Falkirk vs Raith Rovers

5 minutes ago, Wee Sandy said:

Must feel a right kick in the teeth for FFC's Championship hope. Four points behind and almost at the halfway stage!! We win next week, FFC lose, and that'a us 7 points ahead!!

f**k me, a Fifer who can count.  Using all your fingers on one hand, presumably

This thread is fucking dire from both sides. I think both teams are quite entitled to be pleased with a point.

We were away to, on paper, the best team in the league with 5 first choice players missing and one player playing his first game in 8 weeks having only returned to full training on Thursday night. We played the last 25 minutes with a back 4 consisting of our third choice right back, our fourth choice centre back, our first choice left back at centre back and our left winger at left back.

Falkirk obviously played most of the game a man down and finished with 9 but at no point did we play them off the park. They hung in the game and were better in spells, the only time we really got on top was between our goal and half time. Pretty sure they would have won if it stayed 11v11 which was the pre match expectation.

Telfer’s red card looked harsh, was expecting the ref to produce a yellow but there was no intention to play the ball, he just kicked Hendry. The other 2 reds were definite. Can’t remember Bene’s first yellow but the second was stupidity, both Gomis yellows were obvious.

Wish we took the game a bit more by the scruff of the neck second half. It looked like we tried to play side to side looking for spaces but going nowhere against the 10 men and trying to tire them out to take advantage later in the game. A reasonable idea in theory but totally backfired when we went down to 10 men ourselves. Falkirk were well organised though and made it difficult, McManus was fantastic at holding the ball up and with his work rate defending from the front.

Sounds weird when we are the top scorers in the league but I think we are missing a bit of quality in the final third just now. Hendry will help, as will Miller returning. Lost count of the amount of times we got the ball wide to Watson in space in an attacking area and he just took a touch turned inside and passed it backwards. I like Bowie too but he just doesn’t hold the ball up well enough as a lone striker to bring our attacking players into the game. I think the Falkirk fans calling him a diver are wrong, he’s just turned 17 last month, despite how he looks, I think he’s still quite weak and needs to develop physically and learn how to hold the ball.

Both sides entitled to be happy with a point. Bit frustrated not to win having played against 10 for so long but I thought we’d lose when it went 10v10 and to be honest, we didn’t deserve any more than a point. I don’t think either side will be fearful of the other going into the second half of the season. Still expect Falkirk to win it but more confident we will at least make a contest of it.

Finally a special mention to the Rovers fan shouting ‘Just f**k off now McGlynn before you cost us the league’ as he applauded the fans at the end of the game. Fanny.

Edited by R.R.FC

Must feel a right kick in the teeth for FFC's Championship hope. Four points behind and almost at the halfway stage!! We win next week, FFC lose, and that'a us 7 points ahead!!

I genuinely don’t consider either Raith or Airdrie that significant tbh.

We are our own worst enemy. 70 points wins this league as everyone else is much the same and takes points off each other. We have only acquired 28 from 17 games. So we need 42 from the next 57 available.

That really should not be beyond us.

We saw today with 10 and even 9 men that we are a better team than Raith.

Start playing and keep our discipline now we are under a new management team and we should prevail. If we don’t we have only ourselves to blame as the standard of opposition really is not that high....

12 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

This thread is fucking dire from both sides. I think both teams are quite entitled to be pleased with a point.

We were away to, on paper, the best team in the league with 5 first choice players missing and one player playing his first game in 8 weeks having only returned to full training on Thursday night. We played the last 25 minutes with a back 4 consisting of our third choice right back, our fourth choice centre back, our first choice left back at centre back and our left winger at left back.

Falkirk obviously played most of the game a man down and finished with 9 but at no point did we play them off the park. They hung in the game and were better in spells, the only time we really got on top was between our goal and half time. Pretty sure they would have won if it stayed 11v11 which was the pre match expectation.

Telfer’s red card looked harsh, was expecting the ref to produce a yellow but there was no intention to play the ball, he just kicked Hendry. The other 2 reds were definite. Can’t remember Bene’s first yellow but the second was stupidity, both Gomis yellows were obvious.

Wish we took the game a bit more by the scruff of the neck second half. It looked like we tried to play side to side looking for spaces but going nowhere against the 10 men and trying to tire them out to take advantage later in the game. A reasonable idea in theory but totally backfired when we went down to 10 men ourselves. Falkirk were well organised though and made it difficult, McManus was fantastic at holding the ball up and with his work rate defending from the front.

Sounds weird when we are the top scorers in the league but I think we are missing a bit of quality in the final third just now. Hendry will help, as will Miller returning. Lost count of the amount of times we got the ball wide to Watson in space in an attacking area and he just took a touch turned inside and passed it backwards. I like Bowie too but he just doesn’t hold the ball up well enough as a lone striker to bring our attacking players into the game. I think the Falkirk fans calling him a diver are wrong, he’s just turned 17 last month, despite how he looks, I think he’s still quite weak and needs to develop physically and learn how to hold the ball.

Both sides entitled to be happy with a point. Bit frustrated not to win having played against 10 for so long but I thought we’d lose when it went 10v10 and to be honest, we didn’t deserve any more than a point. I don’t think either side will be fearful of the other going into the second half of the season. Still expect Falkirk to win it but more confident we will at least make a contest of it.

Finally a special mention to the Rovers fan shouting ‘Just f**k off now McGlynn before you cost us the league’ as he applauded the fans at the end of the game. Fanny.

A decent summary, apart from the Bowie bit.  In the first half he was throwing himself around like a drama queen and gesturing to the ref every time.  After the third time, the ref just ignored him.  Being 17 and lacking physicality doesn’t mean he’s not a diver.

oh, and the still expect Falkirk to win it part.  I doubt many Falkirk fans do!  The best performances we’ve put in this season have been two halves against Raith, otherwise it’s been pedestrian.

12 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

This.                        With the quality players back soon we'll be hard to beat.              Haven't lost a game since 2 November,lost out first goal in 5 matches, can't be bad for an under strength team. 

7 minutes ago, Sanity check needed. said:
17 minutes ago, bairn88 said:
Good, you have the best highlights package in the league

Definitely better than our shit, watch it on mute now.

Funnily enough, I'm one of numerous fans who tune in because of the commentators and their ridiculous takes. 

1 hour ago, MrDust said:

Yep the 2nd half as you were playing Yogi fitba in passing it side to side and not even getting out your own half against 10 men.

As soon as our goal went in, Raith players heids went down, a pity captain man bun thought he was better than he is.

That's what we do, even at Stark's Park, and it's infuriating. Sideways footballI seems to be a deliberate "tactic". It has cost us before from winning positions, like at Broadwood.

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

Just a note of caution. If we lose next week we will drop to 5th and out of the play off places.
I don’t think we will though.....

That’s not very festive, Ebeneezer. 

First game I’ve managed in absolute weeks, and delighted to be back roaring at a lino! At least he was consistently shite for both teams.
I agree with some posts already mentioned but there’s a few that are so wildly aff it!
Telfer deservedly sent off, disgusting challenge and more fool for not knowing the ref was a yard away.
Great cross and header by Gullan for our goal.
Hendry strolled it first half. Gomis unsurprisingly strolled it 2nd half until rightly so walked for both yellows. Bene also deserved to go, 2 silly yellow’s - erse! Was having a good game too until then.
McManus put in some shift, I seen him do more running today than the whole season he was with us. And Longridge, what a player he is, loved his half season at us, should definitely be playing in the Championship.
I thought Munro should have done better, and maybe palmed the save over the bar, but if the wind has caught it for the scramble for the Falkirk goal then fair enough. I’ll soon find out in the highlights.
Would I have taken a 1-1 before kickoff, absolutely, post 90, 10v9, and 1 mistake that’s cost us a goal, am I slightly disappointed, absolutely, but I’m also happy with the point.
It was also absolutely f*cking freezing the day, long johns on next week for the Dumbarton game. COYR!

35 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I genuinely don’t consider either Raith or Airdrie that significant tbh.

We are our own worst enemy. 70 points wins this league as everyone else is much the same and takes points off each other. We have only acquired 28 from 17 games. So we need 42 from the next 57 available.

That really should not be beyond us.

We saw today with 10 and even 9 men that we are a better team than Raith.

Start playing and keep our discipline now we are under a new management team and we should prevail. If we don’t we have only ourselves to blame as the standard of opposition really is not that high....

Average League One winner over the last 20 years is 75 points, 74 if you exclude the Sevco 102 in 13-14.

Lowest winner was 59 points. Raith Rovers in 02-03

25% of the time a total below 70 has won...on current pace, the top 4 will have 68, 68, 61 and 59 point.

It may take 70-75 this year, or it could take less if as injuries start to hobble some teams, it will be a fun ride though. There are between four and six teams genuinely fighting for this this year, depending on runs and luck.

Average League One winner over the last 20 years is 75 points, 74 if you exclude the Sevco 102 in 13-14.
Lowest winner was 59 points. Raith Rovers in 02-03
25% of the time a total below 70 has won...on current pace, the top 4 will have 68, 68, 61 and 59 point.
It may take 70-75 this year, or it could take less if as injuries start to hobble some teams, it will be a fun ride though. There are between four and six teams genuinely fighting for this this year, depending on runs and luck.

Surely, after Vaughany relegating us and missing a sitter to send us up (ouch), having to watch Barry-ball and Nathan Flanagan, and having 6 long term injuries in 2 seasons, our lucks due an upturn?