The Pie and Bovril Dead Pool 2020

Week 42 update

Nothing. If you fancy some reminiscing about former Aberdeen manager Ebbe Skovdahl, this Scotsman obituary is nice: https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/international/remembering-ebbe-skovdahl-ex-aberdeen-manager-who-became-popular-figure-through-strength-character-3013762

37 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I don’t have a pun, for once.  I just posted to say that the obituaries, particularly in the Guardian, for him are genuinely moving.  

I wondered what became of Kevin.

From it's launch, I took the Scotland on Sunday paper and the tag team of Kevin and Graham brought joy to this eager reader and it is with fondness and admiration that I recall what Kevin shared.

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

I don’t have a pun, for once.  I just posted to say that the obituaries, particularly in the Guardian, for him are genuinely moving.  

He was also excellent when speaking on the radio, always giving a considered, intelligent opinion.

2 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/oct/25/kevin-mccarra-a-pioneer-who-changed-football-journalism-former-guardian-football-correspondent-dies

Never knew he was ill, really shocked to see his obituary.

I thought he'd died years ago.

I never liked him for some reason, or perhaps no reason ( I believe there's a thread for this pish) although I admired him a little bit when he got done for the hookers. The housewife's Roger Mellie.

Hopefully the congregation will serenade him (as the coffin is carried out of the church) with the timeless classic: “Frank Bough is having a party. He’s got hookers and he’s got Charlie”.  

Frank B'offed? I remember watching Breakfast Tv when it started.

Shame about Kevin McCarra a very good writer and even got a Jags season ticket when he retired back to Glasgow.