The Pie and Bovril Dead Pool 2020

16 hours ago, BillyAnchor said:

The causing death one confuses me.  What if you just, for example, assist in the death by passing them a gun, deaiing them drugs they OD on, force them to watch Thistle every week etc.?

Points or not?

- If you didn't pull the trigger, it's suicide.

- If you only sold them the drugs, it's suicide.

- If you drag them to Firhill, it's suicide. Eventually. Probably.

Edited by Miguel Sanchez

Wondering how many have installed Doddie Weir in their 2020 selection? This will certainly bring in a few points, but it is not maybe a tad insensitive?

I've lost a couple of close friends in recent years through MND, and honestly you wouldn't wish this on your worst enemy.

14 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Wondering how many have installed Doddie Weir in their 2020 selection? This will certainly bring in a few points, but it is not maybe a tad insensitive?

I've lost a couple of close friends in recent years through MND, and honestly you wouldn't wish this on your worst enemy.

I won't be picking him for next year. Shame on anyone who does. However...2021, first name on the list.

11 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

You could say that about any of the picks on this entire thread. 

If it wasn't for the Wikipedia rule, I half expected to be on a few folks list last year!

1 minute ago, sjc said:

You could say that about any of the picks on this entire thread. 

If it wasn't for the Wikipedia rule, I half expected to be on a few folks list last year!

I won't be crying into my beer tankard if any members of the Royal Family bow out anytime soon.

Think my second year of playing this will see me taking a few safe bets to get points on the board.  I thought it’d be in bad taste to pick Fernando Ricksen.  But seeing my standing in the league fall after he went has changed my mind.  

17 hours ago, Lofarl said:

Think my second year of playing this will see me taking a few safe bets to get points on the board.  I thought it’d be in bad taste to pick Fernando Ricksen.  But seeing my standing in the league fall after he went has changed my mind.  

Bad taste?  In a dead pool?  Are you mad?

On 21/12/2019 at 11:00, ICTJohnboy said:

The mind games commence. Fully expect Mr Weir to be Captain in ICTJohnBoy's team.

Edited by sparky88

1 minute ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Naah...

I've got much too sensitive a nature, and always had that sense of decency, sportsmanship and fair play. 

The mindgames escalate. Doddie Weir is ICTJohnboy's captain AND he's making plans to assassinate him on his birthday.

I lost both my parents to cancer. 4 out of the 5 people I got points for this year had cancer. If you think it's insensitive trying to score as many points as you can from people dying maybe this isn't for you.

1 minute ago, peasy23 said:
On 21/12/2019 at 11:00, ICTJohnboy said:

I lost both my parents to cancer. 4 out of the 5 people I got points for this year had cancer. If you think it's insensitive trying to score as many points as you can from people dying maybe this isn't for you.

Cancer can be cured in many cases in this day and age.   Unlike MND it is not necessarily terminal.

Presumably Doddie Weir, who it can be safely guaranteed, will not be here this time next year, is one of your picks?

Cancer can be cured in many cases in this day and age.   Unlike MND it is not necessarily terminal.
Presumably Doddie Weir, who it can be safely guaranteed, will not be here this time next year, is one of your picks?
Should we only pick folk we don't like who are terminal then? Never seen that mentioned in the rules before.