The Pie and Bovril Dead Pool 2020

10 hours ago, The_Craig said:

MND truly is a horrible disease. Hopefully he was comfortable in his last days and that his family take comfort from that. 

In other news, oh captain, my captain. 

David Fadin’

The only two people to step up for me this season have been my captain and my vice captain.  

Edited by Savage Henry

14 hours ago, The_Craig said:

MND truly is a horrible disease. Hopefully he was comfortable in his last days and that his family take comfort from that. 

In other news, oh captain, my captain. 

IIRC David Hagen, like Fernando Ricksen, spent the last months of his life in a hospice.

ETA - He is  my vice-captain and fourth hit of the year.

Edited by Bishop Briggs

25 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

IIRC David Hagen, like Fernando Ricksen, spent the last months of his life in a hospice.

Fifth. You're racking up the scores so fast, you're losing count. OFTW, IMO.

42 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

My third but he's El Capitano. Got to say, considering the effort I went into hand picking them, they've been a pretty ungrateful bunch. There's 1 or 2 that have hung on longer than expected.

Edit - I did the same as you BB and under called it, he's my fourth.

Edited by chomp my root

2 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Despite the global pandemic that has killed over half a million people, this seems to have been a pretty poor year for deadpool so far.

What makes you say that? This time last year - supposedly a notably high-scoring contest - 26 deadpool contestants had died, and 42 died over the course of the whole year. This year, there are 35 poolers who have put themselves on the scoreboard so far.

9 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

What makes you say that? This time last year - supposedly a notably high-scoring contest - 26 deadpool contestants had died, and 42 died over the course of the whole year. This year, there are 35 poolers who have put themselves on the scoreboard so far.

I suppose I'm just thinking of the heady days of 2016 (?) when we seemed to get a big name every week. There's also quite a lot of low hanging fruit gone this year that will have been in a few teams for quite a few years.

Is it really too much to ask for Coronavirus to see off a few more of my team?

1 hour ago, chomp my root said:

My third but he's El Capitano. Got to say, considering the effort I went into hand picking them, they've been a pretty ungrateful bunch. There's 1 or 2 that have hung on longer than expected.

Edit - I did the same as you BB and under called it, he's my fourth.

Easily done!

1 minute ago, Bishop Briggs said:

A quick calculation puts you in second place.

A more thorough calculation puts him in third, after you and chomp my root. Miguel Sanchez will be around tomorrow to make everything official.

4 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

A more thorough calculation puts him in third, after you and chomp my root. Miguel Sanchez will be around tomorrow to make everything official.

Cheers!

Hagen was a popular choice so Miguel will have a busy day. tomorrow. MND is an awful disease. RIP David.

ETA - The Record had a great picture of him against the Jags. It's one of my favourite Thistle strips.

1_David-Hagen.jpg

Edited by Bishop Briggs