Falkirk vs Raith Rovers

3 hours ago, champions said:

Falkirk will have 17 players out with lazyitis on Saturday 

Beat that Raith

Do I sense a note of cynicism/skepticism among the Falkirk brethern?

Clearly oor loat ur wurss than yoor lot! 

Stick on for FFC on Settturday.....🤨

Reading between the lines from McGlynn pre-match interview I think he will settle for a point.  

Out of a squad of 25 we have almost a third of the squad unavailable, 4 short term injuries, 1 long term, 2 suspended and Monsieur Mendy out on loan. 

Given the loss of Anderson and  Davo it's possible that Mendy might have featured somewhere but still unlikely, so on that basis we can dismiss him from the 8.

Vaughan's loss is massive but it's nothing new and so of no new consequence to the fixture so, huge miss that he continues to be he too can be dismissed from the 8.

Both Davo and Matthews would have started but for last weeks madness against Airdrie, both will be a missed tomorrow.

The unavailability of both Steven Anderson and Miller is massive and bad enough but given the damage done to the Bairns in the last fixture even Falkirk fans will be delighted that neither Hendry nor Armstrong are fit. That's another 4 players that would likely all start if fit, ouch!

I'm in-line with McGlynn's thoughts, if we come away from TFS with anything other than a defeat I'll be happy.

11 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

Reading between the lines from McGlynn pre-match interview I think he will settle for a point.  

Out of a squad of 25 we have almost a third of the squad unavailable, 4 short term injuries, 1 long term, 2 suspended and Monsieur Mendy out on loan. 

Given the loss of Anderson and  Davo it's possible that Mendy might have featured somewhere but still unlikely, so on that basis we can dismiss him from the 8.

Vaughan's loss is massive but it's nothing new and so of no new consequence to the fixture so, huge miss that he continues to be he too can be dismissed from the 8.

Both Davo and Matthews would have started but for last weeks madness against Airdrie, both will be a missed tomorrow.

The unavailability of both Steven Anderson and Miller is massive and bad enough but given the damage done to the Bairns in the last fixture even Falkirk fans will be delighted that neither Hendry nor Armstrong are fit. That's another 4 players that would likely all start if fit, ouch!

I'm in-line with McGlynn's thoughts, if we come away from TFS with anything other than a defeat I'll be happy.

A squad of 25 is bigger than what we have, stop your whining.

47 minutes ago, champions said:

A squad of 25 is bigger than what we have, stop your whining.

Aye fair doo's but that's of little consolation if we don't have enough to fill the bench!

On closer scrutiny If you discount our failed French gamble Mendy who has been loaned out for half the season and 1 of our 3 goalkeepers (a 3rd keeper was signed as a loanee to cover Thomson until fit) Dave McGurn has now become more of a goalkeeping coach,  then as your squad is 22  in reality and only 1 player less than our 23 (I'm assuming Miller and McCracken are still registered players).

Not that there seems much to go round but you'd think Bairns fans would likely be feeling even less confident if they were told 6 regular starters were likely to be missing tomorrow. 

52 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

Aye fair doo's but that's of little consolation if we don't have enough to fill the bench!

On closer scrutiny If you discount our failed French gamble Mendy who has been loaned out for half the season and 1 of our 3 goalkeepers (a 3rd keeper was signed as a loanee to cover Thomson until fit) Dave McGurn has now become more of a goalkeeping coach,  then as your squad is 22  in reality and only 1 player less than our 23 (I'm assuming Miller and McCracken are still registered players).

Not that there seems much to go round but you'd think Bairns fans would likely be feeling even less confident if they were told 6 regular starters were likely to be missing tomorrow. 

We have 21 registered players, including a teenager who has been injured since last season and hasn't kicked a ball this. Miller is indeed a registered player, but with Livingston, and McCracken last played for Peterhead last season.

3 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

We have 21 registered players, including a teenager who has been injured since last season and hasn't kicked a ball this. Miller is indeed a registered player, but with Livingston, and McCracken last played for Peterhead last season.

Including Lavery we've 22. Miller would make it 23.

1 hour ago, Hank von Hell said:

Can we please have a separate thread for Raith's injury and suspension greetin'.

It's become very tedious to read and is clogging up 75% of this thread.

Nah, you gots to lives wit it for another few days...that way we can blame injuries for a bad result, like you can blame coaching or the team for one...or we can both curse weather and poor choices...you payse youse money and youse takes youse chances.

Get Gary Miller out of the midfield. Drop Durnan, move Doyle in one and put Miller at RWB. Put Tidser in midfield. Drop Sammon, put Longridge up top and start Leitch in midfield IMO.

Forgot to point it out last week but some of the misplaced passes when we had a chance to shift it quickly and open up the play, chief offender being Miller... Tidser wouldnt miss those passes.

We will win today I think. First home game of the season for me as I've managed to scrounge my old man's season ticket. I had my work Christmas night out last night so I'm blowing out my arse.

Get away from this five at the back and Miller in midfield nonsense.