Falkirk vs Raith Rovers

I hope the Dumbarton fans take note of the acceptable levels of deference that should be afforded to Regan Hendry in order to avoid eye bleedingly bad match thread quality this coming week.

I also, of course, hope no one succeeds where Charlie Telfer failed in blootering Hendry clean off the pitch and into another spell onbthe sidelines.

18 minutes ago, Holy Marv said:

Must say, before the game I would have absolutely taken a point so content with the result, although we had a man advantage for a vast majority of the game and disappointed we didn't capitalise on that. Having said that, genuinely didn't think we would even get a goal as our play was so slow and had no ideas how to break down Falkirk. Thought McManus was probably Falkirk's best player by far and always looked dangerous. It was good to see Hendry back even though he cost us a goal.

Felt that there was no attempt to play the ball and it was just a stupid kick out and gave the ref a decision to make. Highlights don't show it very clearly so can't really tell the extent.. must say I was surprised to see the red card out but the fact there was no remonstration at all speaks volumes for me.Β When Hendry lost theΒ ball.. Think it was clear he was trying to get a touch to the ballΒ rather than 'kick' the Falkirk player andΒ no idea whereΒ someone hasΒ pulledΒ 'McKay elbowed McManus' from.. I can only presume it is from their arse.. Clutching at straws springs to mind.Β Also, noΒ ideaΒ why people are saying that Armstrong should have been booked instead of Gomis when Armstrong got to the ball first and then got boomed by Gomis.. Puzzling.

Very pedestrian stuff from us in the first half, far too slow and Gando gave Watson no support whatsoever going forward. For some reason he kept running in the centre to become a second striker which I didn't quite understand.Β I thought defensively Watson was steady, but going forward he has no pace or final ball. We did control the remainder of the first half after we got the goal, however that was when I felt we should have upped our pace and went at them instead of giving Falkirk the time to get a game plan/fire the players up and make the Gomis change.Β I said to my mate that they will bring on Gomis at half time (surprised that change didn't come sooner)Β and I felt nervous about what was to come in the second half and I was right. Falkirk came out the traps and right into our faces and deserved their goal. Couldn't believe how much we sat off them and allowed them to attack as freely as we did. We offeredΒ absolutely nothing going forward and actually forgotΒ we were against 10 men.Β Definitely didn't look or feel like we had a man advantage.Β Absolute stupidity from Bene.. Should never have dived in for his first booking and why he let the ball bounceΒ in the first place let alone bring the man down is baffling. He shouldΒ have trusted Munro would get to the ball (even though he was very shaky the whole game). From then I genuinely thought we'd be lucky to get a point from the game. Every set piece we looked absolutely terrible attempting to defend them and thought that's how Falkirk would get their 2nd rather than from open play as they didn't really trouble us in open play. When the 2nd player got sent off, again we looked like we had no ideas at all of how to break them down. Thought Dingwall should have been playing out wide (if at all.. He was terrible)Β and Gullan behind the striker rather than the other way about. I said that from the start and our goal came from them switching positions. I also felt that McGlynn got the subs wrong. Dingwall was terrible and should have been hooked rather than Gullan as he was one of the only players who looked slightly dangerous. Then bringing on Allan instead of Victoria was a head scratcher.

All in all, feel that a draw was probably about the right result, however hadΒ it been 11 v11 or 10v10, wouldn't have been surprised by a Falkirk win.

You're surely at the wind up there? The ball was in front of Longridge who was well away from your player when he attempted to 'get a touch on the ball' He clearly tried to nick him.

The highlights don't show it but the defender rattled McManus on the face with his arm. He was lucky to get off with a booking IMO.

I hope the Dumbarton fans take note of the acceptable levels of deference that should be afforded to Regan Hendry in order to avoid eye bleedingly bad match thread quality this coming week.

I also, of course, hope no one succeeds where Charlie Telfer failed in blootering Hendry clean off the pitch and into another spell onbthe sidelines.

Still raging. I like it.

14 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Β 

Can you post a photo? Sounds great.

He’s probably laughing at him because he’s tried to injure him and in turn got himself sent off, brains.

Β 

Very poor attempt at trying to injure someone I would say.

28 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Absolutely fucking raging a full 48 hours on from the game, fair play.Β 

Telfer brought down Hendry when he was heading towards his own goal.
Last week Fordyce hacked down Victoria when he was heading towards the Airdrie goal and had the red rescinded.
If your club has the money, I reckon you could challenge the yellow because the decision making by the SFA is so fucked up.
Β 
Hacked!?!

Fordyce tripped Victoria in the Raith half, before he was even near the half way line. And on past form with Victoria, even he probably had no fucking idea where he was heading so no you're completely wrong on that summary.

It was a typical "professional", taking a yellow for the team type foul and never in a month of Sundays a red which the panel clearly agreed with.

7 minutes ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

Hacked!?!

Fordyce tripped Victoria in the Raith half, before he was even near the half way line. And on past form with Victoria, even he probably had no fucking idea where he was heading so no you're completely wrong on that summary.

It was a typical "professional", taking a yellow for the team type foul and never in a month of Sundays a red which the panel clearly agreed with.

What a slavering fanny.

Just had a look at the highlights again.
I wonder why Hendry wasn't booked when he kicked out at Longridge, especially as the ref had a good view of it? There's also a 10/10 dive by Bowie (surprise, surprise) when Gomis tugs him back.Β 
There's also a good photo in the Herald of Hendry laughing at Telfer at the sending off. I think he's happy with the 'job done'.

IMG_7437.jpg

You’re not meaning this one are you?

Anyway, fair play to the Falkirk fans on here, they seem pretty upbeat. If Rovers has just went on a run of one win in five and were in danger of dropping out of the third tier promotion playoffs, I’d probably be a little more annoyed.

14 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Absolutely fucking raging a full 48 hours on from the game, fair play.Β 

I wasn't raging at the game at anyone other than Charlie Telfer. Hardly likely that I am raging now then.... Don't let that put you off your posting by numbers though m9.Β 

8 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

Β 

IMG_7437.jpg

Anyway, fair play to the Falkirk fans on here, they seem pretty upbeat. If Rovers has just went on a run of one win in five and were in danger of dropping out of the third tier promotion playoffs, I’d probably be a little more annoyed.

Β 

Had it been 11 v 11 and we only drew then I'd be more annoyed. But we played with 10 men for 50 minutes before it was evened up, then with 9 for 10 minutes. InΒ those 50 minutes we equalised and showed a hell of a lot more fight and determination than we have done in any game this season.

Considering how shite we've been yet are still only 4 points behind the signs from Saturday are alot more positive.

1 hour ago, McGuigan1978 said:

Β 

IMG_7437.jpg

Β 

Aye, thanks for that, think it proves my point.