The Pie and Bovril Dead Pool 2020

12 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

Prowse had plenty of speaking roles, as you can see from his IMDB page. Also not having your voice heard doesn't mean you're not acting. Marlee Matlin won an Oscar for a non-speaking part in Children of a Lesser God (both the actor and character are deaf). And of course, the entire film industry was non-speaking actors before the 1930s.

As Darth Vader: in a big suit, face unseen, someone else doing the speaking. Hard to see what Prowse was for, other than filling the space.

3 minutes ago, Bold Rover said:

As Darth Vader: in a big suit, face unseen, someone else doing the speaking. Hard to see what Prowse was for, other than filling the space.

I just read his wiki page and apparently he was replaced for light sabre fight scenes as well. I think he was just there to fill the suit and get the helmet at the right height.

20 hours ago, Aim Here said:

Prowse had plenty of speaking roles, as you can see from his IMDB page. Also not having your voice heard doesn't mean you're not acting. Marlee Matlin won an Oscar for a non-speaking part in Children of a Lesser God (both the actor and character are deaf). And of course, the entire film industry was non-speaking actors before the 1930s.

US born Aussie actress Betty Bobbitt aka Judy Bryant of Prisoner Cell Block absconds at 81. https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/celebrity-deaths/prisoner-and-crocodile-dundee-actress-betty-bobbitt-dies-at-81/news-story/9270e8344dabb0ecd27f7563be054d6a

Edited by Eednud

55 minutes ago, Eednud said:

Bettity-Bobbity-deid.

Does Lyn (can't recall her username) still post on here? She is from Bristol and would be able to redub the GXC adverts into Bristolian (albeit (presumably) with a higher pitched vocal).
Possibly was posting under Lisa cuddy. I could be wrong

23 hours ago, Eednud said:

Who could ever forget the classic scene at the bottom of the stairs with evil b*****d Jock Stewart. "Judy, I'm gonnae have to hurt you Judy" "Help me Judy, help me" Fuckin' great stuff. RIP Ms Bobbitt.

1344171987_jocknjudy.jpg.90df249c3b02af51b7ce8b8000e1ce78.jpg