The Pie and Bovril Dead Pool 2020

9 hours ago, paranoid android said:

African singer Mory Kante is deid - his biggest  hit (apparently) was 'Ye ke Ye ke'.

A challenge for puns, possibly.

Mory definitely canty any more

Mory-bund.

Saturn has died aged 84.

Saturn was an alligator. Originally brought to Berlin Zoo in the 1930s there was a rumour he was Adolf's pet. Not true although Hitler used to visit the zoo a lot. He survived the Second World War bombing of Berlin and at the war's end was found by British troops and given to the Soviets who took him to Moscow Zoo where the Russians called him Adolf Hitler and later Saturn.

No points for anyone but an interesting story.

Week 20 update

There are weeks where a really famous person died and I saw it on the news or in the paper. There are weeks when someone died and a person or persons posted about it in this thread because they're due points. There are weeks where someone relating to a niche interest of mine dies and I'll know about it even if it wasn't mentioned here. There are weeks when you look at Wikipedia's 2020 deaths page for the last seven days and occasionally at least see a profession or a relationship to fame you recognise. This is not one of these weeks. The best I can do for you is Du Wei, but not the one that used to play for Celtic.

With that in mind, this week (the 18th of May) is the 40th anniversary of Ian Curtis' death.The Independent has a nice piece here with interviews from Peter Hook, Stephen Morris and other people relating to Joy Division and Manchester. It's worth a read, even if you already know everything about it.