Falkirk vs Raith Rovers

3 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Would have taken a point before the game but as such disappointed we didn’t put the game to bed with how things were going by half time.

I think that's about the most sensible view that I've heard from a RR fan so far.

Happy with the draw after playing the rest of the game with ten then nine.

Telfer had to go, felt the other two reds were wrong, gomis should never have been cautioned in the first place and his second was a caution. Same goes to raith no. 6. Number 22 of raith should’ve been away, ref spoke to him on three separate occasion.

3 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Failing to lay a glove on a back three containing our 4th choice centre half and 3rd choice Right Back, and being at all satisfied, isn't really grounds to accuse others of low standards 

That isn’t the grounds we’re basing it on.  It’s nothing to do with how we played. The grounds are you being patently shit and happy with failing to beat 9 men.  Thanks for your input though.

Quite hard to judge given the early red card but there at least seemed to be a bit more fight about the team in the second half.

Still lacking in quality and even taking the red into account, that was a depleted side my all accounts and we weren’t great. Worrying.

Usually the reaction on the pitch tells you a lot and the Raith players all piled in after the Telfer challenge and none of our players complained either. Probably was a red based on that although obviously, need to see it again.

Raith obviously the better team and deservedly took the lead.

When Benedictus got booked you had the feeling he’d end up with a red so it was no great surprise when he walked. Thought we controlled it then without really creating too much (lack of quality) and Longridge and McManus looked like the only two capable of making something happen - which they did.

I fancied us to sneak the win until Mr. Falkirk fucked it and cost us that opportunity.

Draw probably fair but the way the game panned out didn’t really tell us a lot about either team. 

Final thing, I know it looked a bit of a swan dive but if Miller put his hands on the referee like that, he’s lucky he didn’t walk too. Stupid thing to do.

Longridge and McManus stuck out for Falkirk and it would be really interesting to see how this would effect them if they lost any one of them to injury. Happy with a point before hand so ill take that considering we had 5 players out of our starting 11 and with reagans first game back after 7 weeks out.
10 men , 9 men its irelavant we are still 4 clear of Falkirk a game and top of the league

Final thing, I know it looked a bit of a swan dive but if Miller put his hands on the referee like that, he’s lucky he didn’t walk too. Stupid thing to do.

I was really surprised he didn’t go for that. I was sat at such an angle that I saw the two hands go into the referee’s back. I don’t think for one second he’s ran over to him with the intention of pushing him, but he did. Not something I’ve ever seen on a football pitch at that level before!

3 minutes ago, basher brash said:

Special mention to the ref to flashy with the cards at times yet didnt punish other blatant fouls the classic one being the falkirk player not only placing his 2 hands on the ref but also pushes him over yet escapes any type of card

Desperate stuff.  Still didn’t beat 9 men.  

I’m disappointed not to win given the early red. Bit of an odd one really, given the players available a draw would’ve been a great result before the game, a disaster at half time but on 65 mins we’d have taken it there and then.

Benedictus is a fucking idiot, a bit of a silly first yellow and then makes a mistake and hauls the guy down. Loves a red at Falkirk. Absolutely amazing really that we saw out 30 mins or so with a defence that goes well beyond a ‘worst case’ scenario without conceding.

Falkirk produced some dreadful challenges throughout the game. Dixon and Gomis both booked for high challenges, the ref let one go early on, and obviously Telfer sent off. Seems like they were up for it.

Win next week and we’re top at the halfway stage. Can’t argue with that.

4 minutes ago, Wee Sandy said:

Must feel a right kick in the teeth for FFC's Championship hope. Four points behind and almost at the halfway stage!! We win next week, FFC lose, and that'a us 7 points ahead!!

Not really mate. Just another Saturday night.