T-H-I-S-T-L-E, A red and yellow team -vs- Bring it on home, Bring it on home, Inverness Caledonian Thistle

We had a compliant stadium by ground sharing at Pittodrie which was clearly approved by the governing body for the 2004-2005 season, Stewart Milne charged us £30,000 per game.
During this period Tulloch went ahead and built two new stands giving us a capacity of 6000 which was approved and partway through the season we moved back to Caley Stadium. 
Aberdeen btw were second bottom at the close of the 2003 - 2004 season, PT were bottom on 26 points having won only 6 of their 38 games.

Keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better.

That 2002-04 SPL was hilariously financially doped- we did ridiculously well to stay up in the first season IMO.

Containing:

Rangers (died)
Livi (multiple administrations, inlcuding one that year with no points deductions)
Dundee (multiple administrations)
Dunfermline (administration)
Hearts (administration)

Don't blame Inverness for fighting their corner but we got screwed. I was over it when Hibs and Hearts, both instigators of the second vote, got relegated in our first season back up in 2014.

Anyway, as for Saturday I've resigned myself to MFS scuffing one in off his standing leg or something like that.  Still hard to predict anything positive with this squad unless Cole starts firing rockets in from 30 yards but we probably need 4 points minimum from the 3 pre split games to still be in touch when the window opens.

1 hour ago, Fuctifano said:

That 2002-04 SPL was hilariously financially doped- we did ridiculously well to stay up in the first season IMO.

Containing:

Rangers (died)
Livi (multiple administrations, inlcuding one that year with no points deductions)
Dundee (multiple administrations)
Dunfermline (administration)
Hearts (administration)

Don't blame Inverness for fighting their corner but we got screwed. I was over it when Hibs and Hearts, both instigators of the second vote, got relegated in our first season back up in 2014.

Anyway, as for Saturday I've resigned myself to MFS scuffing one in off his standing leg or something like that.  Still hard to predict anything positive with this squad unless Cole starts firing rockets in from 30 yards but we probably need 4 points minimum from the 3 pre split games to still be in touch when the window opens.

It's only fair to highlight Motherwell's Stellar role in that fiasco - they were in Administration the previous season, finished bottom of the League but were saved from relegation by the operation of the 10,000 seat Stadium Rule. Their Administrator was nonetheless able to offer better deals to two of Thistle's best players (Steven Craigan & Alex Burns)...we also lost Alan Archibald, Scott Paterson and Martin Hardie because our Board, exclusively in that League, tried to operate a balanced budget. We didn't help our cause by appointing the hapless Gerry Collins as manager.

In their promotion season, Thistle had to have a compliant stadium by March - they wouldn't have been promoted if the Building work hadn't been completed by that deadline. Good luck to Inverness but these rules were waived for them. It suited Aberdeen, Hearts & Hibs to abandon the Stadium Rule - Thistle unlike Motherwell were not part of the Cartel and could readily be sacrificed. Shameless Motherwell voted to relegate us.

With regard to Saturday's Game, well I was sure that Kris Doolan would score on his return to Firhill with Ayr and was quietly pleased when he did...I am almost as certain that Myles Storey will score at least one but I  won't be applauding...in fairness Storey always tried and never hid but he was the most frustrating player I have ever seen for Thistle.

I'm actually looking forward to this game tomorrow. I'm quietly confident we can get back to back league wins for the first time this season.

It'll be a tough game but we need to start winning more than we lose at Firhill.

3 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

I'm actually looking forward to this game tomorrow. I'm quietly confident we can get back to back league wins for the first time this season.

It'll be a tough game but we need to start winning more than we lose at Firhill.

Can't beat an early finish for pints on a Friday, wish it was me. 

On 12/12/2019 at 08:53, Stan Butler Says said:

Some seriously deluded views from Inverness fans here. The reality was that far from “fighting” the SPL, Inverness prostituted themselves before the corrupt SPL to gain promotion, having deliberately not spent a penny on their ground. Money was spent on players’ wages which they didn’t otherwise have. They were rewarded by joining their fellow financial cheats such as Motherwell and Livingston in the top league, whilst Partick Thistle were truly shafted having been forced to literally build a new stand to be allowed promotion previously. This was a disgraceful episode in Scottish football. And can someone remind us how much Aberdeen made out of this - £750,000 springs to mind.

Truth be told PT were relegated four times between 1995-2006, Caley were to blame for all of them, feel better?

19 minutes ago, Snafu said:

I remember this as a sore one.

I remember Scott Paterson was a great player on his day certainly at home in the SPL and could have gone on to great things, shame his career was blighted by injury.

8730 attendance that day. What would a 1/4 final between us now get, sub 5000?

37 minutes ago, RiG said:

Aye I mind that game well. Paterson was a smashing player. Banged in a free kick in the replay I think to send us packing?

Aye that’s correct. 2 absolutely fantastic cup ties between two very decent teams. Barry Robson tore us apart at Firhill.

Edited by Hammer Jag