The Pie and Bovril Dead Pool 2020

Week 11 update

One death this week. Country singer, Kenny Rogers: https://www.theguardian.com/music/2020/mar/21/kenny-rogers-country-music-star-dies-aged-81

Rogers grew up on an impoverished federal housing estate in Texas. He joined a number of bands in his youth, including Kenny Rogers and the First Edition, before he made it big as a solo artist in 1978.

He is the 10th best-selling male artist in the American charts and had successful collaborations with several major stars including Willie Nelson and Dolly Parton, who he duets with on the Bee Gees’ song Islands in the Stream. Thirty-five years ago he took a central part in the recording of the charity single We Are the World in support of famine relief.

Two other key crossover hits were Coward of the County and The Gambler, first released in 1978 as the title track of an album. The latter unexpectedly became the theme tune for the England rugby team in the 2007 World Cup.

I'm going to be honest, I've never knowingly heard The Gambler. After checking I think it's familiar. I much prefer this, however: 

Kenny Rogers died at 81, so he's worth 44 Base Points. He was a Solo Shot for @Hamish's Passenger for an extra 50 and a total of 94 points. As a result, the standings look like this:

1. Bishop Briggs 242
2. pub car king 223

3. JustOneCornetto 173
4. weejack 140
5. Ned Nederlander 127

6. alta-pete, sparky88 124
8. Ben Twilly 107

9. Musketeer Gripweed 96
10. thistledo, Hamish's Passenger 94
12. Arch Stanton 85
13. weirdcal 82
14. sleazy 77

15. statts1976uk 67

16. 101 63
17. lichtgilphead, Melanius Mullarkey 55

20. choirbairn, ICTJohnboy 51
22. chomp my root, Fuctifano, Ludo*1, mathematics, Speckled Tangerine, The_Craig 48
28. CountyFan, doulikefish, sureiknow 44
31. Bold Rover, D.V.T. 34
33. Cardinal Richelieu 33

34. 50/50 Winner, Blootoon87, cambozpar, cdisaaccie, HI HAT, LondonHMFC, LoonsYouthTeam, Mark Connolly, Meden89, microdave, psv_killie, Scotty Tunbridge, Sergeant Wilson, shuggz 22
48. Everyone else 0

The spreadsheet has also been updated with these scores: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1V64rLXKhrmZf-6K4D3RyN3cR5Z_i2rh-ztODUB_dQyI/edit?usp=sharing