T-H-I-S-T-L-E, A red and yellow team -vs- Bring it on home, Bring it on home, Inverness Caledonian Thistle

25 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

We’re likely to have a defence involving one or both of Sean McGinty and Steven Saunders, so running quickly is probably more than enough to cause us all sorts of bother.

Could extend that to O’Ware and Hall as well.

4 slow, lumbering diddies at CB. What a time to be a Jags fan.

This fixture always reminds me of the uncertainties surrounding our original promotion to the SPL, which undermined the celebrations somewhat. Over the years I've been able to forgive and forget.

With that said, after careful reflection, I hope we absolutely batter them this week.

This fixture always reminds me of the uncertainties surrounding our original promotion to the SPL, which undermined the celebrations somewhat. Over the years I've been able to forgive and forget.
With that said, after careful reflection, I hope we absolutely batter them this week.

You mean the bit about you not having a compliant stadium, but being allowed to get promoted anyway.
I suspect that if you had put money into the stadium, you may not have had a good enough squad to get promoted.

1 hour ago, jagsfan57 said:

You mean the bit about you not having a compliant stadium, but being allowed to get promoted anyway.
I suspect that if you had put money into the stadium, you may not have had a good enough squad to get promoted.

You were happy to be part of a closed shop whereas we challenged the rules, took on the SPL and won. After this the rules were relaxed before being scraped altogether. 

ICT - fighting for fairness for all of Scottish football.

Edited by RiG

We were the team that resulted in the scrapping of the unfair stadium rule that resulted it many far-too-big legoland stadiums in Scottish football.

First team from the Highlands to reach the top flight.

First team from the Highlands to win a major trophy.

First team to win a major trophy with Danny Devine.

The Caley = pioneers

Some seriously deluded views from Inverness fans here. The reality was that far from “fighting” the SPL, Inverness prostituted themselves before the corrupt SPL to gain promotion, having deliberately not spent a penny on their ground. Money was spent on players’ wages which they didn’t otherwise have. They were rewarded by joining their fellow financial cheats such as Motherwell and Livingston in the top league, whilst Partick Thistle were truly shafted having been forced to literally build a new stand to be allowed promotion previously. This was a disgraceful episode in Scottish football. And can someone remind us how much Aberdeen made out of this - £750,000 springs to mind.

You were happy to be part of a closed shop whereas we challenged the rules, took on the SPL and won. After this the rules were relaxed before being scraped altogether. 

ICT - fighting for fairness for all of Scottish football.

You are right that the rule was a bad rule, but at the start of the season it was the rule that the clubs should have been adhering to. Your Club didn’t.

Were you fighting for fairness before you were challenging for promotion.

8 hours ago, jagsfan57 said:

We had a compliant stadium by ground sharing at Pittodrie which was clearly approved by the governing body for the 2004-2005 season, Stewart Milne charged us £30,000 per game.

During this period Tulloch went ahead and built two new stands giving us a capacity of 6000 which was approved and partway through the season we moved back to Caley Stadium. 

Aberdeen btw were second bottom at the close of the 2003 - 2004 season, PT were bottom on 26 points having won only 6 of their 38 games.

Just now, thistledo said:

Interesting stuff. 

As I recall Caley initialy needed 8 votes for approval to ground share but only gained 7-5 in favour by the SPL clubs with some abstaining, we went on to win it on appeal.

Didn't Motherwell avoid relegation the season before by the same scenario? 

14 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

As I recall Caley initialy needed 8 votes for approval to ground share but only gained 7-5 in favour by the SPL clubs with some abstaining, we went on to win it on appeal.

Didn't Motherwell avoid relegation the season before by the same scenario? 

Please don't make us remember.

I still hate Hearts, btw.  

Brown, Proctor, Golabek, Mann, McCaffrey, Hart, Wilson, McBain, Ritchie, Keogh, Bingham. SUBS: Munro, Thomson, Hislop, McMillan, Fraser.

The Tale of HMS Sneck (June 2004) - But the modernised and revitalised HMS Sneck will retain its dignity and sail proudly back into the choppy waters and its crew have vowed to remain true and loyal, irrespective of the future fathoms and lattitudes they may have to traverse. And as the sun sets and darkness arrives..a simple but solemn prayer eminates from the bowels of the HMS Sneck. "PLEASE GOD...LET COMMON SENSE AND FOOTBALL LOGIC PREVAIL FOR ONCE" - GOD BLESS HMS SNECK AND ALL WHO SAIL WITH HER.

All now engraved in the annuls of history - Lets all look forward to Plastic Whistle v Caley Gristle 2019