the top Hockey players of the 1960's because his professional sports wage was too low, I would presume that he was working as a butcher to make ends meet

6 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

Well, considering that Canada's most famous donut shop chain was founded by one of the top Hockey players of the 1960's because his professional sports wage was too low, I would presume that he was working as a butcher to make ends meat

Fixed that for you.

6 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

Well, considering that Canada's most famous donut shop chain was founded by one of the top Hockey players of the 1960's because his professional sports wage was too low, I would presume that he was working as a butcher to make sausages

Fixed that for you.