Falkirk vs Raith Rovers

4 hours ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Telfer wasnt even a yellow never mind a red,neither Gomis or Benes yellows were yellows.Falkirk played with a man short for the best part of the game,we were decimated by injuries to key players and suspensions

Falkirk fans think we,re pish and we think they,re pish

Close the thread

You should take up refereeing. You’ll go down a storm.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:
13 hours ago, stevoraith said:

So doing your ACL isn’t a career threatening injury? emoji849.png

"Doing" your ACL isnt a thing m8. An ACL injury can be minor or severe just like any other injury. His was clearly minor.

Aye, but it was a severe one when he did it last season at Forfar. 

Just had a look at the highlights again.

I wonder why Hendry wasn't booked when he kicked out at Longridge, especially as the ref had a good view of it? There's also a 10/10 dive by Bowie (surprise, surprise) when Gomis tugs him back. 

There's also a good photo in the Herald of Hendry laughing at Telfer at the sending off. I think he's happy with the 'job done'.

1 minute ago, ShaggerG said:

I wonder why Hendry wasn't booked when he kicked out at Longridge, especially as the ref had a good view of it? There's also a 10/10 dive by Bowie (surprise, surprise) when Gomis tugs him back. 

There's also a good photo in the Herald of Hendry laughing at Telfer at the sending off. I think he's happy with the 'job done'.

Watch Hendry’s reaction when the ref gets bundled over.  It’s hilarious.  I think he’s mentally about 6 years old.

I hope it's not going to spoil your Christmas or will you be over it by then?

2 minutes ago, Disco Duck said:

Watch Hendry’s reaction when the ref gets bundled over.  It’s hilarious.  I think he’s mentally about 6 years old.

Aye, I know. He's like a wee laddie in the playground. It wisney me ref it wis him so it wis!

2 minutes ago, Frank conner said:
6 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I hope it's not going to spoil your Christmas or will you be over it by then?

There's potential for lots of things to spoil my Christmas mate. The antics of RR players won't be one of them.

28 minutes ago, grumswall said:

It's absolutely incredible to see how rattled the best midfielder in the league has falkirk fans. It's almost like he turned them down to sign for us...

Is this not matchday thread where all things that happened during the course of the game can be discussed?

It's actually incredible how rattled raith fans are at the slightest bit of criticism towards one of their players

Must say, before the game I would have absolutely taken a point so content with the result, although we had a man advantage for a vast majority of the game and disappointed we didn't capitalise on that. Having said that, genuinely didn't think we would even get a goal as our play was so slow and had no ideas how to break down Falkirk. Thought McManus was probably Falkirk's best player by far and always looked dangerous. It was good to see Hendry back even though he cost us a goal.

Felt that there was no attempt to play the ball and it was just a stupid kick out and gave the ref a decision to make. Highlights don't show it very clearly so can't really tell the extent.. must say I was surprised to see the red card out but the fact there was no remonstration at all speaks volumes for me. When Hendry lost the ball.. Think it was clear he was trying to get a touch to the ball rather than 'kick' the Falkirk player and no idea where someone has pulled 'McKay elbowed McManus' from.. I can only presume it is from their arse.. Clutching at straws springs to mind. Also, no idea why people are saying that Armstrong should have been booked instead of Gomis when Armstrong got to the ball first and then got boomed by Gomis.. Puzzling.

Very pedestrian stuff from us in the first half, far too slow and Gando gave Watson no support whatsoever going forward. For some reason he kept running in the centre to become a second striker which I didn't quite understand. I thought defensively Watson was steady, but going forward he has no pace or final ball. We did control the remainder of the first half after we got the goal, however that was when I felt we should have upped our pace and went at them instead of giving Falkirk the time to get a game plan/fire the players up and make the Gomis change. I said to my mate that they will bring on Gomis at half time (surprised that change didn't come sooner) and I felt nervous about what was to come in the second half and I was right. Falkirk came out the traps and right into our faces and deserved their goal. Couldn't believe how much we sat off them and allowed them to attack as freely as we did. We offered absolutely nothing going forward and actually forgot we were against 10 men. Definitely didn't look or feel like we had a man advantage. Absolute stupidity from Bene.. Should never have dived in for his first booking and why he let the ball bounce in the first place let alone bring the man down is baffling. He should have trusted Munro would get to the ball (even though he was very shaky the whole game). From then I genuinely thought we'd be lucky to get a point from the game. Every set piece we looked absolutely terrible attempting to defend them and thought that's how Falkirk would get their 2nd rather than from open play as they didn't really trouble us in open play. When the 2nd player got sent off, again we looked like we had no ideas at all of how to break them down. Thought Dingwall should have been playing out wide (if at all.. He was terrible) and Gullan behind the striker rather than the other way about. I said that from the start and our goal came from them switching positions. I also felt that McGlynn got the subs wrong. Dingwall was terrible and should have been hooked rather than Gullan as he was one of the only players who looked slightly dangerous. Then bringing on Allan instead of Victoria was a head scratcher.

All in all, feel that a draw was probably about the right result, however had it been 11 v11 or 10v10, wouldn't have been surprised by a Falkirk win.

50 minutes ago, inreganhendrywetrust said:
1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:
There's potential for lots of things to spoil my Christmas mate. The antics of RR players won't be one of them.
[/

A defeat next week at Montrose will definitely ruin your Christmas tho.... aye.....

Potentially.

Can you post a photo? Sounds great.

He’s probably laughing at him because he’s tried to injure him and in turn got himself sent off, brains.