The Pie and Bovril Dead Pool 2020

Just now, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Bzzz. Hesitation (8 minutes to post that)

Well, you're quite right there. Quite right, I say. I remember when I once played another game, football it was, and I hesitated  then too.

That should cover the deviation and repetition too.

8 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Think he'd missed the last few episodes of "Just a Minute"- low hanging fruit for anyone?

Parsons actually worked in the Glasgow shipyards during the war- I'd heard him do a fairly passable Glasgow accent on a show once.

179006d2fe0dfda921a8d6186168b971.jpg

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

Think he'd missed the last few episodes of "Just a Minute"- low hanging fruit for anyone?

Parsons actually worked in the Glasgow shipyards during the war- I'd heard him do a fairly passable Glasgow accent on a show once.

I went to a recording of Just a Minute at the Bonar(ooer) Hall in Dundee many moons ago.  Parsons was hosting and indeed did his weegie live.  Quite convincing.

Gyles Brandreth was also there but he was a c**t. 

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

I thought he was 'low-hanging fruit' last year.

Still, better late than never. Keeps up my proud record of at least one right every year I've been in dead pool.

Also the first points I've ever had in January. That's probably me for the year now ...

43 minutes ago, charon said:

John Andretti deid.

Gotta be a pick.

My 3rd hit of the month and year.

Points please. 

ETA - He has a qualifying obit - https://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/reuters/article-7949331/Motor-racing-John-Andretti-dies-cancer-age-56.html.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/motorracing-andretti/motor-racing-john-andretti-dies-of-cancer-at-age-56-idUKL8N29Z89F

I believe he's a "deadly duo" pick with @thistledo.

Edited by Bishop Briggs

9 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

The big bishop out the blocks early this year. My complacency at being crowned champ last year is already showing and January’s not even out yet...

Only champ as I had a ridiculous non obit. Countless obits around the World, fair few local ones, mentioned in a press release by West Ham, but not one National.

Bams.

But, I don't even have a team in this year lol.

1 hour ago, Bishop Briggs said:

41 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

As someone who lives in North America and follows motorsports I see news over here about John Andretti passing

Not sure he will get a qualifying UK obituary though..

I don't hold out much hope for your team this year if this is your level of observation.

1 hour ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Good drills mate. I'm just hoping its a marathon and not a sprint.