Falkirk vs Raith Rovers

Thought a draw was a fair result all in. Raith played well in both halves after we had a player sent off and we were good up until those points.

I thought the ref was poor for both sides but got 2/3 reds right. He seemed to want to be centre of attention and got his wish.

No Gomis or Telfer (no loss) next week. I'd maybe start the same side with Tidser in for Telfer.

Edited by ilostmyself

Didn’t think we had that second half performance in us. Under McKinnon we would’ve rolled over and got our tummy tickled but fair play to the players really got stuck in and actually dominated most of the half and more than deserved a point. If it wasn’t for Buchanan’s stupidity meaning Gomis had to take his second yellow I think we’d have went on to get the win.

The 2 standouts for us were Longridge and McManus both brilliant in the second half. Goal came from Louis winning the ball back and committing a couple of defenders and he was doing that all half. McManus work rate and hold up play when down to 10 was fantastic he’s been like a completely different player the last few weeks.

Although a point isn’t great for us you take it after a game like that. Better point for us imo.

Enjoyed the game. Been a while since I’ve enjoyed going to the rovers as much as this. Just got a good feeling about the side.

We finished the first half so comfortably, Regan Hendry absolutely strolled it - totally ran the show, we had a lot more of the ball despite Falkirk having the better chances. Second half the momentum shifted and Falkirk had the best of the ball. when Benedictus got sent off it looked like the game was up but the players battled for everything and threw themselves in front of shots and ran themselves into the ground.

Our back 4 at various points of the game included Watson at centre half, McDonald at centre half, Armstrong at left back and Anderson at right back, so to hold on and actually end the game the stronger really speaks of the character of the boys.

Sort of feels like 2 points dropped but also pleased with a point.

That’s the first real game of football I’ve watched Falkirk play in 18 months. If the players can build on that we should be challenging for the league. If it had been 11 v 11 there was only one winner. COYB
If your auntie had baws she'd be your uncle.

Mind you, she probably does and is.

That’s the first real game of football I’ve watched Falkirk play in 18 months. If the players can build on that we should be challenging for the league. If it had been 11 v 11 there was only one winner. COYB

Yep, more fight about most of the team today than we’ve had in months.
Unfortunately, Telfer failed to understand what was meant by fight....

I know this wont seem insightful really, but Raith are fucking shite.

My hands are cold. Louis Longridge put in a terrific performance but everyone deserves a bit of credit after wee p***k Telfer sold them out.

He better have played his last.

Raith rotten [emoji28]
Played you lot of the park for the duration of the game, bar the 15 minutes after the goal.
You’re midfield couldn’t touch ours in the first half.. well, except Telfer...

We often get accused of being entitled or asking for too much as Falkirk fans, but that second half performance is all I'm asking for from a Falkirk team. The full side worked their socks off and Longridge is a great talent. Him and Gomis controlled the game in the second half. Declan McManus was brilliant again and deserved his goal. He must he a nightmare to play against - not only for his work rate but he is a clever player who knows how to use his body and bring others into play.

Fair play to Miller and McCracken, they changed the game with the half time sub and got the team galvanised at the break. We need to see that intensity from the start next week and hopefully today was the start of 4 at the back.

1 minute ago, RaithTheRover said:

Raith rotten emoji28.png
Played you lot of the park for the duration of the game, bar the 15 minutes after the goal.
You’re midfield couldn’t touch ours in the first half.. well, except Telfer...

were you watching the same game as the rest of us, you had about 3 shots on goal and scored with 1 of them.  

referee seemed to want to be the centre of attention and succeeded in it, never allowed play to flow.  and how in the name of f**k did the Raith number 22 stay on the park.

Decent day for us in the end. Still unable to beat a top 4 team (lol) but we’ve learned a lot and are still there or there about for the league. 

1) Telfer will never start for us again. Think there was some previous with hendry between those 2 and telfer got played like a fiddle by a far better player.

2) we were still fairly shite but wayyy more fight. McKinnon would not have produced that 2nd half effort, no way

3) a fucking sub made a difference. Gomis for McMillan was spot on and allowed us to control the game even with 10. Well done M&M, today was a pretty tough test 

4) raith aren’t much better or worse than us. I reckon the league will be won by no more than a few points 

I know this wont seem insightful

You’re right.

We were fine today, despite what Falkirk salty boys say. Our back four had a 19 year old with almost no experience in the first team, a left back at centre half, a striker at right back, a left winger at left back, so it’s a moot point. Regan Hendry obviously makes a massive difference to our side, he was head and shoulders above anyone else.

21 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

Thought a draw was a fair result all in. Raith played well in both halves after we had a player sent off and we were good up until those points.

I thought the ref was poor for both sides but got 2/3 reds right. He seemed to want to be centre of attention and got his wish.

No Gomis or Telfer (no loss) next week. I'd maybe start the same side with Tidser in for Telfer.

The two in the dugout will likely start Ross MacLean or Robbie Leitch over Tidser.

Captain man bun can pay the Gomis fine, tho I didnt think the first yellow was a yellow for Gomis with it being a 50/50 and the Raith players having his studs up and causing more damage to Gomis.

After 14 mins and the goal I had drink drink drink on my mind but the 2nd half performance was much better and altho I still have drink drink drink on my mind its not in a bitter manner. 

There is by far a better feeling within the squad for most under M&M but that doesnt win games, a lot of our players were by far going through the motions in the latter weeks of McKinnon so its refreshing to see fight within.

I enjoyed today's game, first for a long time, now for the drink,drink ,drink and drink

Very entertaining afternoon, unexpectedly!  Couldn’t see the Telfer red - was very surprised to see a red card come out, but can’t comment on something I didn’t see.  Ref was an officious p***k generally.

Raith were generally fucking honking.  Awful all over the park but nobody more than that keeper.  We really should have tested him more, he was hopeless.  And presumably your number 22 was u-boat captain in a past life for all the diving he was doing (which the ref got wise to).

11 v 11, or even 10 v 10, we would have won that comfortably, particularly with Gomis on the park.  I’ll take a draw and an enjoyable afternoon though.

I can see why falkirk fans weren’t wildly impressed, but that team was build on a very, very makeshift defence and (again) we have loads of players out. 

Good point but disappointed we let it slip. It’s fine margins but if Hendry just slips it in the channel rather than taking on his man we don’t lose that goal or Bene right after... ah well, was his only mistake all game and he was excellent -especially considering it was his first game back. 

Big game to finish the second quarter next week. A classic ‘bread and butter need to win home game’ .