Morton v Queens

Every other week, or as it’s also known ‘the first time in three months having played 7 of the other 8 teams in the division since, some of them twice.’

Five defeats in six and only two wins in 11. We’re in must win territory to avoid being cut adrift now.

Every other week, or as it’s also known ‘the first time in three months having played 7 of the other 8 teams in the division since, some of them twice.’
Five defeats in six and only two wins in 11. We’re in must win territory to avoid being cut adrift now.

I wouldn’t worry too much we are invariably sympathetic to the woes of rivals needing points.

Is your team full of utter shite?

Is your team on a terrible run of form?

Does a win for your team look as likely as Prince Andrew admitting he's a nonce?

Introducing the patented Queen of the South F.C. Season Kickstarter Juggernaut. For the mere price of entry to your ground the QoSFCSKJ will come to your stadium and do the impossible. They'll gift you those vital 3 points. Even if they go against the script and take the lead, have no worries, the SKJ programme will kick in and they will throw said lead away.

But QoS have beaten the sides at the top? Have no fear. This incredible SKJ is not programmed to turn to shit against better opposition but believe us when we say, any dross it faces you can be sure they will do what's expected and completely f**k up any chance of 3 points.

Coming to a ground near you soon. This group will make you reflect that things aren't as bad as you think. Don't miss this incredible event!

Is your team full of utter shite?

Is your team on a terrible run of form?

Does a win for your team look as likely as Prince Andrew admitting he's a nonce?

Introducing the patented Queen of the South F.C. Season Kickstarter Juggernaut. For the mere price of entry to your ground the QoSFCSKJ will come to your stadium and do the impossible. They'll gift you those vital 3 points. Even if they go against the script and take the lead, have no worries, the SKJ programme will kick in and they will throw said lead away.

But QoS have beaten the sides at the top? Have no fear. This incredible SKJ is not programmed to turn to shit against better opposition but believe us when we say, any dross it faces you can be sure they will do what's expected and completely f**k up any chance of 3 points.

Coming to a ground near you soon. This group will make you reflect that things aren't as bad as you think. Don't miss this incredible event!

Where have you c***s been whenever we needed points?

Umpteen years I’ve been looking for this service in the Dumfries area and you’ve not complied.

Queen of the South were winless in the league until we provided all three points at Palmerston in September; Partick were without a home league point until we contrived to lose to ten men against them at Firhill last month. So you're not even the biggest clowncar outfit bearing gifts in this division: patent denied. 

There should be no more excuses and endless spraying of bullshit from GMFC about this game - they simply need to get the job done and win for a change. The return of the dreaded flat back four however does not inspire me with confidence. 

I'm verging towards a "lets get Johnston out so his replacement has time to bin the dross in January" mindset so yeah, whatever, can't really be arsed with this.  I'd still prefer a win but a defeat wouldn't be the worst outcome.  So obviously it's going to be a draw.

3 hours ago, palmy_cammy said:

I'm verging towards a "lets get Johnston out so his replacement has time to bin the dross in January" mindset so yeah, whatever, can't really be arsed with this.  I'd still prefer a win but a defeat wouldn't be the worst outcome.  So obviously it's going to be a draw.

If Queens lose 10 nil Johnston will still be our manager we just can't afford to sack him 

The ball will be in Queens pen box many times with many crosses and that long throw  our defence and keeper will have a busy day hope McCorie has a better game than last week against Thistle .

2 hours ago, Northfield 53 said:

If Queens lose 10 nil Johnston will still be our manager we just can't afford to sack him 

The ball will be in Queens pen box many times with many crosses and that long throw  our defence and keeper will have a busy day hope McCorie has a better game than last week against Thistle .

We've never been shy to sack managers over the last few years so why should we be now ? 

The only person who wants relieving of their duties is Hewitson. The formula isn't working and it's time for a change. 

8 hours ago, MallanandFlanagan said:

Alan Johnston has had to build a squad from scratch and has only been in post a few months. To give him a chance the board need to let him identify the players he wants for next season and offer them new contracts now so that he has the chance to build a team for next season.

I would say he panic signed players before the league Cup group games this season so he had enough players to compete hopefully if he is given the chance he will get a better start to his second season in charge. He will need to start extending contracts to players Now for next season or it will be the same again...... 

10 hours ago, MallanandFlanagan said:

Alan Johnston has had to build a squad from scratch and has only been in post a few months. To give him a chance the board need to let him identify the players he wants for next season and offer them new contracts now so that he has the chance to build a team for next season.

Every manager at this level has to sign a lot of players due to the short term contracts dished out, so he is not some kind of special case sympathy vote.  I would suggest anyone who thought signing Michael Paton was a good idea should not be given the opportunity to sign any further players.

The fact you are even talking about building for next season when we aren't even halfway through this one tells its own story.

Let’s just keep a sense of balance on this - GN presided over 3 years of abject mediocrity despite having decent squads at his disposal. He definitely made some good signings but then failed miserably to achieve anything with them. During our horrific run of results in the latter part of last season which took us perilously close to automatic relegation he had players like Wilson, McGuire, Dykes, Dobbie, Todd at his disposal in addition to the utility part of the squad.Johnston came in after the Partick game - a performance incidentally, which I would categorise as one of the very worst and most inept that I have ever witnessed over many long years of support.

Johnston and Clark came in, steadied the ship and got us comfortably through the play off process and in doing that saved the club from a mini financial crisis.

It is also worth remembering that they had only one signed player and a very uncompetitive wage structure to offer signing targets. Personally I wouldn’t have signed Michael Paton either but the task of getting a quality Championship squad together in a matter of weeks on our budget was a huge task. I am as frustrated as everybody else that we never seem able to build on any good results that we get - throwing away a two goal lead at Alloa was a pivotal moment- but I think the squad is competitive and while the QP performance was horrific