The Pie and Bovril Dead Pool 2020

26 minutes ago, Bold Rover said:

That's sad. He lived in Greengairs, beside a friend of mine. Only a little older than me. Two European Cup semi-finals? I don't remember those.

Great player one of the best i seen at Airdrie. Completely effortless due to his reading of the game. He left opponents wrong footed by his feinting. Movement would be strong a word he hardly moved at all, just looked like he might and sent them.the wrong way. Then an inch perfect pass.

3 minutes ago, Bold Rover said:

I was at the latter game! Forgotten those semis though!

Back in those days if Celtic didn't reach the final (of the European Cup) it didn't really register with the rest of us...

37 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Great player one of the best i seen at Airdrie. Completely effortless due to his reading of the game. He left opponents wrong footed by his feinting. Movement would be strong a word he hardly moved at all, just looked like he might and sent them.the wrong way. Then an inch perfect pass.

Fat Pat, as we affectionately knew him, was also good in the tackle. Remember him alongside Johanne Edvaldsson, mid 70s.

51 minutes ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

Lost the challenge.

Shame, they thought he might rally.

1 hour ago, Bishop Briggs said:

David Bryant, multiple world bowling champion and a Pipe Smoker of the Year, is burned out at  88 - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/bowls/53931692

Different kind of wood for him.