The Pie and Bovril Dead Pool 2020

Rule quibble. There's a loophole that should be closed off, to wit:

On 08/12/2019 at 12:47, Miguel Sanchez said:
  • You are not allowed to kill any of your entrants yourself. If a P&B user is found to be responsible for the death of any of their entrants, they will be disqualified from this and all future Dead Pools.

I reckon for future pools, this should be altered so that you're not allowed to kill any entrants into the pool yourself, regardless of whose pool they're in. It could well be in your interests to murder members of someone else's pool prematurely to stop them getting their Deadly December/Last Gasp bonuses. At the moment, it could well be good strategy to pull the plug on someone's life support machine on November 30th in a close-run contest.

I know that heading off a St Andrew's Day Massacre is very much a theoretical problem, because people aren't absolute maniacs willing to commit murder over a marginal advantage in a dumb forum game, but 1) closing it off helps insure against any fallout if the worst ever happens and 2) this is the season for "worst-of" P&B posters threads and I've been reminded that we do have some weapons-grade roasters skulking about.

Edited by Aim Here

4 hours ago, Aim Here said:

I reckon for future pools, this should be altered so that you're not allowed to kill any entrants into the pool yourself, regardless of whose pool they're in. It could well be in your interests to murder members of someone else's pool prematurely to stop them getting their Deadly December/Last Gasp bonuses. At the moment, it could well be good strategy to pull the plug on someone's life support machine on November 30th in a close-run contest.

I know that heading off a St Andrew's Day Massacre is very much a theoretical problem, because people aren't absolute maniacs willing to commit murder over a marginal advantage in a dumb forum game, but 1) closing it off helps insure against any fallout if the worst ever happens and 2) this is the season for "worst-of" P&B posters threads and I've been reminded that we do have some weapons-grade roasters skulking about.

The "found to have killed..." clause is a problem. The legal process takes so long that the winner will have been crowned before any points deduction can apply. Its like athletes being awarded medals where they were beaten by East German drug cheats in the 1980s. Nice to have the record books corrected but they'll never get to stand on the podium, hear the anthem and see the flag being raised.

Scott Glynn has died- not sure if he qualifies for 2019 or 2020 as the death seems to have been on Tuesday.
One of the best after dinner speakers I've seen and a good guy too.
It was definitely the 1st he passed away, here is the tweet his son put on his account to announce his passing. We had Scott at our sportsman's dinners a couple of times, he was superb.

1 hour ago, chomp my root said:

Surprised this lad hasn't had a mention.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-50979463

Shit could get very real in the Middle East....

American Government overthrows a minority Sunni Dictator in Iraq and then seem surprised that a Shia majority Iraqi population wants to align itself with Iran which happens to be Shia majority too....

It's so short sighted and stupid that you might think it was deliberate!

American Government overthrows a minority Sunni Dictator in Iraq and then seem surprised that a Shia majority Iraqi population wants to align itself with Iran which happens to be Shia majority too....
It's so short sighted and stupid that you might think it was deliberate!
Textbook stuff from Trump.
IMG_20200103_115743.jpeg

10 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Textbook stuff from Trump.
IMG_20200103_115743.jpeg

Undoubtedly he's an arsehole but he's just a symptom of the problem. Obama started bombing in Syria, Yeman, Libya, Somalia as well as Pakistan.

Anyway, off topic/Politics thread for this pish! 

13 hours ago, Aim Here said:

When the police come looking for you I will be fully complicit in the investigation.

9 hours ago, Arabdownunder said:

The "found to have killed..." clause is a problem. The legal process takes so long that the winner will have been crowned before any points deduction can apply. Its like athletes being awarded medals where they were beaten by East German drug cheats in the 1980s. Nice to have the record books corrected but they'll never get to stand on the podium, hear the anthem and see the flag being raised.

They'd be fine. I'd come round to their house with a medal and everything.