The Pie and Bovril Dead Pool 2020

5 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

And after... well, fucking loads of people dying in 2020, and after I've checked everyone's teams as best as possible, I can confirm that your Dead Pool 2020 winner is @Bishop Briggs! I gather you've been playing for years so well done on finally finishing top of the pile. 7 hits, a Solo Shot, a Deadly Duo and a Vice-captain bringing this one home. Congratulations.

Many thanks for your efforts last year. You have taken on a big job and a lot of ribbing over the inevitable hiccups. Best of luck for this year!

My first entry was in 2017. If I had kept cyclist Sharon Laws as captain (before a last minute change to VC) I would have won that year. Spain gave me the wrong score for her and put me top of the list. Thankfully, after a while, the mistake was corrected.

Last year was utterly dreadful in so many ways and, as the song goes, things can only get better!

I wish everyone (including our picks of course) a happy and healthy 2021.

20th.  Gotta be happy with that, when you see the lads that you are up against.  When you look at the board and see some of the big names in there.  Names like Sergeant Wilson or Billy Jean King.  Here's me with only 6 letters.

2 minutes ago, Lofarl said:

20th.  Gotta be happy with that, when you see the lads that you are up against.  When you look at the board and see some of the big names in there.  Names like Sergeant Wilson or Billy Jean King.  Here's me with only 6 letters.

My legal team are still looking at this result.

1 hour ago, Lofarl said:

Nice one. Reminds me of a joke on some sketch show: Accrington Stanley, one of the great names of English football. Shite team, but great name.

I'll post a final update and score tomorrow, but I'd just like to offer a hand to [mention=6160]LoonsYouthTeam[/mention] who picked Bruce Peppin, who it turned out died in May 2019. Apparently his Wikipedia was updated in June with this news: Bruce Peppin: Revision history - Wikipedia
Thanks for confirming I wasn't mad! A good reminder to check more than one source to ensure somebody isn't dead.

Cheers for running this again Miguel and congratulations to Bishop Briggs

Well done to @Bishop Briggs on the win and to @Miguel Sanchez for running it.

Finishing just outside the top 30 was a massive improvement on my 3 previous blank years.  Interesting to note that although the theme of my team was music based, it was the 3 footballers from the England World Cup squad who earned me my points.  Straightforward subs for 2021 though - 3 new squad members in to fill the void .